It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We're not asking people to spy on their neighbors"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Big Police Departments Back Anti-Terror Citizen Watch

Source

WASHINGTON — A store clerk's curiosity about why Najibullah Zazi was buying large quantities of beauty supply products indicated that something about the transaction wasn't quite right — and it's an example of the kind of citizen vigilance that can combat terror, a police commander said Saturday.

Los Angeles police Cmdr. Joan McNamara cited this summer's incident as police chiefs meeting in Denver adopted a model for a nationwide community watch program that teaches people what behavior is truly suspicious and encourages them to report it to police

There you have it, the beginnings of a National Community Watch System... though in it's infant stages, it is potentially coming your way, nonetheless...

Bratton hopes the iWATCH program becomes as successful and as well known as the Smokey Bear campaign to prevent wildfires. "There he is with his Smokey the Bear hat, similarly here, we hope that this program, even though it's in its birthing stages right now, in a few years will become that well know to the American public."

National Watch Groups Final Report, July 2008

[edit on 3-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just finished watching the Season 2 finale of Babylon 5. It had a similar note, of course, the script was modeled after the idea of the brown shirts in nazi germany and the citizen patrols in the Soviet Union.

Still to see this tonight..very disturbing. Is there a way to counter such a thing? Watch groups to monitor when people start disappearing?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I just edited in 2 additional links above, plus linking the Citizen Corps page.

Citizen Corps

Citizen Corps programs build on the successful efforts that are in place in many communities around the country to prevent crime and respond to emergencies. Programs that started through local innovation are the foundation for Citizen Corps and this national approach to citizen participation in community safety.

Citizen Corps is coordinated nationally by the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency. In this capacity, FEMA works closely with other federal entities, state and local governments, first responders and emergency managers, the volunteer community, and the Corporation for National & Community Service.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Livestock farmers have been screaming bloody murder about this for a couple of years. We already know we do not live in a "free" country.

“...Vet came out this year, and “V” was in the house. By the time she met the vet in the barn, she was... um... astonished to see him taking pictures of the horses, the dogs and the property. Being married to a retired police sgt. she demanded the film - at which point he told her that "it just makes things that much easier" . She called her husband, he got the film and fired the vet....” Message #25237 Americans against NAIS

Karen reported
my State Dept of Ag.informed the expo organizers that I had harassed people, was rude and obnoxious and had even caused a riot to break out over NAIS! They stated that they were 'in fear of being on the same grounds' as me for fear that I would cause another riot. "I was NOT at said Farm Expo but I did know people who attended. NO riot broke out!

My State Dept of Ag also provided the expo organizers with numerous e-mails that I had written about NAIS - going back an entire year. I saw these e-mails from our State Dept of Ag with my own eyes. It was then that I realized they are actually tracking me on the internet."

Paul, Lynn and Linda reported people spying on them. Paul had his home broken into and his computer records trashed, He was working on a law suit against the USDA. Linda had her farm raided and all her sheep killed. And I have heard nothing (e-mail) further from Lynn. Sue's story is below.

I just left Danny and Cyndi Henshaws place yesterday around noon. We got there early morning and spent half a day looking at the destruction and mess left by the kill. Now if these animals were diseased why did the USDA put them in trailers that leaked blood out...

I went to the lawyers’ office with Danny and Cyndi and was given all the documents pertaining to their cases. The lawyer handed them as they were copied to me. I had them in a big envelope....

....The car was locked and my nonais notebook, the envelope with all the documents for Cyndi and Danny were in the bottom floorboard of the car. I had intended to bring them in but Harold said I was asleep as soon as I laid on the bed and he did not think of bringing them in.

He did double check locking the car because he had to go to Wal Mart and left me sleeping. He did not even stop for food but came back and went to sleep. The car was broken into during the night but all that was taken were any legal documents pertaining to the USDA. “Someone” only took the legal documents that I have had faxed to me and replaced but left a DVD player, many DVD’s we forgot to bring in, other valuables. The doors were still locked when we got up and when I went to look at the documents to read something for someone on the phone, all were there but the ones for USDA involvement in the cases. Nothing else touched or gone.... Comment Sue Karber — September 28, 2006 @ 9:58 pm

Parcel Identification System
Integrated Administration and Control System (IACS)

The US is following in the footsteps of the EU as they implement and integrate property (parcel) identification... The objectives of the program are clearly stated is to evaluate the feasibility of managing agricultural parcel identifiers, declared under the Integrated Administration and Control System (IACS)....

Multiscale Animal Sensing and Tracking (MAST):

Animals as indicators of environmental change Information on animal health, movement, and survival can be used to predict ecosystem and human health. In the past, these data have alerted us to the impending ecological disasters including over-hunting (e.g., white-tailed deer), DDT poisoning (e.g., raptors), invasive species (e.g., starlings) or emerging diseases (e.g., West Nile virus). Although remote sensing of these data is now possible, no attempt has been made to systematically use animal monitoring as a sentinel and forecasting system for continent-wide safeguarding of organisms across levels of biological organization, from humans to soil microbes.

Drones to Remote View Farms

This program begins to integrate Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV) also known as drones to cut the expense of those satellite remote sensing images that are used to spy on farmers. So look up and watch for those 6 foot helicopters flying overhead.... link [I have them busying my farm]

This from the NoNAIS website on june 29, 2006

US planning to recruit one in 24 Americans as citizen spies

The Bush Administration aims to recruit millions of United States citizens as domestic informants in a program likely to alarm civil liberties groups. The program would use a minimum of 4 per cent of Americans to report “suspicious activity”. Civil liberties groups have already warned that, with the passage earlier this year of the Patriot Act, there is potential for abusive, large-scale investigations of US citizens. Highlighting the scope of the surveillance network, TIPS volunteers are being recruited primarily from among those whose work provides access to homes, businesses or transport systems. Letter carriers, utility employees, truck drivers and train conductors are among those named as targeted recruits....

It should be noted that on page 27 of the USDA proposed draft for NAIS it states:

Reporting Animal Movement/Sightings
Records that provide animal location and movements would be received from various sectors of the industry (producers, animal health officials, service providers, markets, and slaughter plants). Such input would be obtained through the integration of the AIN/Animal Transaction file.

Translations:

1. Animal Health Officials - Veterinarians, inspectors, humane society, etc.
2. Service Providers - your friendly electric utility workers, gas delivery drivers, meter readers, postal workers, and other members of the public.
3. Markets - Auction houses, retail stores, restaurant buyers.
4. Slaughter Houses - Your local butcher.

It’s good to know our government loves us so much it is willing to pay good money, our tax dollars, to recruit our neighbors to spy on us to make sure we do the “right thing.” We can’t have any bad thoughts out there! All Hail der Fatherland!

new topics

top topics

join