It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Invade China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is news to anyone, but it seemed interesting to me, and I hadn't seen it here anywhere so I thought I would share.

"The UFO world is alive with speculation that China is about to reveal details of startling and detailed footage of an unidentified flying object taken during the solar eclipse on July 22.

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing are reported to have confirmed that they filmed a UFO during the eclipse for 40 minutes. They say that they will spend the next 12 months studying the footage before drawing any conclusions."

Here is the link to the whole story
Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are at least 2 threads on this in breaking news and I think maybe more, if you want to see more info on this:

» Breaking Alternative News » Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

» Breaking Alternative News » UFO 'filmed for 40 minutes' by Chinese scientists during solar eclipse
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If this is the first thread on this topic in the Aliens and UFOs section then I don't think it counts as a duplicate, but I'm not sure it is the first thread. I didn't find the other thread in the aliens and UFO section in a quick search though.

I hate these guys make us wait a year to hear what they saw. I'm not that patient!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
I'm not sure if this is news to anyone, but it seemed interesting to me, and I hadn't seen it here anywhere so I thought I would share.

"The UFO world is alive with speculation that China is about to reveal details of startling and detailed footage of an unidentified flying object taken during the solar eclipse on July 22.

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing are reported to have confirmed that they filmed a UFO during the eclipse for 40 minutes. They say that they will spend the next 12 months studying the footage before drawing any conclusions."

Here is the link to the whole story
Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

12 months to "study" 40 minutes! And all they will be able to come up with will be "We have no idea what the object is."

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Although this has been discussed on a few threads already... I still find this sighting interesting. There are images of this case not published that are truly curious.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0e9ddadd673.jpg[/atsimg]

Does not appear too aerodynamic does it ?

These images and the images in the youtube vids were taken by students.. this was a separate event... these are not the images or footage filmed at or by the Purple Mountain Observatory .

Curious indeed...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

In space, aerodynamics mean nothing. You could be a flat panel like ship or a pointy arrow ship, and you'd achieve the same rate of speed if you have identical thrust. None of that air stuff to provide resistance.

If it travels in space more than in an atmosphere, that probably isn't a primary concern.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

ufos probably dont have the same concept as our air vehicles do.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alter-Ego
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0e9ddadd673.jpg[/atsimg]

That shape reminds me of the one that JAL Flight 1628 saw.
Notice below how small the 747 looks in comparison?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c099907cc6df.png[/atsimg]

The Best UFO Case Ever! JAL Flight 1628 Over Alaska

Japanese Airline 1628 Encounters UFO
It was just a routine flight. Well, not exactly routine... It was a special Japan Air Lines 747 cargo flight to carry a load of French wine from Paris to Tokyo. The flight plan would carry flight 1628 from Paris to Reykjavik, Iceland, across the North Atlantic and Greenland, then across Canada to Anchorage, Alaska, and finally across the Pacific to Tokyo.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the feedback so far and sorry for posting this after it had already been posted elsewhere. I just looked on the UFO section and didn't see it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Bloody good find guy! I heard nothing about this. Oh, and for the record, though shape, and aerodynamics are a moot point in zero gravity, the most rigid shape in SPACE, zero gravity, is a sphere. I would guess, that is why both planets, and most UFO's are a round-ish shape.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

From the infrared satellite photo it looks like that thing was 30 miles across so it actually dwarfs the 747 even more than that illustration suggests.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

For all we know it could be the mother ship of what the Japanese pilot saw. Kind of like the Russian dolls? He said the one he saw was twice the size of an American aircraft carrier.

top topics

join