It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all American soldiers - Learn from this man

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Would almost seem justifiable (to me) to ask to have a hoax tag slapped on this.

Almost.

Particularly disgusting, I'll give you that.

Everyone says it is disgusting, everyone thinks it is obvious, but don't worry, the purpose of this thread is to make you think, and at the end of the day it will.

And when you do think about it you will come to productive conclusions.

I still haven't heard any comments that are productive to the discussion, mind I ask why?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Come on OP, tell us how you really feel. Tell us how you badly you hate Americans.

Americans? I love American people, anyone who doesn't appreciate the contribution of Americans in this world is living in a fantasy world. I hate the fact that soldiers are careless enough to risk the lives of millions of people by implementing an unjustified war. Don't hesitate to do a rebuttal.

I've seen many of your posts, and find your inability to realize that you're posting things like this, in a forum frequented by adults, both disgusting and insulting at the same time.

And you have to tell us why it is disgusting and insulting. If the truth is insulting than be it, but if I'm saying something which is not true, or orchestrating something like the pretext of Iraq war than don't hesitate to tell me.

I strongly feel a mod should give you a warning for your feeble efforts in circumventing the rules.

Yes just because you don't agree with my views, I should get a warning. Wow...

Using the words of a criminal, and attempting to coerce men and women to publicly apologize, by playing on a guilt they might carry, for doing their job is, in all honesty, reprehensible.

Words are words, why do you care if it is words of a criminal? You don't believe he was an American soldier who just like any other soldier helped implement an unjustified war?

To those men and women who did serve their country when it was asked of them, you have my support.

What about those men and women who did serve their country other than the US? Do they have your support? Umm like the Jihadists?

I hope I haven't crossed that line either, but I'm struggling to find weaker words.

Don't worry, everyone gets emotional reading something outside there comfort. We all wanna believe that we are perfect, but the reality is more painful than you think.

I will eagerly wait for your response.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
To some ascent i agree with the OP.

Its the American people's responsibility to prevent all this from happening. And the soldiers are among the people too. They to have the responsibility to see truth from a lie. Rather than cheering forth a war based on a lie.

The American people have been ignorant and failed to see the facts of their own governments corporate politics. Which lead to the invasion of Iraq.

Every American to day knows that Iraq was invaded based on a lie. But still they support everything because they are still there.

Yes you All should write a letter to say you have been ignorant. EDIT and that you still are. Because you people and soldiers are still letting this charade go on like its the right thing to do.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Thank you for putting it in perspective, the reason why everyone got emotional is due to the author of the apology.

When I read the apology, I felt at least that part of it, was relevant to the American soldiers who implemented the two wars.

If you gonna act like a robot then don't ask for any sympathy. Soldiers should be treated like robots.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by spy66

Thank you for putting it in perspective, the reason why everyone got emotional is due to the author of the apology.

When I read the apology, I felt at least that part of it, was relevant to the American soldiers who implemented the two wars.

If you gonna act like a robot then don't ask for any sympathy. Soldiers should be treated like robots.

I know. I took some time to read every reply and saw that most people didn't really get the message right. The OP/ You should have explained better why you used the words of a war criminal to state your point.

The war is a criminal act when you know its based on a lie and not the true reason. Because would the people of America have gone to war if they know the true reason?
They had to invade Iraq because they were a threat to Israel along with Iran. Not many people know that this is the real reason for invading Iraq.

It was a good point i think. Even though my first thought was were did those words came from.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I honestly do not believe this. I really don't.

You really think your barrage of questions have anything to do with anything?

You base your posts on an assumption that everyone is responsible for the actions of a few. So how about these questions:

Will you apologize for the fact that I am under-employed in the midst of a recession?
Will you apologize for the fact that people are losing their homes?
Will you apologize for the thousands of people whose lives were snuffed out in the World Trade towers?
Will you apologize for the fact that a friend was killed in a motorcycle wreck a couple weeks ago?

According to your logic, you are just as responsible for these things as anyone. Therefore you should apologize not just for the things mentioned above, but for every wrong that has occurred since your birth. Every murder, every rape, every theft... now tell me, how does it feel to be a murderer, a rapist, and a thief?

For god sakes, because of your actions millions of families were displaced, do they at least deserve an apology?

For your information, I am not now, nor have I been, a soldier in any war, including the one in Iraq.

Did I offend you, you have to tell me why you are offended. I will eagerly wait for your reply.

May the Mods forgive me....

(censored... you're not worth it]

I'm out of here. Enjoy your bigotry and cowardice and hatred.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I kind of equate this "no apology needed" excuse as being in the same league as those ignorant little "tough guys" that drive those big trucks with huge tires and overly-loud pipes. I assume they feel that since they would fail most intellectual challenges they must surround themselves with "toughness" so others won't question their might. Biggest fail though is - they just look like big d-bags in the end.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by TXRabbit]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
war is war, do you think that the masked jackasses that beheaded people on live tv said oh..we are sorry, or did they say we are sorry for dragging your pilot throught the streets and killing him, or how about the ones that they burned and hung from a bridge. How about the ones that blow themselves up and oh what about all the innocent people on the busses or trains or......SHUT THE HELL UP
You need to take your liberal ass and say thank you to all our servicemen and women and then shut the hell up.
If the MEN of WW2 had to put up with your type of thinking...we would be speaking jap,or german......

Freedom has a flavor the Proctected will never know.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Alright, let's put some perspective to what you're requesting and the ex-soldier who's words you're raising up as an example to all.

Let's start off with what you didn't and have yet to share. The apology is a Prepared text of statement read by ex-soldier Steven Dale Green, provided by his attorneys. Which you can read in full here:

Statement of Ex-Soldier Steven Dale Green

The main thing you have to take from this is the fact that it was provided by attorneys. If this was just a soldier doing this because he felt bad, why would he go through an attorney let alone attorneys. So let's find out why he's dealing with attorneys and why what the full apology was for.

A jury in Kentucky sentenced a 24-year-old former soldier to life in prison without parole on Thursday for raping a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and murdering her, her parents and a younger sister in Iraq.

Full Article

So there you have it, that right there should have been presented in the OP but it wasn't, you decided to use an excerpt and not provide any information on the 'apology'. This wasn't done because he felt bad after getting home and on his own accord, this apology was presented this in court. This needs to be made clear.

If you were wanting to create an anti-war thread there's so many more credible ways you could have gone about this. Mean, you could have even gone asked a veteran if they regret anything they did and then cite that out of context and you would get farther than have with this 'apology' angle. This particular ex-soldier was a murderer and rapist and the apology you presented without citation was from an attorney prepared statement.

I'm not saying the war is write, I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm definitely not going to come down on you for your views, but you need a more concrete story and not just post and excerpt un-cited and expect it to fly.

Edited for missed word
[edit on 10/4/2009 by Atekiel]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey oozy, it's a funny thing about apologizing for killing my enemies.

They're dead.

And I'm just too damned sorry to find a medium.

Besides, I didn't take the time to get their names.

And I sure as hell didn't waste any energy burying them.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

If the MEN of WW2 had to put up with your type of thinking...we would be speaking jap,or german......

Freedom has a flavor the Proctected will never know.

The men and WOMEN of WW2 were fighting the Nazis who invaded neighbouring countries.
The Japanese had a better military than I thought if it could take over the whole USA.

Lets think back; Iraq invaded Iran and the USA joins in, attacks Iran and shoots down a civilian airliner. Years later Iraq uses USA chemical weapons against the Kurds.

But western countries invading Iraq has made me less protected.
Previously the only terrorist attacks in the UK were from the IRA, who were funded a lot by Americans.
Since the USA has poked it's nose so much into middle eastern affairs I now have less freedoms.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What a bunch of garbage!!

Absolute utter bull sheet!!!

You are a piece of work!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atekiel

A jury in Kentucky sentenced a 24-year-old former soldier to life in prison without parole on Thursday for raping a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and murdering her, her parents and a younger sister in Iraq.

Full Article

So there you have it, that right there should have been presented in the OP but it wasn't, you decided to use an excerpt and not provide any information on the 'apology'. This wasn't done because he felt bad after getting home and on his own accord, this apology was presented this in court. This needs to be made clear.

No it didn't, read the apology letter again, the thread is based on the apology letter written by an ex-soldier. Being a rapest and murderer doesn't mean he wasen't an American soldier.

If you were wanting to create an anti-war thread there's so many more credible ways you could have gone about this.

Does this really sound like anti-war to you ? If you read the whole thread you would have noticed my reference to the unjustified war in Iraq. An unjustified war which the soldiers implemented and in direct results millions of lives were ruined. Now keep that in mind for a sic so it kicks in.

Mean, you could have even gone asked a veteran if they regret anything they did and then cite that out of context and you would get farther than have with this 'apology' angle. This particular ex-soldier was a murderer and rapist and the apology you presented without citation was from an attorney prepared statement.

Once this thread is not anti-war. It is a sensitive issue in America and needs to be addressed. Americans need to toughen up, they act tough, but they can't even handle a discussion board, it just goes to show.

The apology letter wasen't taken out of context, you have to prove that. What did I say which made the apology letter out of context?

I'm not saying the war is write, I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm definitely not going to come down on you for your views, but you need a more concrete story and not just post and excerpt un-cited and expect it to fly.

Edited for missed word

Umm you seem to think I'm one of the attention seekers
if you read my threads you will realize otherwise. I could easily orchestrate a thread everyone here in ATS loves, that way I could get more attention, but checkout my threads, it is nothing like that.

My intentions are to create productive discussions, and if you believe this is not, explain.

I will explain to you my side:
This thread is productive because it pushes the idea that soldiers are not robots. They had the choice prior to the Iraq invasion. They implemented an unjustified war in Iraq and in direct consequence thousands of lives ruined. You don't have to be a genius to know an apology is required. But because Americans believes Soldiers are saints it won't happen, that is why this thread is here. To change some believes and open some lives.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by oozyism

I honestly do not believe this. I really don't.

You don't well let's see why.

You really think your barrage of questions have anything to do with anything?

Yes it does.

You base your posts on an assumption that everyone is responsible for the actions of a few. So how about these questions:

Everyone? No this thread is not about everyone, it is about the soldiers who implemented an unjustified war.

Will you apologize for the fact that I am under-employed in the midst of a recession?

Will you apologize for the fact that people are losing their homes?

Will you apologize for the thousands of people whose lives were snuffed out in the World Trade towers?

Will you apologize for the fact that a friend was killed in a motorcycle wreck a couple weeks ago?

..FAIL.. Don't just ask questions, explain how I'm responsible, I explained how the soldiers are responsible.

According to your logic, you are just as responsible for these things as anyone. Therefore you should apologize not just for the things mentioned above, but for every wrong that has occurred since your birth. Every murder, every rape, every theft... now tell me, how does it feel to be a murderer, a rapist, and a thief?

..FAIL.. I explained how the soldiers are responsible you still haven't explained how I'm responsible for any of those things. Please clarify.

For your information, I am not now, nor have I been, a soldier in any war, including the one in Iraq.

If you are not a soldier than this has nothing to do with you, this thread is in regards to the soldiers who helped implement the unjustified war in Iraq.

Did I offend you, you have to tell me why you are offended. I will eagerly wait for your reply.

May the Mods forgive me....

(censored... you're not worth it]

I'm out of here. Enjoy your bigotry and cowardice and hatred.

TheRedneck

I know you can't explain why you are offended, because you are brainwashed. Any reasonable person would be able to explain why s/he is offended. Give it a try.. If you fail than at least you will know that you are brainwashed, the first step of recovery.

Good luck

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You can't blame a soldier for a war. It's not the soldiers choice whether or not to go to war. It's governments choice. Good brave soldiers just follow orders. I am not saying all soldiers are innocent, stuff happens in war that isn't pretty. But for the most part soldiers are doing a job that they were ordered to do.

I believe your blame for the war is misguided. The people (if anyone) that should apologize for the war is the government not the soldiers thrown in to fight it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Since the OP is a Propagandist and purposefully neglected to give you this in context or tell you what it is about, I'll post this to help others.

The facts of the case.

A former Ft. Campbell, Ky., soldier was sentenced today by U.S. District Judge Thomas B. Russell to life in prison after being convicted on May 7, 2009, of charges arising out of the rape of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the murder of the girl and her family, Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Criminal Division and Acting U.S. Attorney Candace G. Hill of the Western District of Kentucky announced today.

As is the case with all soldiers who commit crimes he was prosecuted and sentenced to life in prison. The apology was for his crimes and not for performing his duties.

Since I consider taking things out of context in this way the same as a lie because it is a lie, the OP is lying and using this as a propaganda tool. Everyone here should be deeply offended.

Edited to shorten and simply make the point this is a propaganda thread posted by a dishonest person.

[edit on 10/4/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by oozyism

You can't blame a soldier for a war. It's not the soldiers choice whether or not to go to war. It's governments choice. Good brave soldiers just follow orders. I am not saying all soldiers are innocent, stuff happens in war that isn't pretty. But for the most part soldiers are doing a job that they were ordered to do.

I believe your blame for the war is misguided. The people (if anyone) that should apologize for the war is the government not the soldiers thrown in to fight it.

Do you believe the soldiers are robots? That is the whole point of this thread. If they are regarded as robot with no way of thinking for themselves then shouldn't they be treated like robots?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Grow up, let me make it easy for your brainwashed brain to handle so it doesn't short circuit:

The apology was for his crimes and not for performing his duties.

What if his duty is to perform a crime. That is the whole point. Soldier are humans, they can think, they have that ability.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

More propaganda?

Even though you chose to place the quote without context or a link, I took the time to find the facts.

You purposely took that completely out of context. The same thing a crooked politician would do. No way for you to change that now. You should not have tried to pull the wool over peoples eyes. This is not Romper Room.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by oozyism

More propaganda?

Even though you chose to place the quote without context or a link, I took the time to find the facts.

You purposely took that completely out of context. The same thing a crooked politician would do. No way for you to change that now. You should not have tried to pull the wool over peoples eyes. This is not Romper Room.

LOL the facts were there, you just didn't look

Once again the thread is about American soldiers and this dude is an American soldier, I like his apology letter, it is so touching.

It shows that soldiers can be humans if they try.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join