It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution: The greatest conspiracy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
I don't know what you base your conclusion on but it's wrong all the same, "like it or not".

You don't know what I base my conclusion on?

I thought I posted a few videos that explains it?

Are you having technical trouble?

Read my signature friend.

The moral decline is self evident.

Evolution has caused the ruin of mankind's self esteem by leading people to believe they are not a product of divine creation and therefor have no divine purpose.

That causes the moral restraints to wither away.

I don't know why you cannot accept that Welfard.

Perhaps God has sent you a strong delusion to blind you from the truth.

I hope for your spiritual awakening, and that it happens soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I do believe it matters -

If a person chooses to not believe in God, then one would assume that person would also choose to not believe in any of God's moral laws for mankind.

i.e. stealing, homosexuality, adultery, theft, lying, etc.

i.e.e. do whatcha wanna do with no real consequences for your actions.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

The moral decline is self evident.

Actually, it isn't.
(seems my technical trouble is over).

Evolution has caused the ruin of mankind's self esteem by leading people to believe they are not a product of divine creation and therefor have no divine purpose.

That causes the moral restraints to wither away

Have you ever been to Norway, Finland, Switzerland, etc.? Atheistic countries that simultaneously happen to be the most progressive with some of the highest HDIs out there.

Healthy, happy, well paid people who also experience low crime.

I don't know why you cannot accept that Welfard.

Because the evidence suggests the opposite. So clearly you're not basing your conclusion on the evidence.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

If a person chooses to not believe in God, then one would assume that person would also choose to not believe in any of God's moral laws for mankind.

And yet people who reject the bible and it's teachings are more often the moral people.

And are you seriously telling me that homosexuality is wrong?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's my experience that most people that choose to follow the theory of evolution are only following it to use as an excuse to debunk God.

Mankind is notorious for scheming to escape accountability - he wants what he wants when he wants it and how he wants it, and all with no consequences for his actions.

It's a moral cop out, actually.

People do have that 'strong delusion' that if they can convince themselves that there is no God, then they aren't going to have to be held accountable.

Prove there's a God?

I don't have to - God speaks for Himself, daily - and atheists/evolutionists are going to have more than their share of proof very soon. God has been more than patient with mankind thus far - had I been Him, I would have pressure cooked this entire planet 10 years ago.

The increase in earthquakes? The increase in floods,
tsunamis, hurricanes, etc?
God is giving the non believers allllllllll sorts of signs, and even TELLS us what He's going to bring to the earth if mankind continues on this sinful path - but the question is, will we heed His warning or continue to scoff.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I know without a doubt homosexuality is a sin in God's eyes, yes.

And yes, it's mentioned, not the name but the act, in the Bible, in
several places - and yes, even in the New Testament.

Trust me, I've heard all the same tired overused "defenses" on the homosexuality subject.

It's as wrong as heterosexuals having straight people's sex. lol

Society, again "mankind", has convinced themselves that gay people are wrong for having sex but they, being straight, aren't.

Wrong - according to the Bible all premarital sex is wrong. Period.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It's my experience that most people that choose to follow the theory of evolution are only following it to use as an excuse to debunk God.

People who accept the theory are secular and most of the people who accept the theory are christian.

Mankind is notorious for scheming to escape accountability - he wants what he wants when he wants it and how he wants it, and all with no consequences for his actions.

Most of the time turning to religion to justify their actions.

People do have that 'strong delusion' that if they can convince themselves that there is no God, then they aren't going to have to be held accountable.

Not that that has anything to do with the theory of evolution. And besides, everyone (even the religious) is accountable to oneself. Only psychopaths and people who've lost their humanity are not accountable.

The increase in earthquakes? The increase in floods,
tsunamis, hurricanes, etc?

What would lead you to that conclusion? Natural disasters are pretty steady, not to mention the fact these kinds of things happen over geological time periods. You're taking a fairly small sample size. Sure more people are dying but that's because there are more people. Human population has doubled over the last 50 years after all.

I know without a doubt homosexuality is a sin in God's eyes, yes.

And yes, it's mentioned, not the name but the act, in the Bible, in
several places - and yes, even in the New Testament.

Trust me, I've heard all the same tired overused "defenses" on the homosexuality subject.

It's as wrong as heterosexuals having straight people's sex. lol

Society, again "mankind", has convinced themselves that gay people are wrong for having sex but they, being straight, aren't.

Wrong - according to the Bible all premarital sex is wrong. Period.

You're talking to a happy bisexual guy, so I'm afraid your message of bronzeage bigotry is falling on deaf ears. Being an ex-christian who also used to believe that homosexuality was a sin, I've drawn my conclusions on the matter, and I don't base them on books written a thousand years ago, but in the numbers and science.

So it would be more productive to go back to a discussion of evolution.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

You might find this video interesting, it touches on the subject that evolution is a scam. Its long and detailed, but interesting.

A playlist:

www.youtube.com...

If that doesn't work, on youtube "OLD WORLD SECRETS THE OMEGA PROJECT CODES"

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Just saying........

i.e. you "are" living a lie, my friend - no matter how you try to justify it or spin it, any sex out of wedlock is a sin in God's eyes.

I didn't say it - He did.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Just saying........

Well fair enough, you're allowed your say. I agree people are deluded but not ones who draw their conclusions from the stats and science - matters of certainty and not faith.

i.e. you "are" living a lie, my friend - no matter how you try to justify it or spin it, any sex out of wedlock is a sin in God's eyes.

I didn't say it - He did.

No, a book said it. One book of many that claim to be authoritative of god. All of them are written by human authors. Show me a book actually written by god, himself, otherwise it's dishonest to credit god with the bible based on conjecture and faith.

- Happy Atheist bi guy.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So be it - it's not my salvation that's on the line - it's yours.

If you want to trade your eternal life in Heaven for a few years of
male on male sex on earth - be sure you are aware of the consequences.

Just how long IS eternity?

Answer

[edit on 4-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So be it - it's not my salvation that's on the line - it's yours.

If you want to trade your eternal life in Heaven for a few years of
male on male sex on earth - be sure you are aware of the consequences.

(Dealing with safe sex) Good health for one! - sex is a workout. Not that I'd ever exclude the ladies. And don't forget that it's man on man love as well. You can't ignore the heart.

Apart from that, I have no idea what the ethereal consequences are. God's never showed up to tell me and I can't find any messages from him anywhere. There are an over abundance that claim to be God but they're all written by men, so I can't have certainty over the matter.

Shame. Ohwell.

Just how long IS eternity?

Just how empty is oblivion? And what's more, what if it's a different god? With a whole other arbitrary set of requirements to get into whatever other version of heaven? Where to start with it all?

- Welfard

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
While not personal, as in me to you, I guess this will be "personal"......but *you* are the epitome of the moral
decline of this world.

Mankind trying to justify *his* adultery/homosexuality by claiming there's "love" involved.

Or that "Well, who's sure if the Bible is even accurate" or "written by God".

As I said previously, make sure you are fully aware of the consequences of your mentality and choices.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

While not personal, as in me to you, I guess this will be "personal"......but *you* are the epitome of the moral
decline of this world.

I thought that with slavery being beaten out gradually, racial and sexual equality, freedoms and liberty, etc. that the world wasn't declining. If you're an American, maybe you'll see it that way but it's pretty presumptuous to think that we're all morally declining.

Mankind trying to justify *his* adultery/homosexuality by claiming there's "love" involved.

You think it's impossible?

Or that "Well, who's sure if the Bible is even accurate" or "written by God".

But no one can be. Doubt here is reasonable. Faith regardless is for chumps.

As I said previously, make sure you are fully aware of the consequences of your mentality and choices.

I know what they are here, but I have no way of knowing after death. I don't even have assurance that I'll still be around after death.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
satan is the reason - he is being allowed, by God, to sway as many people as he can away from God - to make them believe lies as truth.

He knows he has until Jesus returns - then he is condemned to hell. So yep, he is working overtime to take as many souls as he can to hell with him.

Why would God allow this?

If you were God would you want sin in Heaven?

God doesn't want it in Heaven either.

So He has given satan free reign on this earth - which
basically helps God out by weeding out the evil i.e. the
tares from the wheat.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

This is the kinds of things that really anger me. now I know i said i was done with the evolution debate, but this statement right here really needs to be addressed.

I do not believe in the existence of any deity. Yet I am not "immoral." I do not kill, steal, rape, commit adultery, arson, etc. I do lie, for every single person lies, but i have not lied to the extent of destroying someone's life. I am not homosexual, although I fail to see why people who are born with a certain sexual orientation should be viewed in such a bad light and discriminated against just because a book said so.

Just because there is no god does not mean there is no consequences to one's actions. Commit a crime and you'll regret it because someone will find out eventually and send you to jail. Commit adultery and you'll end your family relationships, etc. there is NO NEED for a deity to exist to have morals.

I do not believe in any deity, yet I have more morals than many of these prejudiced ignorant religious folk who are willing to do all sorts of immoral things and can still get away with it by simply repenting to their god.

I have no problems with religious people, only the religions themselves that apparently brainwash people to believe that if you don't vow down to some deity then you are immoral and a danger to society

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
reply to post by debunky

When you continually deny God the glory for his handiwork, all hell breaks loose.

Hitler and Marx killed millions of people and justified it with their Darwinist beliefs.

Um... no. Hitler justified what he did with his Christian beliefs.

Hence, I believe I am acting in accordance with the wishes of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. --Adolf Hitler

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Says your book. I'm looking for something authoritative. No work written by man's hands will be that because there is no way to know if what's written down is of him or of god. And then there is the problem of denomination.

And I would say to you, why not destroy souls that don't make it into heaven? No one suffers and Satan looses. Your god sounds more evil than Satan sending people to hell like that. Not all people are capable of living up to his requirements, not all people are even able to hear them. And what about their religions? Maybe they are right and it's a whole other set of requirements.

There is no certainty that we need.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That's soil in the video. The Grand Canyon is rock a MILE deep.

Overview of Grand Canyon Geology and Rock Formations

The rocks of the Grand Canyon reveal an ancient geologic history that is rich and complex. All three basic rock types with sedimentary, metamorphic and igneous origins are represented within its walls, terraces, mesas and buttes. A vertical mile of formations underlying its rim have been exposed by the erosional processes creating it, revealing strata and formations....

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

Says your book. I'm looking for something authoritative. No work written by man's hands will be that because there is no way to know if what's written down is of him or of god. And then there is the problem of denomination.

And I would say to you, why not destroy souls that don't make it into heaven? No one suffers and Satan looses. Your god sounds more evil than Satan sending people to hell like that. Not all people are capable of living up to his requirements, not all people are even able to hear them. And what about their religions? Maybe they are right and it's a whole other set of requirements.

There is no certainty that we need.

On the contrary, I think you are looking for a book that says it's ok to do what you want in life.

You won't find that in God's Bible.

All of us are sinners, believers and non believers - no human being is perfect. Jesus was the only perfect man who ever walked the earth, or ever will.

It sounds like you have the idea that you have to be perfect before you can have a r'ship with God. You don't. God accepts you as you are. But you do have to repent for your sins and in repenting, you will need to turn from those sins.

If you can't do that, no one is forcing you to - nor is anyone saying you are a bad person - straight or homosexual. It means you ,like all of us, are a sinner.

You are human, just like me, just like the other 7 billion on this planet.

The thing is, whether you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. If you reject Him, then that is where the condemnation comes in.

I, as a believer, could sit here and sift through the Bible and pull out all sorts of 'arguments' - but being a believer, and a follower of God, I choose not to. B/c as a believer, I take God and His Bible, with faith - just because I don't understand something in no way means that it's wrong. It means my mind can't grasp the knowledge that is placed before me.

"Word twisters" can find millions of "justifications" for their sins or lifestyles. They've been trying to do that for centuries.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join