It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution: The greatest conspiracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by andrewh7

if we were made in his image, and he could do that stuff back then,
just think what we will be able to do when we no longer have to tug around
a carbon-based, temporary, encounter suit!

We were not made in anyone image because we were not made. I don't need lies to not be afraid of death. Sorry.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If evolution were true, there would be no monkeys/apes/gorillas on the planet today. That fact alone should be enough to put an end to the entire "evolution" theory.

As well, Irreducible Complexity speaks volumes, as if the presence of monkeys isn't enough.

Atheists, and other assorted peoples, have latched onto Charles Darwin for a crutch, nothing more - for that's all they have for a defense, however small it may be.

Technology was extremely limited during Darwin's era, circa 1800's - his "theory" was based more on "personal opinion" than anything else.

Furthermore, I personally don't believe that Darwin ever even existed - therefore evolution can't be true.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The existence of evolution doesn't mean there is/isn't a god. Not that "god" necessarily means it is some dude sitting on his white throne in "heaven".

It simply amazes me how view the fact that we are "merely" animals as insulting. We are exactly what we define ourselves to be.

We don't need religion, so many wars has been 'cause of some fictional BS.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

it isn't fear. you decide whether you want to live past the grave. i didn't even mention tbe conditions other than belief that there's an after life and that you have a spirit that can live forever. if you think the grave is all there is, why would you be upset if the universe obeyed your wishes and accomodated you?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

that's natural selection. it doesnt require you or anyone else to make a moral call.
just keep on extrapolating. you'll eventually come to the part where survival of the fittest builds the atom bomb, the neutron bomb and so on.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
If evolution were true, there would be no monkeys/apes/gorillas on the planet today. That fact alone should be enough to put an end to the entire "evolution" theory.

*sigh, same ol same ol*
Then riddle me this: If Orangu Tans exist, how is it possible that gorillas exist too? Humpbacks and blue whales? Crickets and cockroaches?
Common ancestor, some became chimpancees, some became gorillas, others humans, depending on where and how they evolved.

As for humans evolving:
Sorry, we cut ourselfs off of naturals selection a few millenia ago.
Dinofelis: One of the few predators specializing in primates. Extinct, because we found out that hitting it with large sticks makes it less inclined to predate us, and we rather liked that idea.
If a human is crippled we don't sit around it and watch it starve, we build it a wheelchair and develop braille, and train dogs to lead the blind.
There is no disease where we don't try to fight it with anything at our disposal.
So: no. we don't allow nature to select us anymore. Can't say i am sad about that either.

And a new, funny twist: the idea that evolution somehow undermines morals, since morals come from god, and if you reject god you start killing and raping, consecutive or simultaneous, actually contradicts ...

...wait for it...

the bible!
More precicely genesis.

The apple story: The fruit from the tree of knowledge gave adam and eve the ability to distinguish between good and evil. God wasn't pissed of about the whole thing, because he wanted to bake a pie that day, you know?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If a human is crippled we don't sit around it and watch it starve

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue about the theory of evolution.

The fact that you can't even get basic facts right speaks volumes. Get it through your skull primate, humans and chimps have a common ancestor.

The theory of evolution says nothing about who will survive. It's more "what happens, happens" and if two species are geographically isolated, they will probably diverge. The longer the isolation, the greater the divergence.

I still can't believe people don't understand even the basics. It's precisely why we need it taught in schools.

If you can't bother to first understand something, don't bother criticizing it. You only make yourself look like homo ignoramus.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by xelamental]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

it isn't fear. you decide whether you want to live past the grave. i didn't even mention tbe conditions other than belief that there's an after life and that you have a spirit that can live forever. if you think the grave is all there is, why would you be upset if the universe obeyed your wishes and accomodated you?

So basically you have made your own version of "what the end game of the universe is" from where exactly?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

When you continually deny God the glory for his handiwork, all hell breaks loose.

Like it or not friends, if you teach people from the time they are children that they are a product of natural processes, survival of the fittest, mutations leading to speciations, etc. and not the result of divine creation with divine purpose to their lives......you destroy moral restraints and moral purpose.

You can act bewildered when we say evolution impacts morality all you want.....but I only need to watch CNN news for 30 minutes to see the evidence of moral decline.

When people are led to believe they are just another animal species that evolved by random processes.....they act like animals.

Hitler and Marx killed millions of people and justified it with their Darwinist beliefs.

Grab a coffee or get some pop corn and enjoy the show.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

i started with the basic concept of faith or belief and i called the entire idea a theory or hypothetical because it is a personal event, therefore objective and therefore not empirically provable to anyone but yourself. he missed that part cause .....i think he was not happy that i was talking about it. which is okay, i won't talk about it.
i don't HAVE to talk about it anymore, cause i already did. and now that i did, and see his reaction is negative, i can safely move forward with the idea that he's not interested. we can go back to discussing if evolution is true or not.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks for the corrobating evidence undo!
She was kept "alive" for 15 years before she was allowed to die!
If that isn't trying everything possible i don't know what is!

Edit ot add:
Marx killed people?
Karl Marx, or some other marx living down the block?

[edit on 4-10-2009 by debunky]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

If you die having rejected the Son of God,

it is the end of everything for you.

God gives you a choice:

Live for Him, or live for the grave.

The Gift of God is eternal life!

You send yourself to Hell when you reject the Son of God.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
Edit ot add:
Marx killed people?

I put Hitler and Marx together so the context would be clear.
There is no need to get cute with me.
If you watched the video and the others in the series, you would have known the answer to your question.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

that's cause her family fought tooth and nail for her for that many years.
the judge ordered removal of her feeding tube the first time, in an effort to kill her off but she learned how to eat on her own. so the nursing home put the tube back in so they didn't have to feed her.

and we aren't going to debate this topic, i just offered it as proof that when you take the divinity out of life, you lose the reason to sustain it.

i saw a vid of terri responding on command to open her eyes. same thing happened to me. i was in a coma on total life support. docs said i was not gonna make it and that if i did, i'd be at the very least, paralyzed on the left side of my body and vegetative. but my sister talked to me, asked me to open my eyes, and i did. it was enough to convince the doctors and nurses that i was not gone and when i woke up fully i nearly ripped out all my tubes in an effort to get out of bed and clean my house! in fact, i did accidentally unplug my breathing tube. (i had no idea i was in the hospital. all i knew was my sister and her hubby were there, and that my dishes needed to be washed and the floor vacuumed!).

anyway, we did sit around and watch a handicapped person starve to death.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I believe there must have been a creation. If not nothing would have ever existed.

Have you people ever wondered how far it really is from something to nothingness?
Can there be a connection between something and nothingness?

The answer is NO. There is no connection between something and nothingness.
If you dont believe me Tell me what decimal number is connected and closest to zero. I bet you will never find the connection or the number.

Then tell me how is it possible for zero or nothingness to evolve into something without a external source?

Question:

Why can we measure the distance from 0 to 1 but not from 1 to zero?

Why can we measure it one way but not the other way?

The clue is the Observer and where he is observing from.

The Observer is the creator of everything.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Evolution ideology has in fact fanned the flames of racism and moral decline:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by debunky
Edit ot add:
Marx killed people?

I put Hitler and Marx together so the context would be clear.
There is no need to get cute with me.
If you watched the video and the others in the series, you would have known the answer to your question.

... And Hitler put "Gott mit uns" (God with us) on the belt buckles of his soldiers because "We are the natural selectors" would have been too long...

uhuh.
So the apple wasn't about knowing about good and evil after all?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

well he was under the somewhat (not entirely) mistaken idea that god was Odin or one of the other high ranking Norse gods. he was actually on the right track but he decided Odin or whoever, was only a white people god, that white people were the pinnacle of evolution, and because of that, had to prove this was true by survival of the fittest theology gone completely off the deep end.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

If you are implying that Hitler believed in God, I will simply say that there are many God's, and he did not follow the God of the Bible and Christ.

Remember this: Satan knows the Bible backwards , forwards, and inside out. He discredits the Bible and God by getting people to believe false assumptions concerning it. Satan will always spoon feed you a little truth to help plant his lies in people's heads.

No one that believes in the God of Love, mercy, compassion, goodness, kindness, empathy, humility, patience, forgiveness or any of the expressions of divine virtue made manifest in the flesh through the Son of God would EVER consider murder as an option.

Hitler and Marx had many Gods.....so don't even think about comparing their Gods to the God of the Bible.

Evolution = Everyone does right in their own eyes.

The Creator says to follow His Son, and you will do right by Him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join