It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution: The greatest conspiracy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ty John Matrix

I don't get upset at any "Bible Bashers" - they would not be in a Christian/Christianity/Evolution thread if there wasn't an interest.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
The Bible talks about during Jesus' time on earth, how the masses and even some of His own disciples doubted Him - even standing there being witness to His miracles.

Doesn't shock me that in 2009, so many people, of the "masses", are doubting Him as well.

None of us have ever seen Abraham Lincoln in person - but the history books tell us all about him. Would that mean he really didn't exist?

No, but Abraham Lincoln didn't claim to have an invisible sky daddy either.

Many people seem to agree that Jesus was a real person, but that doesn't mean he was who Christians believe he was, the literal son of a mystical sky being who sleeps on clouds where you can't see him..

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Actually, when all is said and done, science actually backs up creation - but I think the atheists/agnostics/others get too lost in chanting the "Darwin" motto to notice.

Evolution's ship has indeed sunk but still you'll hear everyone still singing Darwin's praises.

Only reason being - they know it's the only defense they have. So they cling to it like a homeless peep clings to a four day old newspaper.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Sorry to burst your evolution bubble, but I've never heard any Christian sum God up that way.

He isn't kicking back on a cloud somewhere - that is how *you* choose to perceive Him.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Actually, when all is said and done, science actually backs up creation - but I think the atheists/agnostics/others get too lost in chanting the "Darwin" motto to notice.

Source?

Evolution's ship has indeed sunk but still you'll hear everyone still singing Darwin's praises.

Yeah, that why there are less and less people attending organised religion these days, and atheism and agnostics have become more abundant

Only reason being - they know it's the only defense they have. So they cling to it like a homeless peep clings to a four day old newspaper.

Just like you cling to the bible eh

And by the way, I dont have a problem with your beliefs...if I did I would be starting a thread on it...but unlike some christians I respect alternative views...its part of denying ignorance

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Source?

Yeah, that why there are less and less people attending organised religion these days, and atheism and agnostics have become more abundant

Just like you cling to the bible eh

And by the way, I dont have a problem with your beliefs...if I did I would be starting a thread on it...but unlike some christians I respect alternative views...its part of denying ignorance

Sources would be DNA, archaeology, carbon dating, ...... all of that involves Science - if you need specific sources, use Google.

And you are MOST correct that atheism is increasing - it's predicted in the Bible as the end days get closer. Again, it's satan knowing he only has a short time so he's using whatever tactics he can in order to win souls away from God.

Christian persecution is, as you should be well aware, is increasing as well - and will only get worse from this point on. Again, it's predicted in the Bible. Some believers will be forced to choose between their faith and their lives. Yep, it's going to get that bad in the coming days.

And God has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with "organized religion" or even "religion". All of that is manmade - and yes, it IS corrupt - like most things man gets his hands on.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Where in the bible does it say all these things?

Can you post me quotes for that?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Here are just a few verses re persecution -

Here

Attributes of Satan

Descriptions of the powers, activity and personality of Satan and are scattered throughout the Bible:

He is a created being, a former Archangel, and thus is inferior to God.

He can be only in one place at one time.

He has limits to his knowledge and power.

Satan cannot perform any acts unless God approves (Job1:6 to 2:10).

He is a trickster and an unreliable source of information. John 8:44 speaks of him as a liar, the father of all lies.

He is the ruler of the earth (John 12:31, Ephesians 6:12 and 2 Corinthians 4:4)

He leads a personal army of demons (Matthew 12:24)

He can adopt a spirit form, reside inside a person and influence their thoughts and behavior:

Ephesians 2:2 describes him as a spirit who works within "the children of disobedience."

John 13:2 describes how Satan "put into" Judas Iscariot's mind the decision to betray Jesus.

Acts 5:3 describes how Satan filled Ananias' heart with the decision to lie to the Holy Ghost about the proceeds of a real estate sale

His existence places humans in extreme peril.. 1 Peter 5:8 describes him as a dangerous entity, a roaring lion, who roams all over the earth "seeking whom he may devour."

source

The Bible describes Satan as having a personal army of demons (from "daimon" meaning "intelligent" in Greek) to assist him.

There's wayyyy too many to list but this is a start - the Bible says satan is the author of confusion, as well as a fallen angel/demon.

He can make mankind think that what's evil is good and what's good is evil.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Source

Revelation 12:12-17 speaks of how the devil will make war against Israel, trying to destroy her (Satan knows his time is short, relatively speaking—see Revelation 20:1-3, 10). It also speaks of how God will protect Israel while in the wilderness. This wilderness place where Israel will flee is believed to be a place called Petra. Note Revelation 12:14 where it says that Israel will be protected from the devil for "a time, times, and half a time (a time = 1 year -- 3 1/2 years).

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I did back it up with a quote from Hitler himself. For more fun with the Nazis and Christianity, try this: Nazi Photos

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
These are the more well known of verses re Christian persecution...... I'm trying to find the one that talks about being beheaded.

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
—Matthew 5:10-12
John 15:18-20

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
—John 15:18-20

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Ok thanks at least I know what you are on about know. I do however think those many quotes can be taken ion various contexts

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's in Revelation - figures.......lol

"And I saw thrones, and they that sat on them. And judgment was given to them, and to the souls of the ones having been beheaded because of the witness of Jesus, and because of the Word of God, and who had not worshipped the beast nor its image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand. Revelation 20:4

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I know there has already been serious talk in the last few years re bringing the guillotine back - for the prisons. Reason being, beheading is cleaner than pumping poisons in the body, and after beheading an inmate, their body can then be used for science, transplants, etc.

Ga. I know has already wrote a bill to bring it back ......... scary.

You can read the bill here

And then on top of that, consider the entire increase of muslims in America now - and third world country beheadings against Christians are already taken place on a daily basis - now.

News articles re Christian beheadings can be found by Googling
"Christians beheaded"

[edit on 4-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I watch Israel - that is God's Time Piece. Any country that goes against Israel will lose. Guaranteed. As proven in the past, and as will be proven as the end days continue on.

Israel is God's Chosen Nation/People - that is where Armageddon will take place. Everyone will be attacking Israel and it will appear that they are losing - but they don't.
But the Bible has made clear what nations will suffer should they go up against Israel.

You should read Daniel and Revelation, if nothing else in the Bible - those two books tell, in detail, what's ahead for good old Planet Earth.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Throughout my life, I have learned that the manner in which one describes another person is often times more reflective of the one giving the description. Contrary to what you believe, Evolution is not a "defense" to anything you might think or say. In order for it to be a defense, we would actually have to consider Christianity to be an attack. I don't - at least no more than I consider a child waving spiderman comic to be an attack on my knowledge of genetics.

The fact is that you consider Evolution to be an attack because it calls everything you've been raised to believe into question. Without religion, you feel your life has no meaning or purpose. You are afraid. Atheists are not burdened by that fear. I'm more than happy to explain my point of view but, in all honesty, I consider it laughable that you think citing a book of fairy tales to me would have any effect on my life whatsoever. How would you feel if I asserted some lesson from a Curious George book should have a deep and profound effect on how you view the universe?

Evolution isn't a motto. Evolution, unlike religion, doesn't try to tell people how to live, what's good and bad, or right and wrong. It certainly doesn't promise rewards or punishments for failing to follow that advice. It doesn't control people with fear and hatred.

Evolution is simply a word to describe a scientific process that has been going on since the beginning of life. People who recognize it don't demand blind faith in anything or anyone. Darwin was an ordinary man that gave it a name. We don't need faith because evolution is observable, not just through the fossil record, but in real-time by doctors studying diseases all over the world.

Scientists, unlike yourself, are not afraid to ask questions because the primary goal behind the scientific method is to try to disprove a theory. If you consider yourself a scientist, go to your family physician or any doctor for that matter and ask them why you need to continue taking antibiotics even after you start feeling better. He or she will tell you that when a sick person takes antibiotics, the drugs begin to kill off the bacteria. But if treatment stops prematurely, it leaves some microbes alive -- the ones with mutations that make them resistant to the drugs. As these survivors multiply, they pass along their protective mutations to all their descendants. In this way, the bacteria evolves into a new drug-resistant strain.

I don't need to have "faith" in evolution without evidence because modern medicine understands it and everyone who has ever called evolution a lie has most certainly used antibiotics at some point in their life. I have little respect for hypocrites and I certainly don't take advice from them. I will say that I have a strong dislike for ignorance, especially those who nurture ignorance in their own children. Scientists don't "persecute" anyone but when you attempt to spread lies we will always respond in kind. You have severely misjudged our motives but please do not underestimate our resolve.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

that is where Armageddon will take place.

Armageddon isn't an event. It's a place. It's translation corruption of Megiddo, a valley.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

You are right - it is a place - I tend to sum it up by calling the end days "Armageddon".

My bad.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

lol ok, andrew, ok

This line does not make this any less of a one liner.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

And I'll ask questions all day long related to science - I happen to like science - some parts anyhow.

But I still stand firm that mankind did not evolve from anything but Adam and Eve.

If evolution were true, we would have half cooked animals, and humans, all over the planet. We don't.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join