It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution: The greatest conspiracy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

I'm not the OP of this thread.

And you are correct, I know very little about evolution.

That is by choice.

Ah, my apologies.

If you choose not to learn about evolution, yet comment on why its is incorrect...then isnt that ignorant?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup

Um... no. Hitler justified what he did with his Christian beliefs.

Hence, I believe I am acting in accordance with the wishes of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. --Adolf Hitler

How is that a Christian belief?

Here is what Hitler believed:
answers.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

I'm not the OP of this thread.

And you are correct, I know very little about evolution.

That is by choice.

Ah, my apologies.

If you choose not to learn about evolution, yet comment on why its is incorrect...then isnt that ignorant?

It is ignorant, yes.

I'm ignorant on a million other things as well.

Physics, biology, engineering, etc.

I toss evolution right in there with them.

link   

I know without a doubt homosexuality is a sin in God's eyes, yes.

And yes, it's mentioned, not the name but the act, in the Bible, in
several places - and yes, even in the New Testament.

Trust me, I've heard all the same tired overused "defenses" on the homosexuality subject.

It's as wrong as heterosexuals having straight people's sex. lol

Society, again "mankind", has convinced themselves that gay people are wrong for having sex but they, being straight, aren't.

Wrong - according to the Bible all premarital sex is wrong. Period.

Just out of interest what century are you from?

Just out of interest what century are you from?

If you'd been born in Afghanistan, do you think you would still believe in Jesus or Allah?
if you'd have been born pre christianity would you have believed in Zeus or Thor?

link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Cosmology, astronomy, chemistry, physics, mathematics, etc. are not "of" this world, they are of the universe. They are the universe and where gods signature must still lie.

Gravity, heliocentricism, round earth, "planets are planets" are all ideas that contradict the bible, yet none of them can be said to be "of" the world or can be due to satan's corruption. All these ideas were fought at first but when they were seen as unalienable, interpretation of the bible changed to allow for reality.

And it's happening again now and has been happening for 150 years with Darwin's legacy.

Who would have thought that a book written by men, and only men, in the bronzeage would be wrong about reality.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It is ignorant, yes.

Ok, so you agree that you are ignorant...despite the ATS motto of "deny ignorance"

So why do you comment/or opinionate on something that you know absolutely nothing about?

[edit on 4/10/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
All theories remain theories, until evidence comes along that disproves them... with the exception of macro/darwinian evolution. How can you falsify the theory that now says: either evolution happened slowly over millions of years, or it happened quickly. Keep in mind the latter (puntuated equillibrium) was developed because there is no evidence for the 1st... Seriously? 2009, and no one is calling BS? You are ignoring your common sense, to side with a man who had no formal scientific instruction? In fact he wanted to be what many of you cringe at the thought of, A PASTOR!

It's a big shell game. The paleotologists says the biologist has the evidence for evolution, the biologist says the botanist has the evidence, the botanist claims the geologist has the answers, and so on. There is and will never be any proof that all creatures are descended from a common ancestor, that came from water on rocks. Quit providing proof of micro-evolution, which was already accepted prior to Darwin, by Edward Blythe. Irony: This site is supposed to be for out of the box thinkers that don't swallow everthing that is forced down our throats, and the biggest sham of our age skates by w/o opposition from many on here?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It is ignorant, yes.

This is one of the most saddening outlooks on life that I have ever seen. You refuse to enrich your mind with the wonders of the universe and then completely reject then simply because some of it disagrees with your dogma. I don't even know how to respond to this. Good luck with life.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DisappearCompletely

Good luck with life.

If you can call it that.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

lol what century am I from? That's a silly question.

I would still believe in God, and Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

It is ignorant, yes.

This is one of the most saddening outlooks on life that I have ever seen. You refuse to enrich your mind with the wonders of the universe and then completely reject then simply because some of it disagrees with your dogma. I don't even know how to respond to this. Good luck with life.

Life for me isn't "dogma" - it's a great life !

and thank you for the
well wishes.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It is ignorant, yes.

Ok, so you agree that you are ignorant...despite the ATS motto of "deny ignorance"

So why do you comment/or opinionate on something that you know absolutely nothing about?

[edit on 4/10/2009 by OzWeatherman]

More than likely...... it's because I pay my internet service
and am allowed to post on any thread?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Then why post here?

Why not go post on some christian fundamentalist website so you can share you ignorance and close mindness with other similar fundamentalist ignorant close minded individuals?

I dont think anyone would miss you here

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

I've been saying BS to evolution for a long time.

Read my profile page and click the links people. I linked to a lot of good research materials and articles to help you expose the lies.

The Creationist interpretation of all the evidences just makes good sense.

Mathematics is the purest form of science and mathematicians have proven the odds gainst evolution are way beyong our ability to comprehend.

Random mutations do not result in new species.
The evidence is in.
Evolution is doomed.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I think the world would be a lot better place if we all just said "we don't really know, lets all try and figure this out together as objectively as possible".

To a degree, I agree.

We know as much as the Bible tells us - it's kind of like a
movie trailer - we won't know the entire storyline until we
are actually seeing it in person.

That is not objectively.

I don't believe the bible to be true. Sorry.

I'm not got rule it out but I wouldn't say it's one of the frontrunner for me anyway.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by kleverone]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Then why post here?

Why not go post on some christian fundamentalist website so you can share you ignorance and close mindness with other similar fundamentalist ignorant close minded individuals?

I dont think anyone would miss you here

Why don't you back off and leave him alone?

The topic is about the conspiracy of evolution..... Evolution is a religion that is anti-creator, anti-creationist....and it's no surprise that many of it's proponents are anti-Christian and atheists.

If you don't like hearing about the Christian God, then why don't you leave and start your own God hating Christian bashing thread?

Scholar? You?

The self arrogating belittlement of others isn't very scholarly now is it?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

The topic is about the conspiracy of evolution..... Evolution is a religion that is anti-creator, anti-creationist....and it's no surprise that many of it's proponents are anti-Christian and atheists.

No it's not you deaf fool. Most people who believe in evolution also believe in a god. The only thing that evolution is anti is genesis and hell, ALL of geology is anti-genesis. Cosmology too.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sisgood

You posted this EXACT text, word for word, in the thread Oldest "Human" Skeleton Found--Disproves "Missing Link" and received a detailed answer for every assertion made by the author of the book.

Are you honestly looking for answers, or just using stealth advertising to publicize the book?

This kind of crap is getting WAY out of hand.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

well after looking for it again, i think i found the right area, the pages seem familar but i wasn't able to find the exact spot. may have just skimmed over it or it was linked from one of the pages i have yet to research.

but here's something that approximates the idea by referencing certain types of pottery should only be found in a certain age strata. therefore, it is a reliable marker for chronology references. since the section in question is regards learning what is and isn't contamination and how to pretreat it, and the quote suggests the reliablity of a date can be assessed by simply assuming the age of the strata it is "reliably" found in.......well you get the rest of the picture. see quote and link below

Similarly, the date may be assessed using reliable cultural and stratigraphic markers as chronological reference points. For example, in Mycenean, Minoan and Cycladic archaeology, reliable chronological markers exist in the form of pottery, which varies both stylistically and temporally through the bronze age, providing a useful reference.

tiny.cc...

i'll keep looking

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Why don't you back off and leave him alone?

Actually, evolution is a science not a religion....and many evolutionists are in fact christian as well. I believe its called intelligent design. Just like you, I have the right to defend something I believe in, however unlike you fundamentalists I try to get both sides, even if when they are not my beliefs

If you don't like hearing about the Christian God, then why don't you leave and start your own God hating Christian bashing thread?

Well if I seriously hated god and religion I might have just done that. Unlike you, I have no problem with what people believe in....I just question people that abuse evolution when they no nothing about it. By the way a number of my friends here at ATS are devout christians

Scholar? You?

I got the scholar status for research on a topic, you should try it sometime

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join