It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution: The greatest conspiracy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

I, as a believer, could sit here and sift through the Bible and pull out all sorts of 'arguments' - but being a believer, and a follower of God, I choose not to. B/c as a believer, I take God and His Bible, with faith - just because I don't understand something in no way means that it's wrong. It means my mind can't grasp the knowledge that is placed before me.

And therein lies the problem. You take it on faith that your book is correct, and all the other people with holy books take it on faith that thier books are correct.

Surely you see this problem. Faith is no marker of accuracy. I won't take a book written by man and pretend it's god's words just because of faith. And I won't *justify* my bigoted beliefs that I get from that book with faith.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by newworld

I disagree - I was a lesbian for most of my 47 years - but also a devout believer in God. I kept telling people that I was a 'lesbian with morals". I finally realized just how crazy sounding that one was.

A homosexual, including my previous lifestyle, is going directly against God's moral definition of what's right and wrong, and what is considered "sin".

i.e. I finally realized that I couldn't straddle both sides of the fence - I had to either be for God - or against Him. I chose "for".

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

You have to understand though that it's been mankind that has created all of the "other" "bibles" out there - as well as the numerous different religions in the world.

God had nothing to do with all of these so called "religions" in the world today. The credit/blame for that one sits squarely on mankind's shoulders.
Mankind came along and decided, like millions of people in the world today, that they just aren't happy with God and all of His laws soooooooo they just created themselves a new "religion" - and wrote themselves a nifty lit'l new "bible" - one that would not condemn them for doing what made them feel good.

God is God - there is no "religion" to God. He is the Creator and the Lord of us, and the universe and whatever else is beyond.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I take all of the hundreds of known prophecies that have thus far been fulfilled, as well as my own personal life, and faith - for any proof that I need.

But if I didn't have the prophecies, nor my own testimony, I would still take God on faith as that is what the Bible tells us to do.

And yes, I lay my very life on the Bible - regardless if *I* can prove it to anyone else or not.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You have to understand though that it's been mankind that has created all of the "other" "bibles" out there - as well as the numerous different religions in the world.

And you have to understand that mankind wrote the bible. There is no escaping that fact. Your opinions cannot be said to be any more correct than any other religious person's because you all rely on faith and faith alone.

And despite that, you're expecting me to take your word for it, when you yourself have the word of men who wrote the bible. If god exists, he gave me a mind to reason with and I won't just surrender that mind to your book based on your or anyone else's faith.

Give me a little credit for god sakes.

But if I didn't have the prophecies, nor my own testimony, I would still take God on faith as that is what the Bible tells us to do.

Yes! The Bible tells you to, and because you have only faith, it's not God telling you to take it on faith, it's just the bible saying that!

It's a faith-feedback-loop. Surely you aren't so braindead as to not recognise that. Surely you have a mind of your own in there somewhere.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yeah, god is such a nice guy. I mean he gives us free will, but that free will only gives us the choice to accept his will or be damned to hell for eternity -- my, my, what a polite and loving god. I mean it's not like fear is used at all to sway people's beliefs into dogma, a loving god would never do that. And Christianity is the only one true religion, even though there are far older and more sophisticated dogmas and philosophies. And christianity has never borrowed, or stolen from other religions, because it's the only one true religion. All those other religions that predate it by hundreds and thousands of years were just being silly.

All the evidence around the world (some posted in this thread) is all fake. I mean what kind of silly person would accept fossils and dna evidence as proof that we and millions of other species evolved? Complete nonsense; it was all put there by satan to test our faith.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Sure "man" wrote the Bible - and what they wrote was inspired by God.

I wish I had a nickle for every time I've heard that one though - "Well, God Himself didn't write the Bible" - I guess b/c He didn't take a pen and paper and physically write it, then it doesn't count?

Let me say this though - I don't know you, or any other non believer that comments on this thread. So if all of you reject Jesus, that is entirely up to you. I don't mean this to sound crass but it's not going to affect me one way or the other, per say.

But I am scared for any person that chooses to reject Him though - the Bible writes of Noah's days, and Sodom and Gomorrah's days - and the wrath they suffered due to their sins and refusing to repent.

And Daniel, and Revelation, tells us, in great detail, what His wrath will consists of in our very near future.

So all I can do is pray that all of you will choose to accept Him.

As a human, I'm limited - I can only pray to God and let Him handle things.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup

Um... no. Hitler justified what he did with his Christian beliefs.

He did not. I already addressed this.

But tell me....what teaching of Christ in the NT can you find that supports your statement...and what words of Hitler support your statement?

If you are going to make bold statements, be prepared to back them up with some sources and research like I did.

Watch the videos I posted.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

Yeah, god is such a nice guy. I mean he gives us free will, but that free will only gives us the choice to accept his will or be damned to hell for eternity -- my, my, what a polite and loving god. I mean it's not like fear is used at all to sway people's beliefs into dogma, a loving god would never do that. And Christianity is the only one true religion, even though there are far older and more sophisticated dogmas and philosophies. And christianity has never borrowed, or stolen from other religions, because it's the only one true religion. All those other religions that predate it by hundreds and thousands of years were just being silly.

All the evidence around the world (some posted in this thread) is all fake. I mean what kind of silly person would accept fossils and dna evidence as proof that we and millions of other species evolved? Complete nonsense; it was all put there by satan to test our faith.

Make sure you are ok living with that mentality, and dying with it - that's all I can say.

Our time here on this planet is so tiny compared to eternity - that is what got my attention from how I was living previously. I thought "Is what I'm doing worth losing my eternal salvation over?"

And I had to honestly answer, no.

God is very loving and just - but He isn't going to be mocked, nor rejected - and then welcome anyone with open arms. He loves all of His children but like satan proved, there will be those that just don't want to follow the rules. That is the nature of man.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You have no proof of that, only the word of the human authors. ALL holy books are said to be inspired by god. EVERY last one of them. And all of them demand faith.

You give me no reason to believe your book over any other.

But I am scared for any person that chooses to reject Him though - the Bible writes of Noah's days, and Sodom and Gomorrah's days - and the wrath they suffered due to their sins and refusing to repent.

You need to read about the Epic of Gilgamesh. 6000 thousand years ago, people were telling a similar story with different names and many gods. That story was plagiarised many times, until you got your version.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Originally posted by Lookingup

Um... no. Hitler justified what he did with his Christian beliefs.

He did not. I already addressed this.

But tell me....what teaching of Christ in the NT can you find that supports your statement...and what words of Hitler support your statement?

If you are going to make bold statements, be prepared to back them up with some sources and research like I did.

Watch the videos I posted.

Need I point out that Barry Soetero also claimed to be a Christian yet demanded that a college cover up the Cross before he would speak.

Just because a person "claims" to be a Christian does not make them a Christian - no more than sitting in a garage all day will make you a car.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
The Bible, however, can be proven by hundreds of prophecies that have already been fulfilled, and hundreds that will be fulfilled.

Perhaps the reason behind this is because it keeps being re written over and over to fit in with new age christian idealisms and fundamentals.

Really, try not hiding behind your faith for once and try taking a neutral perspective, you're supposed to be denying ignorance not promoting it

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

You have no proof of that, only the word of the human authors. ALL holy books are said to be inspired by god. EVERY last one of them. And all of them demand faith.

You give me no reason to believe your book over any other.

You need to read about the Epic of Gilgamesh. 6000 thousand years ago, people were telling a similar story with different names and many gods. That story was plagiarised many times, until you got your version.

6 billion years ago, God created Earth. So I would suggest that His laws, books, rules, etc., would trump anything written in the last six thousand years.

And contrary to your saying I'm not giving you a reason to believe in God, or the Bible - understand that it's not my responsibility to.

Your salvation rests solely on your shoulders - not mine.

It's up to you what you ultimately choose.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

The Bible, however, can be proven by hundreds of prophecies that have already been fulfilled, and hundreds that will be fulfilled.

Perhaps the reason behind this is because it keeps being re written over and over to fit in with new age christian idealisms and fundamentals.

Really, try not hiding behind your faith for once and try taking a neutral perspective, you're supposed to be denying ignorance not promoting it

The "new age' is just another tool from satan.

Oprah is helping the 'new agers' right on into hell - whether she realizes it or not.

There is only one way to Heaven and that is by way of Jesus Christ. No matter how many "new" books are written.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

6 billion years ago, God created Earth. So I would suggest that His laws, books, rules, etc., would trump anything written in the last six thousand years.

If indeed, god does exist and he created, then he did the creation 13.7 billion years ago and we arose from his creation. Studying the universe and the natural laws is therefore studying his creation.

Part of that study is evolution and history. Both contradict the bible.
You have creation on one hand and a book written by men on the other.
One demands awe and understanding, the other demands faith and blind belief.
One inspires technology, the other brings about dark ages.

I do not take things on faith.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

There is only one way to Heaven and that is by way of Jesus Christ. No matter how many "new" books are written.

Well seeing as I do not believe in heaven...then I dont have to follow your ways.

Why even start a thread on evolution? You clearly know nothing about it. You cant simply back up your argument by posting statements like the one I just quoted. I respect your faith but really if you want to achieve something here, try debunking the science behind evolution properly, ie use science against science...not religion against science

Good threads do this

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Guess what though - just about everything "of" this world contradicts the Bible.

You remember those old cartoons where the cartoon character had an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other - both trying to direct him on what to do?

That is the same as we humans are today - there is a spiritual battle going on for our souls. God vs satan.

And make no mistake, satan is a very clever angel. He can, as the Bible says, appear as an angel of light.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Well seeing as I do not believe in heaven...then I dont have to follow your ways.

Why even start a thread on evolution? You clearly know nothing about it. You cant simply back up your argument by posting statements like the one I just quoted. I respect your faith but really if you want to achieve something here, try debunking the science behind evolution properly, ie use science against science...not religion against science

Good threads do this

I'm not the OP of this thread.

And you are correct, I know very little about evolution.

That is by choice.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Actually the one you are responding to didn't start the thread. the thread was started by someone who was curious in evolution and wanted to see if there were holes in the theory.
but the thread has gone greatly off-topic.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Good threads do this

AND it isn't "my" ways - it's God's.

You can follow who/what you choose -

I think next time it rains, I'm going to go
barreling outside, denouncing 'rain'... and see
if I get wet or not.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join