It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Flashes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the board in which to post this thread. It may belong in paranormal, but I guess we'll see.

Anyway, on three occasions I have awaken in the middle of the night, only to see a white flash move across the ceiling. It sorta looked like some one had taken a lamp and shone it in a sweeping motion across the ceiling of the room. Now, before anyone asks I'll answer some of the questions that went through my mind.

Was it a car headlight? This may have been possible in one instance, but in the others no. The first time it happened I was living on the sixth floor of a building (no not a helicopter or airplane either), another time was on the 3rd floor of a hotel, and the most recent in my new ground floor apartment. The thing is, my window of my new apartment does not face a road or traffic, just an open field.

Could it be lights from a nearby building? It may have been in the first two instances, but in the most recent no. Like I said, my room is facing an open field.

Trick of the eyes? Maybe, but why not a dark shadow? Why a bright flash of white light?

Maybe I'm just crazy? Another possiblity I guess. That's why I'm asking on here. Has anyone else experienced this? By the way, all three of these incidents have taken place within in the past 5 months. They have also all taken place in three seperate cities, in three seperate countries. The only common factor is me being there. Hope someone can help me figure this out.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Littlemiss]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am betting that you started a new medication....

Possibly an anti-depressant? Or other psychological drug.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I just goosebumps reading this.

I see the flashes primarily outside and high up, but occasionally I see them indoors as well like you described.

Now the thing that really gave me chills about your post is that about 3 days ago, after doing energy work and meditating for about 45 minutes, I sat up, with my mind still emptied out and just expanded my awareness throughout my room.

About 2 minutes into this exersize, a bright flash to my left occured, and this golf-ball sized, BRILLIANT light shot away, moving in a position from say 11 o'clock to say, 9 o'clock. It was only maybe a foot and a half away from me, and it was unbelievably bright, like a brilliant white, with a very slight hint of light blue. My blinds in my room were shut, and I immediately opened them to see if maybe someone had a reflective object that could have snuck through a crack or something, but no one was outside at that moment.

I have no idea what this thing was, but I was pretty astonished at witnessing it, particularly that close up.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
ive had this, and woken terrified at to what this white light could be..

discovered it was my mobile phone screen shining on the ceiling.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Do you spend long hours at a computer screen? This might explain it because I can close my eyes after a long period of time on the computer only to see flashes of light. It might have something to do with the refresh rate of the monitor and the brain. That could be one possibility.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Probably not related, but I remember the first astronaught complained about light flashes when they were up in space, it turned out it was gamma rays penetrating the eye ball creating a 'spark' kind of flash..
I see them too, even in the day time looking up at the sky even, and if I realy consentrate, the grow in numbers..

Or I just spend too much time infront of the flatscreen...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Littlemiss

Does this describe the white flashes?

Flashes of blue - white light, rays of light going from a center, like the spokes of a wheel, or like sparks seen after explosion of certain kinds of rockets, when lying in a dark room, with lids closed.

If so, the homeopathic remedy HYOSCINUM BROMHYDRICUM could help. It's a common symptom that this remedy has been used to treat. (It is the homeopathic preparation of scopalamine.)

[edit on 3-10-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I have seen two bright flashes of white light but they were high up in the sky. I posted this account months ago but I will post it again as it certainly seems related somehow.

I have seen two bright flashes of white light in the sky followed by two "satellites" which moved away from the area of the flashes. I have no idea what they were but after each flash came what looked like satellites.

Below is a report I wrote right afterwards. I also posted this on ATS months ago.

There was a flash of white light off to the right of where I was looking. I focused on the spot and there was a satellite moving over my house. My first thought was “cool” a satellite but then suddenly it flashed a rich blue and VERY defined cone of light aimed toward the north. Not far from this came an answer as a second white flash of omni directional light astounded me and a second satellite was suddenly moving toward the first one from where the second flash happened.

At this point, I am awe struck. The second satellite then flashed a red conical light toward the first satellite as it closed the distance. The first satellite then flashed a blue cone and the second satellite then merged with the first one with a white flash of omni directional light.

After the flash faded there was only the first satellite left, moving now over my house and heading east out towards the north sea looking to all intents and purposes like a satellite. I was flabbergasted to say the least and I was swearing under my breath and saying things a person says when they cannot believe what they are seeing. About five seconds after the “merge” the first satellite started to strobe an orange glow in a strange sequence, brightening, and dimming, nothing like the strobes I see from aircraft (Edinburgh airport is not far from where I live). The orange blinking seemed to mean something but I do not know what. These were not aircraft of that I am very sure.

Wide eyed I backed up as the object was about to disappear over the roof of my house and at this point I fell over my picket fence and broke it as I backed up, trying to keep it in view.

Since then things have got weirder.

My wife and I were walking our dog near our home when we spotted a bright light over Edinburgh (roughly over saughton prison).

She thought it weird as there were no strobes or other identification lights, just a very bright bluish white light. I was watching her face when it winked out and became a hard to see pinprick like a faint star which picked up speed and started to move away toward Edinburgh castle.

The weird thing is she said when the light winked out she saw three lights like they were on the edge of a triangle clsoing in swiftly to a single light.

I only saw the light go out with my peripheral vision as I was watching her face at the time because I was looking at a total skeptic standing still, watching this weird thing in the sky with her mouth agape and her eyes wide.

She was kind of freaked out for a few days after this.

Something weird is going on and it is not a figment of imagination I know that much.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I believe you are about to experience an epiphany. Probably a personal one. This is just a guess on my part, based upon my personal experiences. Pay attention and trust what you see.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Happened to me once. Girlfriend and I were up watching tv late in the dark and a direct flash came in from the window and moved across the wall and over some plants. It was creepy as hell because it was late at night and it couldn't have been a car because we live on a dark quiet street and it was also small, kind of like a beam. We still talk about it today.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
ok.. please do not take this the wrong way, but I am an AVID believer in considering ALL possibilities. Commonly there are what appear to be balls of light flitting about VERY visible to the eye, because they are within the eye. This is usually a symptom of retinal separation, common among glaucoma patients. Note, that I am NOT discounting, or attempting to debunk. Being a rational believer, I want to know ALL scientific possibilities and possible explanations before playing the UFO card. Also.. Gamma radiation is the more deadly. if its leaking in an area amongst humans, they are probably going to die VERY shortly. thats the one that makes you GLOW.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

forgot to mention, considering that this has happened in these three different locations, and three different times, within a 5 month or week period, I sincerely believe, you should have your eyes thoroughly checked just incase it IS in fact glaucoma, or some other ocular disorder/disease. If not, THEN you have your one of three possibilities, Insanity, ghostly, or Alien.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I was kind of astonished when I saw this thread only because my wife just last night 10/02 said she saw our hallway light up as if someone turned a bluish/white light. Just thought that was odd...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I am betting that you started a new medication....

Possibly an anti-depressant? Or other psychological drug.

Nope, not on any meds. Just the odd headache tablet every now and again. Didn't have anything in my system on all three occasions. If I was I wouldn't be writing this now, just would have thought I was reacting to something.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Probably not related, but I remember the first astronaught complained about light flashes when they were up in space, it turned out it was gamma rays penetrating the eye ball creating a 'spark' kind of flash..
I see them too, even in the day time looking up at the sky even, and if I realy consentrate, the grow in numbers..

Or I just spend too much time infront of the flatscreen...

I think you're talking about cosmic rays, not gamma rays.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

About 2 minutes into this exersize, a bright flash to my left occured, and this golf-ball sized, BRILLIANT light shot away, moving in a position from say 11 o'clock to say, 9 o'clock. It was only maybe a foot and a half away from me, and it was unbelievably bright, like a brilliant white, with a very slight hint of light blue.
[edit on 3-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

Yes DimensionalDetective, that's the same thing I've seen. Except it was larger than a golfball.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Do you spend long hours at a computer screen? This might explain it because I can close my eyes after a long period of time on the computer only to see flashes of light. It might have something to do with the refresh rate of the monitor and the brain. That could be one possibility.

This is a possibility cloakndagger, except on the second occasion I hadn't been near a computer in weeks.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

Does this describe the white flashes?

Flashes of blue - white light, rays of light going from a center, like the spokes of a wheel, or like sparks seen after explosion of certain kinds of rockets, when lying in a dark room, with lids closed.

If so, the homeopathic remedy HYOSCINUM BROMHYDRICUM could help. It's a common symptom that this remedy has been used to treat. (It is the homeopathic preparation of scopalamine.)

[edit on 3-10-2009 by nikiano]

Nope nikiano, DimensionalDetective's description is more like what I saw.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Gotta learn how to take all the quotes and put them in one reply, lol!

SmokeJaguar - I don't think I saw the same thing as you. I never saw anything outside, it was alway inside.

Kyred - I'll keep my eyes open for anything that is epiphany worthy.

Kronos - That sounds very similar to what I saw. Almost like someone shining a flashlight on the ceiling and swiping it back and forth.

Stanlee - I'm currently working overseas and have had to have a billion medical tests in order to get my visa. It was only 2 months ago, so I'm sure that the tests would have picked up something. However, if I hadn't been checked out as healthy, you would have scared the pooh out of me. Thanks for that, lol!

peponastick - You totally just gave me chills when I read that!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Two things come to mind.

One, soms lights discharge their capacitors when turned of after a short period of time. This results in a white flash. (I should know, I've got a small halogenelamp that does it)
Two, the mind occasionally plays tricks with your eyes in the darkness allowing you to see 'white' when you are in the dark. i'm not quite shure how it works, but I do know it's a mindthing.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by AncientShade]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join