It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 children taking part in study testing 2 swine flu vaccines - would you let yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As reported by the BBC:

Child swine flu jab trials begin

About 1,000 children are taking part in a study testing two swine flu vaccines ahead of a UK vaccination programme.

Information about their use in children is limited and the study will allow experts to monitor immune reactions and any side effects.

The trial, which began on Saturday, will involve children aged between six months and 12 in Oxford, Southampton, London, Bristol and Devon.

Hm, I really don't know about this, it's one thing having a vaccine that has been tested, but to let your child have it as PART of a study!

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let any child of mine have it.

I've been accused of being paranoid in the last few days.

So I'd better not dissapoint those who have said that, here goers:

"And secondly there is clear evidence that flu epidemics and pandemics are spread very efficiently by children.

"Children simply infect each other and their parents very efficiently and for that reason a hugely effective strategy to controlling epidemics of this kind is to immunise children."

Good way to get a pandemic kick started again huh?

(That was for all those who have said I'm paranoid lol)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Crazy the things some parents will put there children through. Wouldnt have thought parents would let there kids be test subjects. I wonder if money was involved??

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

No I definitely wouldn't. I've heard in some countries that vaccines are enforced by law. Thank goodness I live in a third world country where they can't enforce anything if they even tried.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rickster01

Of late on ATS there are a few threads discussing how fear of the vaccine is an ATS induce paranoid delusion.

That may be, but letting ones children be part of the test is a step too far me.

I'm actually certain that there must have been some financial gain for the parents of the test subjects.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I wouldn't let mine be test subjects for this at all. I don't think you are paranoid at all either. More power to you for at least knowing the risks. Schools have been historically known as breeding grounds for disease and prime testing grounds for vaccines also. From my experience, most parents receive a permission slip for them to sign with some ambiguous information about a vaccine being administered at school, and they sign without much of a fuss at all. Most parents wouldn't give it a second thought which I think is a shame.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Oh, HELL no!

2nd line.

Mod Note: One Line Post - Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/4/09 by niteboy82]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
gemineye & SoLittleTimeToRead!!!!

Thanks, my sanity has been questioned these last few days!

I just think letting your children be guinea pigs is outrageous!

Cheers guys!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Never would I Allow my children be used as test subjects.

I would hide them or do what ever was necessary to keep it from happening.

In the USA there is a large part of the population that get food cards, and other welfare.

In my opinion this group of people would allow their children to be used for tests if the government threatened to withdraw assistance from them.

These people do anything the government asked them to do out of fear.

I have to wonder what, if any, pressure was put on the parents that allowed their children to be vaccinated.

Might need to look deeper into this situation.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they already knew what the effects will be that a risky test on such a vulnerable group like this isn't really necessary for the developers of the vaccine. They just want to get their agenda underway ASAP. What better way than to destroy the long-term health of the youngest ones possible.

Would the test results become public in a timely manner, particularly if they were damaging for the company involved? Not likely.

Shame on any parent who could be induced to subject their children to this.

new topics

top topics

join