It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fact called death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Death is another part of life; whatever we havent experienced usually brings apprehension, whatever the case may be.
Death is something I am not happy about, but I accept it.
I am more frightened or disturbed of the idea of some doctor or registrar performing my Autopsy, displaying my organs around a room for their own knowledge gratification.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

In answer to the first question; Not really as I know it is appointed a man once to die. Since it is going to happen there is no need to worry about it or contemplate it.

There is a sinking ship on the ocean with 9 people on it. The ship has one lifeboat, but it only has 8 seats. Putting all 9 people in the lifeboat would cause it to sink aswell, so that's not an option.

the passenger list:
The captain of the ship
A young intelligent lawyer
An 80 year old man
with his 6 year old grandchild
A single mother with chilren at home
A married man with a wife at home
A respected schoolteacher
A pregnant lady
An elderly single doctor

Who stays on the sinking ship?

That's an easy one, I do, I'm The Captain. Passengers and crew first. I am the last to leave the ship or go down with her. It's not about being brave or not wishing to face the responsibility, it's a matter of duty for the safety of the passengers and crew.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
Do you often think about your own death?
Not so often that it interferes with my life, but It does come into mind occasionally
Are you afraid to die?
Yes, I have no desire to stop existing.
And would you rather:
- die first and let all your loved ones grieve over you?
- or go last and experience all the suffering from seeing your loved ones die?
I would rather go last
-------------------------------------

There is a sinking ship on the ocean with 9 people on it. The ship has one lifeboat, but it only has 8 seats. Putting all 9 people in the lifeboat would cause it to sink aswell, so that's not an option.

the passenger list:
The captain of the ship
A young intelligent lawyer
An 80 year old man
with his 6 year old grandchild
A single mother with children at home
A married man with a wife at home
A respected schoolteacher
A pregnant lady
An elderly single doctor

Who stays on the sinking ship?

The Captain. A Captains first priority is the safety of his ships occupants, he must be willing to place their lives above his own.

my responses are in bold in the quote.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies, I realize that because of the nature of this topic, the responses are very personal ones, so it wouldn't be right to discuss someone on their take on 'death' (imo).

Maybe I could have used a better titel for this thread and not use the word 'fact'. In my view death is merely a transition and not the end, death is an illusion. But for the majority of people it still is a bad thing that only causes suffering. Either way, it is still a fact that there will come an end on this physical life.

Personally I don't fear death, I only fear the way in which it will happen and I hope that when my time comes it will happen sudden or while I'm asleep. A situation that don't give me much time to think about what is happening.
I rather die last so, my familly doesn't have to grieve over me, I'd like to spare them from that if possible.

As for the ship scenario, wow, I'm surprised that most think the captain should stay behind, even a real captain who posted that it's his 'duty'.
When I had this debate in highschool, one of the first arguments was that the captain should go with the lifeboat because he is maybe the only one who knows the survival skills needed on open sea (who knows how long they have to spend in that lifeboat?) Same for the doctor.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by GypsK

I am more frightened or disturbed of the idea of some doctor or registrar performing my Autopsy, displaying my organs around a room for their own knowledge gratification.

omg, the thought alone gives me shivers!
When I was younger I was afraid of beying burried alive, I had read about coffins beying opened and they found fingernails in the wood from scratching... I hope these days they check twice before they burry someone

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
I am not afraid of dying and in a strange way I am quite looking forward to it though not so much that I will go and jump in front of a bus. Death for me will be the ultimate next step and something amazing. I used to think about death when I considered suicide as a young man, mixed up with a bad life and bad people but these days I am on good terms with death and my mind is fully comprehensible on the subject.

The first part of your reply, I can really relate to how you describe your feelings towards death.
Although our experiences with death are completely different. I am also kind of looking forwarth to death as a next step in 'life'.
In this life I don't see much for myself, I don't have big goals I need to live up to, the most iteresting part of my life is the spiritul side of it. But I did take a responsibility when I took a child and a husband, so they are the main reason why I stay here as long as I can... for them and my family.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The first part of your reply, I can really relate to how you describe your feelings towards death.
Although our experiences with death are completely different. I am also kind of looking forwarth to death as a next step in 'life'.

I think many see it like that and you strike me as being similar in thinking to myself on the subject of death but it is not exactly politically correct to see fatality in those terms so I suspect that most things on the subject of death is spun in such a way as to keep everyone guessing on the true relationship between life and death.

The concept that many hold on to of death being an ethereal courtroom of judgment and an assessment of a life that was lived is there I believe to keep people locked within a framework, a code of conduct in life, fed by a blinkered (in my opinion) comprehension of death that was given to us by people who were never in on the true meaning of death anyway. This army of religious scholars even had the temerity to think their opinion of death mattered so much that to question it was to be labelled a heretic and risk a terrible death.

Perhaps they were/are correct about their view of death and afterdeath but the one thing that is lacking in their argument is proof either way so I wish clerics and scholars who only come to the table with a set of articulate arguments would not, because really when it comes to death and an afterlife they only know as much as you or I. Long gone are the days when a population would or should blindly accept the vocal and written words of a cleric as truth. Thankfully there is no longer the danger of facing the wrath of cleansing by torture and ultimately, fire.

From playing around with quigee boards many years ago and being a close friend with a Wiccan priest (who had once studied to be a catholic priest) I had experience of things that challenged my straightforward belief that perhaps there is something else beyond death but what I have experienced, though very amazing events was for all that, a subjective viewpoint. Therefore I have come to a conclusion that death is just the ending of a biological engine but I like to challenge myself and wonder what happens to the electrical energy that powered the body and the mind.

As has been mentioned in this thread, energy does not just die because it cannot, it goes somewhere else. Perhaps the energy after the moment of biology ceasing is dispersed and scattered like smoke is circulated and infinitely diluted by wind. Or maybe the energy that leaves the body is a soul heading for a definate place and if that is true then everything I believe about death was so wrong that I am destined to burn in hellfire, reincarnate on earth or another world or move into a higher density of existence.

In this life I don't see much for myself, I don't have big goals I need to live up to, the most iteresting part of my life is the spiritul side of it. But I did take a responsibility when I took a child and a husband, so they are the main reason why I stay here as long as I can... for them and my family.

I am of the same mindset. The goals in the material sense that I set out for myself I have achieved but the major ones, the important ones for me like the truth behind the UFO phenomenon and the real game behind religion and politics have yet to be realised. My goals in that regard are simple. I just want to see the truth laid bare before I die and to have a greater understanding of why I came to be, what was/is my purpose.
I would give almost anything to be able to have a long conversation with an extraterrestrial and the race, gender or even the disposition of that extraterrestrial would not matter as long as they do not feed me feet first into a wood chipper afterwards.

I would love to be able to see what the plans are of the global elite even if that truth is so dark and dangerous. I am down with death so the power they wield in the context of death is not of a major concern to me. The truth is what matters to me, ghastly and sinister or lightness and protective.

But I did take a responsibility when I took a child and a husband, so they are the main reason why I stay here as long as I can... for them and my family.

I have a wife and two daughters and I stay grounded for them. My reason I actually stay rooted firmly in society is for them. If I was alone I would be out in the hills, living a real life, doing what I wanted and avoiding this so called civilisation but my daughters need me, my wife would be lost without me and I without them. This is a symbiotic relationship that only death is going to break. I stay around and pretend to play the game for them but no longer am I some flag waving patriot to national ideals and concepts of furthering a system of ignorance and control.

I am hoping for a drastic change soon, something that blasts away the so called norm and exposes the dark underbelly of why this society became so disparate and generaly socially intolerant, religiously and culturally. Seems to me that there would be no better way to keep a huge population chasing its tail and being so distracted and to never see the truth is to engineer a society such as the one we rattle around in right now.

I should mention that I really have no problems with those who wish to believe in a god and so on because I have met many religious people who are really good and honest so more power to them. I can respect those who can hold to such things but I have little time for those who come knocking in the hope of saving my soul or those who judge me as less than human because I choose to be an atheist.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join