It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waynesville, NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was in Waynesville this morning about 7:30 and saw what looked like a plane, but it was too short and too wide (roundish actually) and had no wings. Also it was a very bright silver in the sky and there were no lights on it. I know the sun wasn't reflecting off of it because it was too hazy and the sun wouldn't have been up high enough yet. It also seemed to be moving too slow to be a plane, and then I thought blimp, but it was going too fast for that and also way too high. I never would have noticed it if some little kid standing next to me hadn't said "look mom, there's a rocket up in the sky". I just watched it till it was out of sight and never could really figure out what it was.

Any ideas what that might have been?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
No idea.

How high was it?
How big would you say it was?
How fast would you say it was moving?
Would you say it was east of Waynseville over the Charlotte area?
Possibly something out of the airport there?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TAWonATS
No idea.

How high was it?
How big would you say it was?
How fast would you say it was moving?
Would you say it was east of Waynseville over the Charlotte area?
Possibly something out of the airport there?

Not quite as high as I jet would travel, but much higher than a blimp would.

About half the size lengthwise of a jet, but about twice as wide, wider in the center than on the ends.

About half as fast as a jet would normally be traveling.

It was to the western side headed south/southwest.

Too high to be something that had come out of Asheville's airport I would think.

I did not even attempt to take a pic as I only had my cell phone and even though it has a good camera, it is only good on something less than probably 10 feet away. So I knew it probably wouldn't show up and I'll not say I'll post a pic then never do it.

I was pretty much just wondering because I have never seen anything that looked like that before, except one morning about a year ago I saw something similar, except it was round and stationary for a short bit, then slowly flew away. I've seen some odd planes and this wasn't a plane.

[edit on 10/4/09 by opal13]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I live right across the mountain and I've seen a few strange lights in that direction over the last year or so, one of them was at night about May of last year was a really bright light that looked like a jet liner approaching but it hovered rather than comming any closer then shot straight up into the sky at some incredible speed and faded away, was the first real UFO I've ever seen. I guess if anybody keeps track of these things, chalk two up for the Waynesville NC area.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well, I have seen strange lights in the sky at night numerous times. I live just west of Asheville and used to live in an area with a clear view of the sky and I used to see some pretty strange looking lights to the west as well if I sat on my porch and just watched the sky. Unfortunately now I have tall trees all around and a street light, so my view of the sky now is very limited and the area just a bit too bright to see alot. Never could tell what they were, but I just said hello!

top topics

join