It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent Web Bot Update Ref: 10/25

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Yes it did.

And it has made a few other unlikely predictions that came eerily true.

But it has also made some errors.

I suppose a cynic could say that a crystal ball that was 90+% accurate was utterly useless, because it could never be totally relied upon.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I dont take the web bot very seriously, BUT Ive sold all my stocks in the beginning of this month. There are lots of other signs saying there will be some form of stock market crash in October and I think some of them are credible.

A guy predicting the stock market crash in October 2008 and was right:

What he says now:

Should be interesting.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Stop trying to scare people with this nonsense, there is no credible evidence that doom and gloom is just around the corner. This web bot thing is ridiculous nonsense and you people need to grow up and stop being fooled so easily.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a quick glance at the calender tells me that the web-bot date 25 Oct is on a Sunday...

I suppose that it could be possible that there could be a prime time announcement by Pres. Obama that a 'Bank Holiday' begins immediately.

now, there's been a observation the web-bot & timewave zero have similar monumental events happening within a 24 hr period....
see:

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Isn't that when the Time Wave takes a crap as well?

second line

Timewave takes 'a crap' as you say on October 26th.

Timewave Zero and October 26th (link)

a look-see at the graph details of the timewave Novelty event,
shows that the height of the monumental 'Novelty' is 6PM on Monday the 26th.
by 6 PM the eastern & central time zones banks are already closed
so.... i do not think that the web-bot 'MOM' is involved

as an alternative to the sensationalism of the web-bot forecast

i put to you that a possible scenario could be the shutting down of the USAs ATM services....
the constellation of satellites known as Iridium which does major duty in linking these satellites to the ATM network...
just might get hacked by rogue nation.
or by insiders on a false flag operation

in any case Heads-Up

[edit on 4-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
For the record....

Originally posted by ecoparity
1 The web bot is based on a known scientific principle, that people actually do have a predictive ability which comes out in short spans of time prior to events. The project has tried to find a longer term version of this in the interpretation of shifts in language.

Since when is a premonition a scientific principle??? And how are they doing on the longer term predictions???

2. The project does not simply index web sites and forums to see what people are talking about. People can talk about possible end of the world scenarios on forums all day long - if that subject will come through in the data is not guaranteed since it's not a direct translation of conversation to predictive data. There is a great deal more complexity than that.

The more complex something is doesn't mean it is more accurate...

3. The involved parties have never claimed to be 100 percent accurate, only that they've been accurate enough for the project to be worth continuing. Over time the accuracy should improve as they learn to interpret the data better. That's the key to this - the data which comes from the bot has to be analyzed and interpreted by a person which is where mistakes can be introduced. What compels these guys forward is that reviews of the data after the fact have shown them that different / better analysis and interpretation would have resulted in even more accurate predictions.

Meaning, if i were to look at previous predictions i should detect a rising line in accurate predictions.....i am gonnan look that one up for you!!!

I wouldn't take it as an absolute but it is an interesting project and should not be lumped in with all the other predictions we see here on ATS.

In case you hadn't noticed, most prediction on ATS are from said webbot...

There's some solid technology and science behind this one. Look at it as something interesting and if you don't want to pay for the results then don't. Eventually I hope the raw data and some analysis tools will be made available to the public in order to refine the project even more.

Now why would they reveal data and tools?? Then everybody could generate reports and sell them for $10,- a piece.....

I would like you to take a look at this thread .......

Webbot might get an impressive 25% accurate....so far i'm at 100%. Wanna buy my data-models??I'll even throw in some tools all for the price of $99,95 you can now become your own oracle. Please U2U me for this special offer......

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I can understand people being skeptical, I consider myself to be a skeptic when it comes to anything predictive in nature. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, informed or otherwise.

It seems like there's quite a few people who have to take it a step further and just spread outright lies and disinfo about the project and the technology. I get it, not everyone has the time to actually research nor the inclination but its hardly what I consider skepticism to dismiss something based on little or no data. When that turns into spreading false information we've left the realm of skepticism completely and gone over to something a lot more questionable.

The web bot is not a search engine / word count index machine like Google and other such software. The technology its based on is known and can be researched, the coding alone is extremely complex and the number of skilled developers versed in it very rare.

I can look at the pre-analysis data and tell it's not coming from a web search or being "made up". There are a large number of continuous threads which run between each data gathering session, too many for one person to just make up and keep track of. If it was being generated by a person how do we explain the number of accurate hits as well as the number of hits which were mis-analyzed but can be seen after the fact?

Like it or not there's something there. Its relatively crude and still subject to human interpretation in the process but it's worth pursuing and refining.

This isn't some claim of magical powers or ET communication. Its completely unfair to continue to lump it in with such things.

I hope they're wrong about this latest alert of an event on the 25th but even if they are I know that based on the project's history we'll be able to see where the interpretation failed even if the data sweep itself did not. Unfortunately that's where the technology is still immature. If they do manage to find ways to refine / improve the analysis the project will become one scary tool and will probably vanish from the public realm completely. In the meantime it might actually give us the first steps into a scientific connection to predictive abilities in humans at the group rather than individual level.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
How can anyone possibly still believe this junk? Didn't the webbots already predict a series of events that never, not even remotely similar, took place? I recall hearing about mass deaths, people wishing to be dead because this event was so horrific, etc...back sometime last year! It NEVER HAPPENED.

Why are fools still allowing their selves to duped?!

because accept ignorance is the slogan of this website ...^^

everybody knows that webot is based on information on the web ... since everyone is talking about war, crime, sex, drugs and rock and roll, every prediction will be about it ... since rock and roll predictions arent wanted, we have war predictions ...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

The majority of predictions on ATS are in the form of people relating dreams and the occasional ET contact story.

I don't really care about earthquake predictions, in fact - I don't care about them at all. If I did I would follow Stan Deyo's work or the other two scientists who make use of data outside what is considered to be "valid" by the USGS and others.

I don't think the web bot data should be posted on ATS at all to be honest. Most of the people doing so haven't seen the actual data and relate incomplete or second hand information with zero effort put into going back and re-checking the analysis after the fact.

Why does it bother people like you so much anyway? If they want to charge 10 bucks for a product dealing in predictions they need to deliver something or find themselves out of customers. If people want to pay the 10 bucks that's really none of your business. Are you taking on the mantle of consumer advocate for ATS? If so maybe you should concentrate on areas where you aren't "competing" so to speak. It raises ethical concerns and questions as to your true motivation.

Like UFOs, moon anomalies and everything else - I don't care what people believe or don't believe. My only issue is watching people spout judgments who can't b e bothered to actually research the issue. Like I've said, everyone can offer an opinion but when its combined with lies and incorrect information they're no longer sharing an opinion, they're spreading misinformation which IMO is fostering ignorance not denying it.

That's the one major issue with ATS that people complain about. There are too many people spreading ignorance rather than making well informed decisions and calling it "being a skeptic".

When you start predicting major political and social events a year in advance let me know.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There seems to be a tremendous amount of misinformation in this thread about the webbot project.

Why don't you people try and do a little research before jumping to conclusions? I've seen some ridiculously ignorant comments so far.

NO ONE IS SAYING this webbot is 100% accurate.

It HAS predicted a few things that have come true. Where it's been "off" or wrong was the "summer of hell 2009" prediction, as far as I know. They did get the flooding in Georgia right, though. That was pretty specific.

They had some "hits" on things that sounded a lot more ominous than they turned out to be.

They're really putting a LOT into this Oct. 25th prection, and when they put a lot of stock in one specific prediction like this, I tend to take notice.

Also, just because a forum starts talking about "conspiracy" stuff more than usual, that has NOTHING to do with their predictions. The software gobbles up trillions of bits of information and looks at it as a whole.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

Originally posted by unityemissions
How can anyone possibly still believe this junk? Didn't the webbots already predict a series of events that never, not even remotely similar, took place? I recall hearing about mass deaths, people wishing to be dead because this event was so horrific, etc...back sometime last year! It NEVER HAPPENED.

Why are fools still allowing their selves to duped?!

because accept ignorance is the slogan of this website ...^^

everybody knows that webot is based on information on the web ... since everyone is talking about war, crime, sex, drugs and rock and roll, every prediction will be about it ... since rock and roll predictions arent wanted, we have war predictions ...

Since you insist on claiming the web bot is simply google type search terms, here are the top 10 search terms for the past 12 months. On that website you can search trends for just about any combination of time, location and subject. Please tell us how this translates into the web bot data outputs:

Google Trends Insight
Rising searches
1. facebook login +1,650%
2. michael jackson +800%
3. tuenti +300%
4. facebook +300%
5. facebook.com +250%
6. youtube.com +130%
7. yahoo mail +110%
8. face +110%
9. mail +70%
10. jogos +70%

I don't care if you like it, hate it whatever - stop spreading false info to back up your opinion, please.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

a quick glance at the calender tells me that the web-bot date 25 Oct is on a Sunday...

Remember that the webbot predictions are within days or weeks not a particular day.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I dont think webbot predictions are accurate , the only person that i know of that made an accurate prediction is George Green.....((Not because he hung out with Billy Meier, who is a scam artist)) Its because George Green was one of the Elite , who got inside information from his Elite buddies , He predicted the wall street crash of September 2008.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
oct 25 . . . wasn't this prediction originally about a 'death cloud' that would circle the earth '9 times' and wipe out an ungodly number of people? ultimately in the billions?

i guess that would be my problem . . . how can the 'signals' be that mixed up? is there going to be no cloud of death now? that was a pretty specific prediction, very different from this one.

anyway, that being said, anyone who hasn't prepared for at least a few months of financial meltdown already has been playing with fire. so what can it hurt to set a goal of 25 oct for being prepared if you're not already?

ideally you should already have a few months worth of cash on hand, a month's worth of food, at least a small treasure chest of gold and silver coin, and no more than a few months worth of cash in the bank.

a lot of people can't do that which, whether i believe in the webbot or not (don't) is a sad state of our current affairs.

do what you can. my prediction is the 25th will come and go like any other day and the webbot guys will *still* find a way to make it into a 'hit'

but it never, ever, hurts to be prepared. for me, i've gotten a bit complacent, but will re-stock our shelves once more. we live on a military base in germany now, so there's not much else i can do in the way of preparing. we've got dollar and euro, gold and silver, food and booze . . . we'll be fine i think, crossing our fingers that if worst comes to worst, *somehow* the sallie mae student loan databases get erased.

a guy can dream.

if you're hedging you bets like us and not totally abandoning the modern world, be sure to make frequent printouts of your financial records, primarily your bank accounts, 401k/IRA, and your brokerage account(s). if you use etrade, be mindful of your cash balance there. etrade isn't in the healthiest of positions and while your funds are FDIC insured, we all have our doubts about that stuff. either consider moving funds out of etrade and into your bank and then into your safe (if you're out of the market for a while) or move those funds into equities (gold/silver miners maybe) which are likely to be safer than cash balances in the event that the webbot, um, gentlemen, are correct. i'd sweat a bit over having a high cash balance w/ etrade right now.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SecretGoldfish]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I can understand people being skeptical, ...

The web bot is not a search engine / word count index machine like Google and other such software. The technology its based on is known and can be researched, the coding alone is extremely complex and the number of skilled developers versed in it very rare.

[...]

I hope they're wrong about this latest alert of an event on the 25th but even if they are I know that based on the project's history we'll be able to see where the interpretation failed even if the data sweep itself did not. Unfortunately that's where the technology is still immature. If they do manage to find ways to refine / improve the analysis the project will become one scary tool and will probably vanish from the public ...

you are well informed about the 'half past human project called 'Web-Bot'...makes me wonder just how involved you are

can you tell me/us about another predictive oracle program named Merlin' is it still active or what???

oh, since i'm a nice guy... you may want to erase each subsquential [edit]
instead of cluttering your post with numberous edits,

good morning

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Google Trends Insight
Rising searches
1. facebook login +1,650%
2. michael jackson +800%
3. tuenti +300%
4. facebook +300%
5. facebook.com +250%
6. youtube.com +130%
7. yahoo mail +110%
8. face +110%
9. mail +70%
10. jogos +70%

This is a great indication of where peoples thoughts are at the moment. Its not a conspiracy that most people are self obsessed and ego maniacs, its a fact. Social networking sites prove it. Its all about being seen, look good and get dates or boost the career to fuel the ego.

And soon Google Wave will dominate these results. The next toy to keep people busy.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

If you are so into the webbot program then please tell me one thing...

Is it based upon the fact that people have (conscious/unconscious)precognitive abilities......???

If it is, then you can make the most elaborate piece of software behind it, it's still depending upon the correctness of peoples precognivity (is that a word???)....

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Yes it did.

And it has made a few other unlikely predictions that came eerily true.

But it has also made some errors.

That's an understatement, if i ever heard one!!!!!

I suppose a cynic could say that a crystal ball that was 90+% accurate was utterly useless, because it could never be totally relied upon.

And what would a cynic say about a software program that gives you about 25-% accuracy??

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This looks similiar:
www.bloomberg.com...

Toronto-Dominion Bank, Canada’s second-biggest bank by assets, said technical glitches delayed the processing of bank transactions at some U.S. branches today.

www.globeinvestor.com... (looks like it still isn't fixed.)
Foreshadowing?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
And what would a cynic say about a software program that gives you about 25-% accuracy??

Depends on what it is. In the case of guessing numbers from 1 to 4, 25% accuracy would be pretty normal.

But the odds of being right about specific future events are very low, so even a track record of 25% is fantastic and worth taking seriously. If it was random guessing, the accuracy would be maybe 1% or so, probably less.

In any case, we can debate the web bot all day long. As long as it sometimes make good predictions, its worth reading.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Here's something that's been bugging me ever since I first heard about this project.

The WebBot is supposed to glean its predictions from the - duh! - web, i.e. the internet.
Now, according to the latest available official statistics (June 30, 2009), the total number of internet users in the world amounted to 1,668,870,408 users (that's roughly a billion and a half).

World Internet Usage Statistics

Even if all those users were on the web daily (which is hard to believe), they would still make up only 1/4 (very approximately) of the world population.

How reliable would these predictions be, considering that most of the world population does not use the internet?

I am perfectly aware that there may be some flaw in my reasoning, or that my question could seem naive. But never mind that. (I don't.
)
I would really like to know.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join