It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you descended from ancient Celts? Take the Test

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenLo
reply to post by realshanti

DUDE!
We're related!

Cousin!!!!!!!!! High five

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Made me want to drink beer and kick myself in the arse. I'm scot/french/english.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've always felt a strong connection to bagpipes. I never thought much about it, but it's always resonated with me brought strong emotions when others sometimes think it's like nails on a chalkboard. It never even occured to me that musical taste could be a reflection of past lives. I've recently been wondering about how to discover who I have been in my previous incarnations. I know it is significant and will help explain the circumstances I was born in. Any ideas or suggestions?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This past Saturday, the first Scottish gathering and games were held in Laurinburg, N.C. The previous games were "The Flora MacDonald" games held in Red Springs, N.C. Anyways, my oldest daughter went (I couldn't go) Bless her heart, she called me on the cell so I could hear the bagpipes, makes me cry every time I hear them and I can only imagine how my ancestors felt when they heard the 'pipes playing.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'll let you all be the Judge and tell me if I'm stirred by Celtic Music. This is me at a Renaissance Faire Yesterday.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d877a89cb775.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab88ac88f5db.jpg[/atsimg]

Irish. Nuttin but Irish! (alas, I am wearing a Viking sword)

Cuhail

[edit on 10/5/2009 by Cuhail]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loveandthink

I have undergone a great deal of training of my mind and body over the many decades of my life. Mental training to deal with our emotional body is a rather long process that is not something you can learn on a message board thread.

Past life regression is not something to be taken lightly in my experience. The brain is designed to selectively forget. We have receptors in our brain in fact that are called CB-2 which process a endogenous chemical called Anandamide that is both a mild euphoriant and causes this selective forgetting of traumas. We are not designed to relive trauma of past lives.

Before undertaking hypnotic regression to past lives I feel a person must first develop a warrior mind. This is a process of learning to control the emotional body and quiet the mind to prepare for battle and deal with after combat stress.

A person must also be grounded by a strong connection to the divine presence within us so that you do not open yourself to lower astral beings also called by some demons. Authentic exploration of our past lives should be guided by an indwelling divine spirit. Christ taught us of this in Luke 17.20-21 "The Kingdom of God is within you". You must first achieve that connection to the divine which will supply you with the ability to discern spirits and be aware of their purpose and direction. Otherwise you can become open to negative influences.

These are just my opinions. I am sure you would find plenty of people ready to take your money to guide you through past lives with little or no preparation but you are here forewarned that this can be unwise. The past is often best left buried. My life choices are not the usual and not for everyone for sure. I have chosen to develop myself spiritually and mentally and have forgone things like having what many would call a normal life.

Exploring things like the occult or metaphysical training and martial science is a very solitary path. That is why we are called a Hermetic Order. It is not for the family person who has a regular 9-5 job or career path. I have taken on students who ended up losing their mind to negative forces because they did not follow the path to become enlightened but instead started down this path for entertainment value. It is not a party trick. That is one of the reasons I will talk about this subject and write about it but will not be involved in training individuals any longer.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by wayouttheredude]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I feel all spiritual matters are not something to be taken lightly. I have always been connected somehow. My mother said when she was pregnant with me she strongly felt that I was spiritual, and she hasn't said that about any of the other 7 children she's given birth to. I have never felt a desire to lead a "normal" life. In fact, I am constantly trying to find ways away from it. I am readily accepted by society, but I do not feel I am part of it. I guess I asked because I feel I've had glimpses into past lives, but only glimpses... they get fuzzy quickly. I suppose if it's something for me to understand, eventually my mind will allow it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by loveandthink

Past life regression has a value when you have reached a certain level of mastery. When you have reached as high as you can with your current life path you have to start to clear away the past Karmic problems to fully leave the wheel and get beyond the life and death cycle.

When you get to that point the universe will provide you with a teacher. It is said"when the student is ready the teacher will appear".

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
1. How did this music from the video make you feel? It made me feel excited, and ready for some action, ready to do something.

2. Did you feel strong emotions? It made me want to fight for something I believe in, it makes me want to explore.

3. Did it make you feel like crying?
With joy.
4. Did the music make you feel combative or ready for a fight?
See above.
5. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played? Nope. Just the feelings of above.

You should probably get a better quality video of Scotland the brave... I like the sound of the song better than the other ones, but the quality... blah.

edit: after listening to it a second time its kind of bitter sweet.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Phlynx]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

In total in the thread there are 3 renditions of the sone Scotland the Brave. If you listen to the last one played by those kids I think it is one of the best overall. They do not let you edit your post after a day so I could not change it when others brought forth better versions than the I had posted. Thanks for your contribution.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by wayouttheredude]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think that you'd have a hard time finding someone who *hasn't* celtic blood. If you have spanish, french, portuguese, scottish blood or pretty much descend from europeans, chances are you had at least one celtic ancestor.
I like to joke about my heritage about being a 'true latin' - I have spanish, italian and french blood (all three languages are evolutions of latin); my grandparents are gallegos (in fact, the land was named Galicia after a celtic tribe) which makes it all the more probable that I have a strong presence of celtic blood so to speak.
Finding music beautiful doesn't necessarily mean that you have X race roots; I really enjoy medieval japanese music and I'm pretty sure I don't have a drop of japanese blood in my veins.
As a last note, I'd like to note that to descend from celts you don't have to have scottish roots; in fact scott celts emigrated from Spain/Portugal [Iberian Peninsula] and have some common genetic marquers with Basque people.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I am not sure, but I guess I will find out next year on my trip to beautiful Scotland.

I look forward to it.

And if I return in a kilt I can answer with "yes"

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Deep emotions and roots in this. I'm an Irish American (or more accurately a Human Being on planet Earth but I'll play the "separate" game for a bit) living in California. I have Celtic roots that harken back to the Invading Hordes of Dublin when the Celts stormed the land around the mouth of the River Liffe about 1500 years ago and we've been there ever since.

I do not however, think that this makes me special or elite or separate from in any way. Especially in this day and age when a Oneness and coming together in our commonalities is so desperately needed.

Thanks for the fun game.

Slainte!

Erik

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

1. How did this music from the video make you feel?

At the beginning I started smiling and tapping to the beat.

2. Did you feel strong emotions?

As I listened my heart swelled.

It didn't make me feel like crying, I started crying like a baby sobs and all.

I didn't feel like fighting, I felt intense sorrow, for what reason I do not know.

5. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played?

Not particularly. However, in my mind I could hear singing with words I don't understand, but like a lot of voices.

I have never been regressed for previous lives, but I have had dreams since I was a very small child of being "other people" as adults in several different times/places. When I was eleven I had a dream about childbirth including the pain, which I found out how realistic it was when I gave birth to my first child at age 37.

Overall, I can say that every time I have ever heard the bagpipes and especially this song, I have these feelings.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Looking at my genealogy, I am directly descended from the Bealls of Dumbarton, Fifeshire, Scotland. Ninean Beall was my eleventh great grandfather. This connection has me related to the Calverts, the Cubies and the Ramseys. The McKinneys, McCulloughs, McGuffies, McInnishes, McDowells, McKelveys are also direct lineage ancestors.

I also have a lot of Native American background. I generally say I'm Heinz 57, because most of Europe was the stomping ground for my ancestors.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by BearTruth]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Of course it makes me thrill and look for my sword

But Im from Poland...Some say that it was the Celts who founded firstly Cracow...anyway they lived here, in neighbour Ukraine region and in south-eastern part of Germany.
There is even historic region in southo of Poland and Ukraine called GALICJA the same as the one in Spain... there may be something...
But from the other hand: I feel thrill and strange emotions also listening, among the others to the folklore from S American Indians and from Africa and surely there was not the peoples from there in my region since the Lucy time

Peace

[edit on 18-10-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What is the difference between bagpipes and a trampoline?

Answer: You take your shoes off to jump on one of them.

BTW - I'm of Scottish-Irish heritage with some Scandinavian thrown in the mix. I don't need a video to tell me that I already knew.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

5. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played?

The song sounded somewhat to me like "Minstrel Boy."

The minstrel boy to the war has gone
in the ranks of death you will find him
His father's sword he hath girded on
And his wild harp slung behind him

I first heard that song on a Star Trek The Next Generation episode and it was very emotional for me.

Every time I hear a large group of bagpipes it's the same thing. I want to bawl my eyes out and don't understand why. Don't matter what song it is either.

I envision masses of drummers and bagpipes marching down a field and can sense the fear in enemies.

The feelings I get are not from the stance of a man, but of a woman. A mixture of sadness and pride.

No flashes though. But I have had dreams in the past of being chased on a battlefield and struck down.

I know I am descended from Irish, British, and French (Huguenots) and German. My parents are really into genealogy and I have also done a lot of reading and studying.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wayouttheredude

I know this post is quite old, but I came across it and felt compelled to respond. Maybe you are still out there and curious.

Let's keep it simple. Yes I have an overwhelming emotional / physical response. Nothing need more be said of that.

As for past lives, I am sure this is where each of us has religious and cultural differences that impact how we feel about it. I have never done past life regression as it is not all that popular to do around here, but do believe that many of us are living multiple lives.

As for myself, I don't want to remember the details / pain. In fact I pray regularly to forget, and never do it again. My personal journey may be at an end this time around, I can at least hope. Years ago, I wrote a journal to document my dreams and feelings. In the journal I wrote about living multiple lives beyond what can be counted, let alone comprehended. The level of detail in some of these dreams was staggering, the input of the feelings they invoked was mindblowing. Very hard to accept that it could be real. I had gotten married and feared she would read them. So i burned the journals. It's not that I care about others knowing that I believe such things but the fact that I don't want to talk about specifics because of pain and sadness. I don't want to accept that it could be a never ending cycle. I will forever hold on to the hope that the promise of peace and rest are real.

Eventually wars will end and we the soldiers will no longer be needed. Maybe then we can go "HOME".

Until then, we soldier on my friend. May faith, courage, passion and love forever guide us all.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: wayouttheredude

Are you descended from mighty Ancient Russians? Take the test!

View this video first.

If you answered yes to all of the above, you are descended from the Noble Slavic Peoples of Ancient Russia.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join