It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you descended from ancient Celts? Take the Test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Please change your avatar - even if you do post something worth reading your avatar makes it very hard to want to read anything posted.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Well seeing as i am a direct descendant of a Scottish noble family from the 13th Century AD to the Early 20th Century, i would have to say yes it did stir some feelings in me including ready for War. Our Family had knights fight in the Crusades and for William Wallace, we even used the famous "Mon Meg" cannon on Edinburgh castle to batter the treachorus "Black Douglas" of Threave Castle who murdered our chieftain

en.wikipedia.org... - My family clan
en.wikipedia.org... - Story of our crest

I have a handful of past lives, one a NCO in the english civil war where i was beheaded at a tree outside Edgehill for loyalty to the Monarchy and not the parliament.. i still remember the cannons firing into the town and church along with the sensation of the beheading.

I was also a officer in the "Lost Legion of York" My name was Felix Analius
and i died fighting more than 20 filthy barbarians.

EDIT: Also OP i agree with the feelings, it sends shivers down my spine and my chest sweels with a pride of victory, I close my eyes and keep this on loop it sends me into a lull of some sort.

Everytime i do i see some kind of montage of images of my past self he doesnt look much different to me except more muscles and a bit older, ripping his way through men in a blood soaked field leading to a long river. The last image that stays with me is he does a running charge over a pile of bodies and sticks his claymore deep into a young boy. Then i see through his eyes into a river where he is washing the blood off and he is me

It scares me a number of times with each past live i've counted 12 so far going as far back as the year 110AD

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well im an irish descendant with a very old irish surname on my dad's side and a mixture of english and scottish on me mam's side, so I would say im deffinately a celt descendant, it's a given.

Then there is my milky white skin, blue eyes, thick brow bone, stocky build, light brown hair and my facial hair has a slight gingerish tint.

Always felt celtic, britain is in my blood.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by valiant]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I I'am of the Celtic Scoti

I be descended from the sept Clark of Clann cam-shròn of Lochiel

My line was transported after the 45 uprising to America.

But we got our revenge the 1776 when we kicked the british a** but good.

And yes i love the sound of the pipes.

And i like the sound of the war pipes even better.

I even like the Uillean (Irish) Pipes.

You state you are proud of your scottish roots but don't forget the British that you *kicked out* were also made up of people who were Scottish, Welsh, Irish and English. Plus the original poster was taling about reincarnation which also means for all youi know that you may be reborn on what you consider the wrong side doing possibly awful deeds to what would have been your relatives.

Perhaps that is the real message with reincarnation - do no harm to others as you will be reborn on the receiving end.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by keldas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yes that song has always done something to me. Even as a small child in Northern Ireland I would hear that and can remember wanting to follow the pipe bands during parades.
That song in particular has always brought feelings of wanting to go and fight it gets the hair on the back of my neck standing to attention.
For some reason it is a song I can always remember knowing even as a very small child my parents say i would sing it or chase after pipe bands like the piped piper.
So maybe I am Celtic. I have a Celtic tattoo as a wedding band!
There is something about a pipe band that has always stirred emotion in me. I cant hear a verse of Amazing Grace without crying!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

This version made me cry and shiver :/ i'm going to get into a lull of peace and see if anything comes to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I got a couple of songs with beautiful voices and lyrics, speaking the language(Gaelic) works for me, best when i'm in the ancestral homeland though, especially in our old castle.

www.youtube.com... - Anna Mhoireach-Mairean nan cuiread

www.youtube.com... - Dan Ar Braz - Language of the Gaels

www.youtube.com... Bagpipes- The Lost Song (no name for it)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by Frogs

The way the Scots would attack was to play the pipes and drums as we marched towards the enemy and they would put the berserkers in the front of the line facing the enemy. These typically were men who had lost sons or fathers to the enemy and were mad with grief. This is the men that the enemy would face first. It would scare the crap out of them because of the ferocity of their fighting due to the blood rage.

Seeing these things on a battlefield are very powerful last images.

Yes that is what happened to me in the short summary of what i said in a previous post, I closed my eyes as i told you i would and sat here for 20 minutes breathing in and out with the music on loop. I managed to go back but now i have a HUGE headache anyways..I was standing on a cliff face somewhere near the border of Scotland looking south towards England watching a patrol heading back after raiding my long dark blonde hair blowing in strong winds, the wind around my kilt and then i blew a horn(goat?) and out of nowhere about 100-200 other men in kilts came over hills with claymore's,clubs and axes

I yelled something in gaelic towards them, and i dipped my hand in some water and saw my reflection of pure hate and anger.. i looked West and i could see smoke billowing over the sides of the trees and hills and i roared with anger picked up my claymore and charged down the hill towards this stunned English patrol who were readying archers they manged to let lose a volley and it toppled the first wave of men charging down..

i could taste the sweat that ran down my face and i ploughed into the right flank of this patrol which numbered around 60 men slashing my way through these "scum" (thats the word i got) ripping their guts out, my body aching from the fighting, i beheaded another then i was knocked to the floor by a shield the blood was thick and hevay throughout.

A huge red headed man had two axes in his hand and chopped the soldier with the shield in half then we lifted our weapons and cheered as this lonely road was blooded up beyong words the entrails,sweat and vomit were everywhere. Then i had a flashback to a village where i got home after a day's wood chopping i came upon my little humble house wher ethe door was kicked in and there i saw my two youngest children decapitated and their bodies nailed to the wall, and as is creamed in sorrow i ran around the home and in the 3rd small room there was two women ( ia ssumed were my daughter and wife) completely stripped, leg's spread and sword wounds across their throats.

Thats when i literally just got out of this lull to type now.. i feel like i want to vomit right now and my head is banging.

EDIT: The irony is i'm English with scottish descent.. perhaps it means something? maybe to try and move on from that event? or to live as an englishman and learn their side of the story... It's all strange to me but these memories are so vivid it has to prove reincarnation.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Ha well we are distant family

Same clan here
Although the official name was Maclellan when the exodus of the scottish clans began we had variations mine is Mclelland ^^

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadoMan

I have not had anyone complain about it before and in fact about a dozen have said they like the background image. I guess they affect different people differently. I thought it went well with the username:wayouttheredude

Perhaps I could redo the animation to just loop once.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
would it be imprudent to point out that the persians invented the bag pipes ?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Massive generalisation I know, but it seems to be mainly Americans obsessed with trying to discover their roots. I have my own theories why...
Never forgot on a visit to Scotland, the only person in the area wearing a kilt was an American in search of his roots. Such people are suckers for things like the heraldic arms and 'family tartan' scams ...

[edit on 4-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

If I were allowed to edit the first post at this point I would put these kids up and replace the one on there now for their heart felt rendition of the song. They are great. What feeling they give the music for some so young. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

aye, an they are just bairns!

in the summer they practice behind my house...

it's lovely to hear them when I am chilling in the back garden with a glass of wine and a few friends

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by ShadoMan

FYI - hitting the esc button on the computer will stop the motion on any moving avatar... it's not permanent, you have to do it each time you refresh a page, but it works great for the random times you want to use it...

*Carry on*

[edit on 4-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That was a handy tip thanks. I did not know that and I know a lot about computer stuff. I just never cared to know all of the shortcut keys for the browser I guess.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Direct descendant of William Wallace on my maternal grandfather's side and bagpipes are one of my fav instruments but no flash backs but mainly I don't cotton to such views [past lives and such]
And yes my family have a martial streak as well - impetuous and ready for a fight but I try to temper that tendency with kindness

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

DUDE!
We're related!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Everyone has an opinion... I like your avatar. Caught myself watching it a few times, and found it makes me feel very relaxed - much like the effect of white noise. Keep it the way it is... you can never please every person.

Now... let's get back to the thread...

I have always loved Celtic music. It often moves me to tears or, at the very least, very strong emotions deep down in my stomach.

Listening to the first music clip, I felt pride first. I didn't feel a strong urge to battle, but sensed more of a "stand firm" feeling, like my boundaries are set - don't cross them.

The second music clip evoked much stronger feelings. Pride, confidence, determination, and the will to battle... but with a sense of sadness woven in.

My paternal family has strong roots in Scotland, England, Wales, and Ireland. I have difficulty believing in past lives but, years ago, was told that my most recent previous life was as a Native American woman. I found it to be interesting because I have very strong feelings when listening to Native American flute, reading their stories, looking at their artifacts or old photos. I get quite angry when I think about what has been done to them and their land. It makes me sad to know we have lost so much of their wisdom and ways.

I am a Christian, so there is difficulty reconciling my spirituality and beliefs with the possibility of past lives. Sometimes I wonder if man's need to control everything has placed too narrow parameters into our Biblical interpretations. If so, this control has been passed down through the generations. If not, I still wonder why I feel such deep connections to both Native American and Celtic cultures.

I found your topic to be quite refreshing... S & F for you!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join