It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you descended from ancient Celts? Take the Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Below is a video which for the purpose of this short story is offered as a test for those who might be descended from the ancient line of the Celtic people. If you watch and more importantly listen to this short video first then read the rest of this post you will understand the test and I ask that you share with us your feelings about it. Remember please do not read the rest of this post until after you have watched and more importantly heard this video all the way through. Thanks for participating.

The rest of the test is after the break. Watch the video first.

V
|
V
|
V
|
V
|
V
|
V
|
V
|
V

Thanks for watching the video first. Now answer in your mind a few questions please.

1. How did this music from the video make you feel?

2. Did you feel strong emotions?

3. Did it make you feel like crying?

4. Did the music make you feel combative or ready for a fight?

5. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played?

Now let me explain a bit about what this song means to me. I am one of those descended from the ancient Celts. I felt very strong emotions when I first heard this music in this lifetime so I played it several more times until the strong emotions and mental flashes subsided and I could focus my mind.

I have studied mind science, and martial science for decades and thought I knew myself fairly well. I even had been past life regressed to some of my more recent past lives. In the last few my soul has incarnated in the United States. I had not been past life regressed further then the 17th century in Ireland until I heard this song played.

This song's modern name is; "Scotland the Brave" but it is perhaps 500-600 years old. No one really knows the origin of this song from what I can gather on the internet.

The memories that it invoked in me were of lives in ancient Scotland. This song was played by a pipe and drum core that would travel the highlands and along the way gather troops from the able bodies men of the villages into a single fighting force. It was a song that stirred the blood and prepared the Scots for battle.

It was also the last song that I heard in at least 8 lifetimes that I regressed through. Some of these lives kind of blur together as they were very similar and all very short. The song for me invokes feelings of pain and suffering and dying and separation from loved ones. It makes my blood boil and my hands shake a bit. I had to discover why this feeling was so strong so I did a self hypnosis and regressed into the pain and grief to find its source.

I remembered the life of a soldier in the Scottish army battling the English. I was not some famous general or leader of men. I was just a grunt as in my other past lives. I was standing on the battlefield after the battle, blood soaked, and muscles burning.

I remember the stench of entrails filling my nose and I turned away from a body of a brother and went to my knees and heaved until I could heave no more on the blood soaked ground.

While I was there on my knees shaking with revulsion, and exhausted from the battle my past lives of dying on battlefields just like this one and that song connecting them all in my mind came flashing like a wave over me. It was the last song I had heard so many times in so many lifetimes.

I prayed to God right then that I would never have to endure this horror again in another life. Apparently my prayers were answered for a time as I did not suffer such a fate again for many more lifetimes that I could recall. That was until my soul was reborn in America. In those incarnations I did suffer war again during the Civil War on the side of the confederacy and one other lifetime when I incarnated as a Native American and suffered through the massacre of my tribe at the hands of the Union Army.

Still after all of the centuries have passed my soul is profoundly affected by this song. It causes profound memory of those ancient times to come forth and also makes clear my connection to the ancient Celts.

Now you have read my short story. Tell us if you have a story connected to this song.

Edited to put a better rendition of the song up.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by wayouttheredude]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

1. How did this music from the video make you feel?
2. Did you feel strong emotions?
3. Did it make you feel like crying?
4. Did the music make you feel combative or ready for a fight?
5. Did this music from the video give you mental flashes of other lives you lived and this song was being played?

Answers to 1-3 yes. Bagpipes always make me emotional...as does taps.

It did sound to me like a battle song, but no, I am not a fighter.

No mental flashes.

I was regressed a couple of times. In one of them I seemed to be in a forest somewhere in the UK, living alone in a lean to built against a tree, long graying hair, dressed in layers with strips of cloth wrapped around my feet for shoes. This was maybe 16th or 17th century. I died there on a bed of leaves, hay or something. I was alone and seemed rejected by society.

I also may genetically descend from Celts as my father's last name prior to adoption was McCormick and other ancestors are from England. So, who knows, past life or in the genes. Maybe just imagination.

No matter how one may explain the emotion, bagpipes are soulful and stir sorrow deep within. I have always thought everyone felt that way when hearing them.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The only thought I really got from that video is how many are going 'commando' under their kilts.

I guess I fail.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

That was kind of funny. We are not all descended from the people of the Highlands of Scotland. I have gone back even further since I regressed back to that time period and it seems that before Scotland my soul incarnated in ancient Gaul which is now France. I have not tried to go back further than that. Perhaps there is no mental trigger to any time period any further back than that for me in modern times.

I know that some people are very affected by ancient music from their ancestral homeland. I think this is caused by a soul connection to that music.

Battle hymns are just more emotionally charged because fighting and dying is psychically associated with them.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well being a "WELSH" Celt myself it just reminded me of Wales V Scotland at Cardiff Millenium stadium (Rugby).....Fail for me

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It sounds like 1,000 cats mating.

I guess I fail as a Celt. Maybe it's time for me to get one of those DNA test thingies.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, I guess this tells me bagpipes don't effect everyone the same way. I honestly thought the sound probably stirred something deep in everyone.

We are all very different, aren't we?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

I had a friend who was Irish and Native American descended. He was regressed and did not have a single life in Ireland or Scotland or anywhere other than America. It seems that so many of the Native Americans were wiped out by the European invaders that most of them have since reincarnated in European American families mostly ones that had some blending with the Natives. He was disappointing that he had no past lives in Europe. I told him he should feel glad that he had no soul connection. A thousands + of years of war. Who needs that on their soul?

edited type

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yes to all 5

Stirs my blood to the same degree as the battle hymn of the republic

Mental scene of standing alone on a hillside with green grass, but rocky (hard to explain...like large dark rocks jutting out every so often), hard to tell the season....grass vibrant green, but very windy; damp and COLD, long dark hair whipping my face feeling like I had lost everything and wanting to make someone PAY yet feeling helpless to do so.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As I listened I sensed happiness and being very prideful. Got teary eyed as well. But I felt no violence.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Long line of descendants from Scotland. Hell my dad had black hair and blue eyes til the day he died. My forefathers as far back as I could trace have all been soldiers except me. I chose not too, though it was a close thing. I've traced my ancestors as soldiers in every war in the US back to the Revolutionary War. So yea, it moves me like no other music does. Crying, hardly, tears of respect, ferocity, courage, perhaps. It pulls my martial/fighting spirit like nothing else does. Past life regression, wouldn't know where to start, don't think I want to. The long dead past will stay that way. My life's mission is pointed towards the future for myself and my current descendants and yet to be born descendants. Perhaps they will one day again pick up the sword for my family, I don't know. My break in the soldiering past will give them strength like never before. That's my feeling on it. I also have the feeling that they will need that strength.

Sounds stupid but what the hell. There's my 2 cents. Don't spend it all in one place.

PG

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzaguy

Long line of descendants from Scotland. Hell my dad had black hair and blue eyes til the day he died. My forefathers as far back as I could trace have all been soldiers except me. I chose not too, though it was a close thing. I've traced my ancestors as soldiers in every war in the US back to the Revolutionary War.

Interesting. My Dad had dark hair and blue eyes til he died. When I visited Scotland I was surprise to see so many young men who reminded me of my Dad. I had assumed they were fair haired and thought the dark component might be related to Templers and Rosalyn Chapel.

Anyway, my Dad was adopted into a very strong prominent military family that goes back to the revolutionary war as well and he was in the military 33 years.

I believe that we repeat our lives over and over until we gradually figure things out. It appears that is exactly what you have done...figured it out that is.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't need to hear that song to know i'm descended from the celts, i've got a ginger beard and a scottish surname! But no, the bagpipes did nothing for me. Although that could be because i'm English.

Although i think my clan were actually Cornish rather than Scots. But that's just a feeling i have.

My family has lived on this island as far back as we can trace.

I'm certain there's some anglo-saxon mixed in (i'm very stocky and swear a lot) aswell as some viking blood (blonde hair, aggressive) too!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The sound of bagpipes playing irritates me. And both my mom and dad's families descended from Scotland.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just wondering why the OP changed the video? The first video I watched moved me but the second one did nothing for me at all. Interesting.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I would be willing to bet there is some Native American in that mix somewhere. You might have never incarnated in Europe. You soul might be Native American as well. Most American natives I know do not like the sound of bag pipes at all.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian

That is curious. The first one moved me about the same. I thought the second one was a better rendition. I have the link still so here it is.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Does this rendition differ that much?

Interesting. I am betting that it is the sound stage that is making the difference here. The pipes are more consistently heard volume wise in this rendition of the song.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I as well am a decendent of a celt.....infact Lord Fergus is my line...........Yes the music, which I have heard many times, does bring emotions but I have never had flashes of former lives that I may have lived............

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I would say that the tune does make one feel at the beginning ready to fight and then later on sad, however that does not mean you are descended from the ancient Celts.

Also if you believe in reincarnation as you obviously do, then it makes a mockery of blood descent because you may have been a Celt in one life time and in the next you may have been an Englishman or an enemy of your tribe. So although you may have strong feelings which may be from memories of past lives I don't believe you can automatically link it to a blood line descendant.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by keldas]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

I do believe in reincarnation. Only because my memories are so strong of those lives. They are as strong of memories as my memories of this life in fact. If I did not have these memories I doubt I would believe in reincarnation. One thing I have observed in my memories is that we choose where we incarnate when we reach a certain soul advancement. Some groups from the Native Americans and the Tibetans have even recognized past leaders or just past family members in the newly born.

I think at some point we tend to reincarnate again among our own kind because it is familiar. It is not I think a DNA thing per say but it ends up that way due to familiarity we seek. Well that is my opinion on it as least.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join