It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forse le lucciole non si amano più

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I haven't posted here before (mainly because I wasn't aware of it's existence
) but I thought that this was pretentious and bad enough to put on here. Oh that sounds insulting: I don't mean the rest of the work on here is bad, what I've read is very good and often thought provoking.
But I thought I'd put it here if anyone wanted a template for 'how not to write' (by Ramadwarf). I callled it "Forse le lucciole non si amano più" because I based it on Loconda delle Fate's song of the same name. Enjoy!

A light began flickering rhythmically in the most static of clouds as a beast’s howl resonated from the very black of the night; it’s sadness carried off with the frosty breeze until no more than a dying thought.

What is it that captures the imagination in this tranquil environment but the mysteries that remain mysterious because they do not exist?

Why can I not see the sound that is so physical to my senses?

Where does it come from and where does it go?

Away into the night, like the ghost of my candle as it rises to the sun’s closed eyes to disperse into oblivion.

The light in the object of a desire unlike others of artificial content did begin to swirl until the weeping cloud became no more than an illuminated shadow now exposed and beaten; trodden into the ground of the past.

When did this luminous substance absorb that which spawned it? And from where did the pureness of silence erupt and conceal that which did deafen me?

So delicate are the stems that carry these thoughts I dare not wipe from them the drops of a dew- the remnants of a period where this personality ran rampant throughout the halls of careful constructions and precious but contaminated clips of a life once led.

Surely now I see that tomorrows life will be the same as the one I am living today: so what remains is only to continue through an undiscovered living whose
segments glow only after their passing; so onward through this abyssal existence until all that will be is completed and I can only move on in the dark- without the comfort of knowing what has passed me by…

Ramadwarf on automatic writing

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ceux qui pensent d'eux-memes sont hauts pretentieuse et insultante.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by catalyst2466

What the heck does that mean? I don't even know the translation of the song title! I got the word 'Insult' I think, and I'm guessing the flaming anger is a sign that I have offended someone? If so, I said I didn't mean it like that! Or did you mean 'This piece of writing is an insult to our intelligence'? If so, I aplogise. Oh wait, and pretentious! My writing is pretentious and insulting? Or I am?

Ramadwarf apologises

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by catalyst2466

Quelle langue are we sprechen here...?

And Ramadwarf, it was the title what attracted me to your post - and now you're telling me you don't know what it means? Oh... :shk:

It means, "maybe the fireflies don't love each other anymore".

So, do you love it NOW? ;-)

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think it's something like "Those who think they are better are highly pretentious and insulting"

Something like that anyway.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

[Something like that anyway.

It would sound better in French.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hmm, I didn't think about finding out what it means... Hehehe, I don't usually do stuff like this. And I don't think I know better, in fact I've always sort of classed myself as 'lower life' where intelligence is concerned. I probably am pretentious at times though, but I don't mean to be. Anyway I didn't know this forum existed but I'm happy I found it cause I've got somewhere to post my passions now
Thanks for all the posts, and I'm sorry for the let down!
Aww, you have no idea how bad I feel that I've lead everyone up the garden path like this...
But I hope to rectify my mistakes!

Ramadwarf on feeling
(but not because of the replies, because of his own ignorance and foolishness)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh by the way, I want to post a mini series on here so what's the best way to do it? Like, a thread for the whole series or a thread for each part? like part 1, 2, 3 etc. ? I'm guessing a thread for the whole thing so I don't take up too much room but I'd like to hear from those with more ATS experience than me.

Ramadwarf on changing the subject

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadwarf Philes
I've always sort of classed myself as 'lower life' where intelligence is concerned. I probably am pretentious at times

Oh yes: it transpires very clearly from the two statements above, especially when read immediately one after another...

I must say, you're an amusing one.
(And I mean that in the nicest possible way!)

Incidentally, I like fireflies.
(I loved them even better before I got to see one up close - really, really close.)
And your OP reminded me that, when I was little, my mother used to tell me a bedtime story about fireflies being - delle fate (= fairies).

Ah, happy days...

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Quelle langue are we sprechen here...?

Vocabulaire Francois

[edit on 4-10-2009 by catalyst2466]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

[Something like that anyway.

It would sound better in French.

You're not wrong there

It really does sound better in french.
Almost everything does.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

what the heck are you apologizing for? this is ats. There is always going to be disgruntled and insulting people around. Rudeness abounds.
Apologizing for something like this just gives the rude people a chance to continue.

I hope you will write more. It's very nice.

top topics

join