It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate Universe: Project in designing an Ancient Spaceship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I just got done watching stargate universe and was thinking it would be pretty damn cool to have that ship Destiny. So I started thinking, how could one go about in designing something similar?

With new advances like these:

EM-Drive
Helio Display

and others, what would it take to get one of these thing's designed for at least use around our solar system?

Any thoughts or other sci-fi type advancements we have made that would go great with a design project like this?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
wow...don't know about your spaceship,
but The heliodisplay gadget is pretty cool!

star and flag......just for kicking me into the next generation

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GondelleX

I defiantly want one of those displays! It's just about the most coolest gadget I have ever seen.

I was thinking about those little ufo toys you can get at target or walmart, could probably wire a few of them together with a small spy cam transmitter and fit in a small weather sensor and make ourselves the Zino from SGU.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Yup, I want one of those helio displays also!

I think they cost around $22500.

I remember 50" plasma screens costing that much when they were first available.

Hopefully they will gain popularity and the price will come down.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I think with the speed technology advances in this day and age it may not be too long before something like this is in effect whether this is to our knowledge or not.

I may even be in effect at the minute but we are none the wiser.

With the likes of the ISS just stick a few rockets on the side and away you go LOL.

On a serious note but if something like this did come into effect soon I would like to see what kind of technology if any they come up with for exploring any planets found along the way. for example detirming if they are safe for humans to set foot on and the next problem would be how you could get humans unto and off the planet again. Another problem would be supplies and fuel. There are some great minds on the planet so I am sure they could come up with better solutions than I can think although I do have some ideas for renewable food and fuel sources, they are pretty general and haven't thought how to refine them as yet. anyone else have any ideas.

new topics

top topics

join