It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS - Ireland Votes YES for for Lisbon treaty...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
news.sky.com... ousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15398162_Lisbon_Treaty%3A_Result_Due_In_Second_Referendum_On_Lisbon_Treaty

"Irish voters have backed the Lisbon Treaty referendum at a second time of asking, the country's foreign affairs minister has said.

EU Lisbon Treaty referendum billboard and posters

Early tallies from count centres across Ireland suggested voters have accepted the charter, following a massive swing to the "Yes" side.

Minister Micheal Martin said: "I'm delighted for the country. It looks like a convincing win for the Yes side.

"It's good for Ireland", he told RTE Radio.

Polling stations closed at 10pm yesterday and a final verdict is expected by late afternoon.

After the shock rejection of the Treaty, which aims to modernise and streamline the EU, in a referendum in June last year, this time supporters are confident of victory.

Times have changed: with higher unemployment and the Irish economy in meltdown, people here are far more open to the argument that the European Union is good for this country.

Despite the government here being deeply unpopular, which might attract a substantial protest vote, the arguments are not obscured this time by issues like abortion and Ireland's neutrality.

The implications of the vote are huge.

If the Irish reject the treaty again it will be dead in the water.

However if as expected they vote "Yes", the Poles and the Czechs are likely to follow suit and the treaty will be ratified.

That could put enormous pressure on the Conservative leader David Cameron, who has promised to hold a similar referendum in Britain if he wins the next election.

On a lighter note, "No" supporters say that if they lose they will demand a replay.

They say the score will be 1-1 and it would only be fair to have a decider - another referendum!

:: There have been suggestions in the European Parliament that ex-British prime minister Tony Blair could be given the job of EU president which would be created if the Lisbon Treaty comes into force.

The Tories have issued a warning to European leaders not to appoint Mr Blair.

Shadow foreign secretary William Hague said the Conservatives were prepared to lobby European capitals in an effort to block the appointment."

ouch... oh dear... now what?

they said no and were given another chance, now yes...

probably due to the unemployment and all that... bad news for us... great news for the elites and powers that be with the EU

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Adono86

They say the score will be 1-1 and it would only be fair to have a decider - another referendum!

I doubt that will happen. This isn't like the World Series or Rock-Paper-Scissors.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I am.........

erm.....

Speechless. I cant believe it. Jesus there are way to many people asleep still.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is just sad, I mean that whole heartedly. It's sad because such a strong and proud group of people was duped into this. Sad.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Here now I can't believe this is happening. Uhh What's this all about
before I jump in with both feet? Lisbon treaty come on fill me in.
This is my Mothers land. I'm surprised I don't know and probly
going to be embaresed, so lets just get that out there right now .
ok go!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501
I am.........

erm.....

Speechless. I cant believe it. Jesus there are way to many people asleep still.

well! they're not asleep, they voted NO from the beginning and that was the result that should stand, but the corrupted NWO arranged for a second voting now when Ireland is in big deep crap, economically.

So you could more or less say that they blackmailed Ireland to say yes for financial & economical reasons.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Poland will follow our dickhead president already stated that :/
czechs on the other heand wait till they get opinion from constitution comitee if its legal.

com on czechs say its not i beg ya

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
Poland will follow our dickhead president already stated that :/
czechs on the other heand wait till they get opinion from constitution comitee if its legal.

com on czechs say its not i beg ya

I doubt it, it’s only the Czech President who is considering putting the treat through the court first (he is ANTI-EU). Not the Czech people, most Czechs hate the guy.

Mikey

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Here are the Offical Live Results for the poll. (Only just over 8% counted so far)

LISBON VOTE RESULTS

Mikey

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Man! I really don't trust these numbers!

Must be a falsified result right!

10% Yes 65 - No 35

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
14.91% of the votes counted!

Yes/Tá 64.64%
No/Níl 35.36%

Ahh! The No is gaining, well! baby steps, baby steps!

It ain't over until the fat lady screams!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
14.91% of the votes counted!

Yes/Tá 64.64%
No/Níl 35.36%

Ahh! The No is gaining, well! baby steps, baby steps!

It ain't over until the fat lady screams!

LOL... Europe has already said thank you to Ireland. lol

When will the 100% count be in?

Mikey

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adono86

:: There have been suggestions in the European Parliament that ex-British prime minister Tony Blair could be given the job of EU president which would be created if the Lisbon Treaty comes into force.

This is incorrect. The EU doesn't have a president. The job that Blair will take is council chairman (perhaps president of the EU council?) I'm surprised that they would print that - that way. Very misleading.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join