It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Lisbon is a GO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Oh - it looks like its going to be a yes according to early news on Sky News.

The telegraph are also seeing this as a YES vote.

Any Irish ATS members have any views on this?

Personally I see this as bad news. It's going to usher in Tony Blair as EU President and pave the way for the UK.

Polls have now closed and, frankly, it doesn’t look good. Counts in Ireland are gloriously ramshackle affairs, and we won’t get any formal results until tomorrow. Nor are there any published exit polls. Still, the mood on the ground, and the early data on turnout per constituency, suggest that the Pro-Treaty Forces have carried the day.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
well the 51st state that the Rothschilds and Rockefellers wanted by their Council of Foreign Resources is now a fact.

one President to rule Europe.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Democracy at work! They voted no the first time, so hit them hard economically and get them to vote again until they vote the right way.

With Tony Blair waiting in the wings to jump in as EU Prez, ready to go full tilt boogie for his globalist banking masters, we are all scewed!
Blair is a proven liar and criminal, stepped away from his term as UK PM for personal profit and now gets the chance to sell out many more people. I'd personally like to see him stripped of all assets and wearing a prison uniform for the rest of his life.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Strange because the Guardian and the sun are reporting No with only a 50%turnout and the German and french gaffers going nuts..

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

If at first you don't succeed! If the Irish people vote "No" again then they are in for a world of hurt....... until they change their minds, or the EU masters decide to change the rules to allow them to ignore an Irish vote completely.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Regardless of the outcome, have any of you actually read what happens if the treaty comes in? You all seem to think that we will have 1 president and become a superstate overnight.

That’s not going to happen, instead of having a 6 month rotating President we will have a 2 and a half year term President of the European Council, NOT a “President of Europe” as the UK Media seems to call it (there is a difference).

For details of what the “President of the European Council” will actually do, there is plenty online for you to read over.

Oh and yes, according to all Irish News sites it looks like it’s going to be a YES vote by a large amount.

Mikey

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

hope its a No vote because the republic will get shafted for their natural gas resources, bit like Scotland and its oil apart from that i don't really want to see T Blair's smug face as EU president

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
reply to post by Britguy

hope its a No vote because the republic will get shafted for their natural gas resources, bit like Scotland and its oil apart from that i don't really want to see T Blair's smug face as EU president

Current figures put the YES vote at 60%.

Looks like YES it is.

According to Sky News, it’s already won!

SKY NEWS YES WINS!

Guardian

Mikey

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Awell if its yes I'm off down to "frescos" to demand me cheap booze and bakie, Would like see the Irish citizens faces when no jobs or big contracts show up in the near future, And where is Dermo when you need him i would like to see his opinion this

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Forget the fact that there will be a EU president (yes rotating), the Lisbon treaty is just a more confusing version of the original EU agreement to hand over powers to X and get away with it. Yes, most of it is already taking place but this makes it legal. Unfortunately it will be our children that will have to live with the consequences. With all that is happening in the world though it seems inevitable.

ps - Tony Blair really looks like some Roman 'ceaser'!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

If ANYONE knows something before it was even voted, it smells pretty staged to me.
Besides its only 1000 voters. A lot of people think its going to be the whole irish populace going to vote, but no, its only a handfull voters.

Why having to vote a second time? Was the first "No" not enough"
Which part of "NO" they didnt understand?

So much about what our voice is worth to "THEM"(tm)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Jeez i really hope the Irish dont let us down by voting Yes. Its bad enough these idiot make them vote again on it.

I know my relatives in Ireland are voting No at least AGAIN.

Peace

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamitrios

If ANYONE knows something before it was even voted, it smells pretty staged to me.

It was voted yesterday, so no one is knowing anything before it was voted.

It is being counted today, and so far, of the votes that have been counted the YES is winning by 60%, the only place that has had a NO majority so far (of the votes that have been counted) is North Donegal.

Mikey

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The anti democratic era has begun , where a treaty is pushed up peoples ass 3 times , without any consent.
If people don’t see anything fishy with a treaty that all of European citizens(except Ireland ) weren’t allowed to vote on it , then something’s wrong with those persons.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Why having to vote a second time? Was the first "No" not enough"
Which part of "NO" they didnt understand?

They can vote again, ya know. There is no law saying that something can only be voted on one time and that's it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
One thing the Lisbon Treaty gives that the UK will be happy about is easier provisions to leave the EU, It gives a set plan for a country to get out of the Union, easier to leave.

Why don’t the British just take that option?

Oh that’s right.... then they wouldn’t be able to flood Spain.

The YES is still not 100% confirmed, News Sites are going on what has been counted so far, but it looks like it's well ahead on a yes vote.

Mikey

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see the amount off funds allocated to the various parties for campaigning purposes, Me suspects the yes camp got a whole lot more than the nos, Probably more air time too, Saying the resident Government wanted a yes vote... IMO

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Here are the Offical Live Results for the poll. (Only just over 8% counted so far)

LISBON VOTE RESULTS

Mikey

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion

Personally I see this as bad news. It's going to usher in Tony Blair as EU President and pave the way for the UK.

The EU doesn't have and won't have a president. This is an incorrect analysis. He will be the EU council president only. I've seen this misrepresentation several places now and am beginning to wonder what's going on with this story. Are people just taking the original incorrect story and reprinting it or is there an attempt to propagandize the vote?

In any case, my view on the lisbon treaty is that it will be the worst thing possible for Europe.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
% Poll 28.6%

Yes/Tá 67.79%
No/Níl 32.21%

Yeah! it's sadly pretty much over!

The NWO wins this round!

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Chevalerous]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join