It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO or Type 1 Civilization?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Im pro nwo, i don't belive the oppresion or evilness people promote about the NWO, we need one goverment, and sub govt for countries. When we meet aliens we need to unite under one flag, which represents EARTH not just the ole u.s of a. Our main goal should be space exploration, we have lost our sense of adventure. My dream job is a galactic miner

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Any progress/development scale based exclusively on science, technology and economics that dismiss every other aspect that composes human life is a fallacy.

Besides a scale based on how a civilization harness energy/power from things that is created by scientists that don't exactly know everything about harnessing energy/power from things adds up to such a fallacy.

How could they measure the amount of energy present in a planet if they don't understand everything in it's whole?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
AWESOME THREAD! There are a few things about this video that really make me think.

First off, hes basically admitting that there are many other civilizations that weve already discovered. Would there be any other reason to create a classification table? Why would you need to categorize something that doesnt exist. Or that there is only one of? He later denies finding any others but its obviously a lie.

Secondly his moon robot factory expansion idea would be very effective, but its also very random for him to just come out and make a plan like that. Why not the planet itself in some cave or in a neighboring planet? My guess is that we are probably on the receiving end of such a plan and the scientific community knows it. Yes Im suggesting that there is a little interstellar robot and a factory on our own moon property of a category 2 or 3 civilization. I just cant believe an idea like that just popped into his head or that he was just thinking of how to spread our civilization through trillions of planets when we cant even take care of our own.

Lastly I would like to point out that what hes saying about the transition is absolutely true. As far as language goes, hes right. English has fortunately been the language of the most powerful people on earth. Meaning that you can only be so powerful and not speak English. Also, just take a look at race. 100 years ago it was EXTREMELY rare to find a mixed ethnicity child. Now, its not even something people think about. In fact, Im white and my child will most likely be half Korean. My best friend's will most likely be half black. Actually, now that I think about it, the majority of my close friends are dating outside of their race. After so many years, we will not be easily identified from which country we originate from, but the planet.

Great post.

link   
I loved Doopers post, about the different kinds of levels that can exist in one place.

I think people in the western world are fearful of it, as we feel that as we currently belong to and live in the most advanced part of our world, that we are the top of the evolutionary ladder at the moment. The NWO idea as I see it, and the ideas that the Venus Project propose are unfortunately for the benefit of the few, and so an Elitist priveledge.

Therefore us thats left then become the lower end of the scale, and the elite take the advancement of civilisation onwards into the type 1 being, which I believe is a long way away, but if they can condense the knowledge, education, the genetics and the power and money into a smaller proportion of the people, then they will be able to move on quicker, leaving everybody else to work it out for themselves.

I have watched sci-fi films since i was very young, and you always see a small minority of adventurers travelling the galaxy on behalf of planet earth, and you also see big business condensed into 1 or 2 very large corporations, that means again the very few benefit and the rest support it, such as in Blade Runner, and the veyr few that have the priveledge to meet the aliens in close encounters.

Its a fasinating subject, and one that I love, but I fear that the fear we have about the future is about being left behind and not in the gang.

Superb subject.

link   
reply to post by thomas_

I think that's based on our past usage and on real data that we have now regarding what we have used. That figure is then projected out factoring in our present level of technology which is expanding now much faster than ever before in human history at an ever increasing rate.

Critical Mass

[edit on 3-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren
Im white and my child will most likely be half Korean. My best friend's will most likely be half black. Actually, now that I think about it, the majority of my close friends are dating outside of their race. After so many years, we will not be easily identified from which country we originate from, but the planet.

Great post.

Thanks.

As a matter of fact I have another indepth thread in the works based on just that.

American=Mutt. Proudly

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I enjoy Kaku on the SCI channel. He is excellent at explaining everything.

in the first video he mentions the best way to colonize or explore the universe by an advanced civiization is to put robots on moons that can bulid a factory that will make more robots.

what if these advance civilizations dont use robots, instead, they use nautral life, meaning they send out colonies of creatures to far away habitable planets and let them evolve on their own checking on them when they can, or until they decide to live on the planet.

perhaps the advanced aliens are similar to humans and sent themselves or a sub-speices of themselves to our planet to begin colonizing it.

then why don't we have their technology?
it was possibly forgotten or they never sent it with us.
so we would not be above them in anyway.
or to let us figure the universe on our own until we become a type I civilization.

I think it would be highly possible for a few nations to become a type I civilization without total control of the entire world. which is why I believe NWO, the attempt to put every human under control of one government, is absolultely absurd and is alreadytaking away a number of our freedoms as human beings.

martial law is not the way to get to a type I civilization.

I think we will make it to type I civilization, but we need to stop fighting each other and come together for the common good of humanity.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by tooo many pills]

[edit on 3-10-2009 by tooo many pills]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I think we will make it to type I civilization, but we need to stop fighting each other and come together for the common good of humanity.

HaHa, Like that will happen

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't understand how a non-type 1 civilization can describe a type 1, 2 and 3, civilization. I think that people eat so much # off certain scientists, philosophers that the ones who really make sense of things are not even heard. Lets take Charles Dawrin, and his theory of evolution for example. Today, everyone has heard about the theory, and most believe it. So what if a lot of people believe one thing?

Well, those most and effect the rest of the world. They can make you feel as if you have to go along with it as well. In high school, we call it peer pressure. So today, everyone has some knowledge of the theory of evolution. But who knows what will happen later this day, week, month or years. There once was an accepted theory that the earth was flat. Do you get my point?

I think that civilization should be ranked by seeing how far a civilization can go, and how fast it can self-destruct. Take the creation of the A-bomb for example.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I love how we all talk about this topic, with definite answers, or comments, like we actually have justified to ourselves, that we know whats going on...

We haven't a clue, we wouldn't know a type 3 civilization is out there, even if it hovered around us. We are too fixated on our idea that,

" hey, we need to do something about the future of mankind, Ok lets just force people to work as one, because I feel I know how things need to be done, but Im not sure about the others, So naturally I will lead "

This is the mindset of our World's Leaders. They have mistaken their role as " Leader " for " Dictation without notice and support of all. We need to move forward together, rather than move forward as individuals meeting up with the rest.

Our next step is a One World Government, But only within a Community Patched Quilted Society.

Divided we Believe, Together we move Forward.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

First off, hes basically admitting that there are many other civilizations that weve already discovered. Would there be any other reason to create a classification table? Why would you need to categorize something that doesnt exist. Or that there is only one of? He later denies finding any others but its obviously a lie.

Secondly his moon robot factory expansion idea would be very effective, but its also very random for him to just come out and make a plan like that. Why not the planet itself in some cave or in a neighboring planet? My guess is that we are probably on the receiving end of such a plan and the scientific community knows it. Yes Im suggesting that there is a little interstellar robot and a factory on our own moon property of a category 2 or 3 civilization. I just cant believe an idea like that just popped into his head or that he was just thinking of how to spread our civilization through trillions of planets when we cant even take care of our own.

I agree with your first point about a classification table on something or someone that doesn't exist. but to the scientfic community its almost certain that they do exist, so that could be a reason for the table.

if we are on the receiving end of the colonization plan of a type II or III civilization, which is highly possible, then why does everyone keep it a secret? our government shouldn't keep a single secret from the taxpapers that keep the government itself alive.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Im white and my child will most likely be half Korean. My best friend's will most likely be half black. Actually, now that I think about it, the majority of my close friends are dating outside of their race. After so many years, we will not be easily identified from which country we originate from, but the planet.

Great post.

Thanks.

As a matter of fact I have another indepth thread in the works based on just that.

American=Mutt. Proudly

Proudly indeed. Think about it. America became prosperous because of the type of people that immigrated here. Our immigrants where courageous, brave, and intelligent enough to leave whatever country the were born in. We are all a culmination of their adventurous spirit and their brains. Nowadays, 1 in 10 businesses fail. Imagine how it must have been 300 years ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Jsmallz

See here's the deal...

Many around the world don't want that. We would be a state within a super state. Just like how we have it here in the United States. 50 states part of the greater whole each with their differences or for another example what the EU is attempting to become a super state with many different states/countries.

There will be resistance.

Exactly. MY perceptions will be different for the next guy's perceptions, and Those will be different from the next guy's perceptions, ad infinitum.

Where I see yet ANOTHER layer or two of government being foisted on humanity, at the same time as I view current over-governance to be a problem, the next guy may see all the "sameness" as a form of freedom, liberating him from the need to run the rat race, and all that.

There are likely to always be interpersonal issues, which get magnified to a national, or supernational (regional?) level. Human nature being what it is, there will always be those among us who presume to lord it over us, for our own good and that of the children, of course. There will always be yet others who think that guy at the top of the heap today is doing a bad job, and THEY could do better, by force if necessary. I don't really care what their rationale is, I don't feel a need to be micromanaged, and neither do I feel a need to be on the same level as anyone else, be they high or low.

There are more of me around, so yeah, there will be resistance.

Some folks appear to view this prospect as "democracy in action", all power given to the people. Others view the same situation as just another jackass at the top trying to increase the size of "his" heap, and bringing more resources under his umbrella, at the expense of "the people", who would only have the illusion of power.

I dunno, I reckon I can't really look at it objectively. In either case, whichever is the "objective reality", you are correct, there WILL be resistance.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree with Tootles. Excellent thread. I'm not so sure it would be as cut and dry as that. He seems to not realise that regardless of technological advancement we will still be human.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

That's not true at all. As technology advances we become closer to being general cybernetic organisms. Many of us are not completely human right now, as people walk around with microchip brain implants, hip replacements, artificial heart valves, metal plates, pace makers, robotic arms (prosthetics).

It's only a matter of time until we have prosthetic arms which are better than our real ones.

When we start replacing our legs, bones, arms, skulls... what are we then?

Ultimately, a human brain controlling a robot is not human.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Proudly indeed. Think about it. America became prosperous because of the type of people that immigrated here. Our immigrants where courageous, brave, and intelligent enough to leave whatever country the were born in. We are all a culmination of their adventurous spirit and their brains. Nowadays, 1 in 10 businesses fail. Imagine how it must have been 300 years ago.

Yeah I'll U2U when it's out.

Back on topic....

I'm all for a global civilization just that we have to be very careful what type.
It could very easily become a repressive government.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Are we being prepared?
Bare with me on this. I know another video but watch.

this guy is AMAZING ...

I already saw a lot of his videos ... everyone should watch .. he is smart and he isnt afraid to talk about it

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm all for a global civilization just that we have to be very careful what type.
It could very easily become a repressive government.

It could indeed. A lot of folks would have me believe it's going to go in the opposite direction, but of course that's based on THEIR perceptions of what "true" freedom is, which may differ from mine.

It would be an interesting exercise to do an objective survey of the world's inhabitants as it stands today, finding out which percentage lives under what sort of governance currently, and what their "tribal" history of governance is. As we all should realize, most folks are highly resistant to change, generally preferring what has become familiar to them.

A global society would likely go in the majority direction, if it were truly under a majority rule. What "they" have NOW, is likely what WE would have THEN.

There are what, around 6 billion voices currently with a say in the matter? I can't imagine a system that would be found satisfactory by EVERYONE.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Yeah I think many may have over looked that one. I highly recommend watching it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Another thought which strikes me is that any sort of "World Government" would amount to an empire.

Empires typically come about by conquest, rather than consensus.

It most likely IS an inevitability, but I sincerely hope my bloodline doesn't live to see it. I'd prefer my progeny not exist in a conquered world.

Not that my wants matter for much

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
who wants more

C2C INTERVIEW AUG 09
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join