It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Williams' Head Reportedly Severed, Beaten With Monkey Wrench At Cryonics Facility

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Ted Williams' Head Reportedly Severed, Beaten With Monkey Wrench At Cryonics Facility

www.huffingtonpost.com

"He watched an Alcor official swing a monkey wrench at Williams' frozen severed head to try to remove a tuna can stuck to it."

"The disembodied face set in that awful, frozen scream looked nothing like any picture of Ted Williams I've ever seen"

Alcor Life Extension Foundation of Scottsdale, Ariz., issued a statement on its Web site denying the allegations and promising legal action.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Is this for REAL!?

This is the MOST Bizarre story I have read in a good time.

Severed heads of famous people in jars in the future? Are we building the foundations of Futurama by saving celebrity heads?

MACABRE!

ALCOR

Futurama: Heads In Jars

www.huffingtonpost.com

[edit on (10/3/09) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Boston Herald: Slugger Ted Williams’ head batted around?

Wiki: Ted Williams
"Theodore Samuel "Ted" Williams (August 30, 1918–July 5, 2002) was a left fielder in Major League Baseball. He played 21 seasons with the Boston Red Sox...he is generally considered one of the greatest hitters ever."

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I had no idea they were freezing heads.

I am curious as to how a can of tuna got stuck to Teds head...

I also missed the wrench part in the title.

So how did the tuna can get stuck to his head

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Is this for REAL!?

This is the MOST Bizarre story I have read in a good time.

Severed heads of famous people in jars in the future? Are we building the foundations of Futurama by saving celebrity heads?

MACABRE!

ALCOR
Futurama: Heads In Jars

www.huffingtonpost.com

I hope not! Although the episode with Nixon running for president, winning, and ending up with a monster robot body was funny.

Think about it - if this technology was tweaked to perfection to work - would you want to be in a glass jar, absolutely dependent on everyone? Maybe you would get that robot body though. Then again, could you imagine all the NWO elites running the world from the convenience of their life-sustaining glass jars? It'd be insane.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I was wondering the same thing.
I also wonder why, if true, the face would be set in a "scream". Why not just let a dead man's face alone?

I don't think that this is real. In the last sentence of the excerpt, it says that Alcor is denying the allegation. I guess we'll see though.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I had no idea they were freezing heads.

I also missed the wrench part in the title.

So how did the tuna can get stuck to his head

"In sickening detail, Johnson claims two lab workers bashed the legendary slugger’s frozen skull with a wrench to dislodge it from its pedestal: a Bumble Bee tuna can.

“Little gray chunks of Ted’s head flew off, peppering the walls, skittering across the floor and sliding under the machinery,”

EW. Thats how.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm calling bovine dejecta on this one. It has all the hallmarks of a classical urban legend. Well-known celebrity, bizarre technology, macabre situation, horrifying mistreatment of remains...

AFAIK, all cryogenically preserved humans are just heads. Saves space, I guess. You can cram in what? -- 5-6 heads where you'd only get one body.

I doubt whether the heads are just kept in the freezer. They'd be contained in airtight containers, in order to avoid them from getting "freeze-dried" (A/K/A "freezer burn). In freezers, especially frost-free ones, there is a slight vacuum that prevents frost from precipitating onto surfaces. However, that slight vacuum causes the ice in frozen items to slowly vaporize into water vapor. Over time, all the water "evaporates", leaving the item dried out. Not good, if you want to thaw it out some day and hope it will work. So they'd have to keep the heads in an airtight container to avoid freezer burn.

As for the whole technology, it's probably a crock anyway. By the time the person is known to be dead, his brain will have started to die from lack of oxygen. After all, that's how we define death, as brain death. Either they freeze the head when it's still working (he's still alive), or the guy's dead for real and his brain is gone. Even if they go for doing it when he's alive, I can't imagine they are able to decapitate him and get the head frozen in time to save the brain.

Finally, there is almost zero chance that they'd use cat food cans for pedestals for the heads. Either they wouldn't use anything, or they'd use something a bit more aesthetic. Like plastic stands made for the purpose. I can't imagine letting a cat run around in there, but who knows?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The heads aren't even exposed. They're in sizable cylindrical, metal containers that are similar to those used in milk then they're inserted in the openings of their metal floors. And it's freezing there.

Saw this one in a documentary in the 80s (or early 90s. I forgot). The person being interviewed is saying that its purpose is to revive these people in the future once the technology to revive them is created. I forgot how much it is to have them cut your head and shove them in a freezer but all I can say is that you have to have a sizable chunk of cash to be given such service. It looks like a scam. By the time the tech to revive those heads is created, people's consciousness/minds/souls are being digitized already.

It's almost 2010 and they're still heads in a very expensive freezer... or are they?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Unregistered]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If I can remember correctly, In the cryogenics contracts there is a clausule that describes that as soon as there is technology developed to get you back from the dead, they have to bring you back.

Doesn't surprise that technology will not be developed because there isn't any one possible for this technique.

Indeed, one major scam...

BTW, I liked the Futurama references.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Did anybody actually read the linked article?????

Johnson says Alcor used the cans, from a cat that lived on the premises, as pedestals for the heads.

Williams' head was being transferred from one container to another when the monkey wrench incident took place, Johnson said in the book. When the head was removed from the first container, Johnson described it.

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...

They used the cans as pedestals for the freezing process apparently and then after they were frozen they would remove the cans (which had been frozen to the heads during the process) with monkey wrenches before they were transferred to the long term holding container. This guy missed.

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Ummm, what??? This million-dollar operation used tuna cans to hold up the heads of dead frozen people? What?
Surely for the amount of money the dead-heads spend, they could use more expensive oyster cans, no?

I dunno.....hard to believe and even harder to imagine. Next thing we'll read is they've upgraded this antiquated can-system and are now suspending them like piñatas!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've read through this whole thread, and the news link, and I still don't get if this is real or not? I figure it isn't..

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It all sounds very plausible to me. Anyone who is involved in freezing peoples heads is capable of all kinds of deviant behaviour. The irony of using a baseball legends frozen head for batting practice is probably not lost on them.

Now if the cat licks the spot where the can was and gets it tongue frozen to the head and the techs have to beat it to death to get it off, then I might be surprised!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This story sounds fishy,

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
This story sounds fishy,

Yeah, the story is really flounder-ing.

Seriously though, think about how much money they paid to have this man frozen and stored here. And they put his severed head ON DISPLAY on A TUNA CAN.

And somehow people think their bodies can be frozen and reliably stored until Futurama becomes real and they can wake up "in the world of tomorrow?"

I mean he's been frozen what? Under a decade if I recall correctly.

Just a travesty. I wonder if the tuna can was sealed, or if the simians running the joint had already worked it open with crude stone tools?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Don't hate me, but I kinda have to laugh. I mean thats just so bizarre and ridiculous that I don't know what else to do.

Someone made the futurama comparison, and I don't think with stuff like this going on that we're living too far removed from some sort of cartoon reality..

I mean, dub tee eff?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OP, I thought this was hilarious! Good find
Sounds like cods-wallop, but the whole thing is a scam, so who knows what the perps might do?

reply to post by octotom

I also wonder why, if true, the face would be set in a "scream". Why not just let a dead man's face alone?
When people die, their jaw muscles relax, so the mouth just hangs open. I suppose you could describe that as "set in a scream", if the idea was to add a more macabre twist to the story. You could equally say "set to catch flies".
(Edit to add pun. Sorry.)

[edit on 3/10/09 by Bunken Drum]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Weirdest story I read all year.

Does sort of make me believe in Karma as Mr. Williams, in life, was reportedly not the nicest of human beings, to say the least.

Probably the best pure hitter to ever play the game though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join