It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my [ hopefully ] rational analysis of the 2016 olympic bid voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
hi - some people seem to think that the results of the 2016 olympic bids are either a snub aimed at president Obama personally , general anti americanism or some other conspiracy

FFS - cettain people allegedly claim that the elimination of the chicago bid " prooves " that obama is a bad president

please try looking at the 4 finalists with some care - i believe that there WAS a conspiracy to award the honour to brazil [ i even put my money where my mouth was and placed a 5 pound bet - net winnings 40 pounds ]

but it had nothing to do with anti americanism or anti obama sentiments

the contenders - in no particular order

madrid

chicago

tokyo

rio de janiro

there was nothing flawed about any of the bids - all would have made superb olympic hosts

but the olympics is allegedly about world harmony and intergration through sport - not eliteism and

so its my opinion that the IOC and others conspired to engineer the brazilian win - simply to move the olyompics out of the rutt of the same old countries

they rejected brazils last bid for the 2012 games - simply because it was weak and likley to end in a disaster

now the brazilians have lerned thier lesson - and restructured thier bid and secured promises of investment - to put together a bid that will produce a successfull olympics

chicago was rejected - not ecause of any ` snub ` - but because the USA has nosted 2 summer games in the last 25 years and winter games too

tokyo survived to the final 3 because its bid was flawless [ but has already hosted a games ]

madrid had the emotional support of an ex IOC president [ spain has already hosted a games too ]

leaving rio de janiro which was already [ allegedly ] the defacto victor

as thier bid presentation pointed out - there has never been a olympic games in south america - they have a great sporting reputation - have hosted several top level football [ soccer ] tournaments - including world cup

so why not the olympics ? - well why not ?????

brazil tabled a credible bid that will work - ergo the IOC ` gave ` them the games

its that simple [ IMHO ]

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE THINK ITS ALL ABOUT THE usa OR ITS PRESIDENT ???

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't think it helped two children were beaten too death in the streets outside school the day before this bid.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Who gives a crap? I was happy that the Olympics will be done in South America. It is about time South America get some good news, noticed besides their dance skills and Chavez. The media simply want you to believe the world is out to screw Obama for being a "bad president" or that the world is anti-American, but that would toss out all the sucking up Obama has done as opposed to the hand-holding-while-dumping-money-to-banks he does in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I don't even think there was a conspiracy that Rio got it. I remember at the end of the Beijing games, Bob Costas made a big deal about who Rio was a front runner for the Olympics and that South America had never had it.

Considering that one of the goals of the Olympics is to bring the world together, it makes perfect sense that Rio got it instead of places that have had the Olympics before.

As an American, I was glad that Chicago didn't have get it, considering that we've had the Olympics at least three hundred thousand times.

top topics

join