It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Bush told Houston Journalist: If Elected. "I'm Going to Invade Iraq"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Governor Bush told Houston Journalist: If Elected. "I'm Going to Invade Iraq"

www.globalresearch.ca

Two years before the 9/11 attacks on America, George W. Bush told a Houston journalist if elected president, “I’m going to invade Iraq.”

Bush made the comments about starting an aggressive war to veteran Houston Chronicle reporter Mickey Herskowitz, then working with Bush on his book “A Charge To Keep,” later brought out by publisher William Morrow.

This disclosure was uncovered by Russ Baker, an award-winning investigative reporter when he interviewed Herskowitz for his own book...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I am a political athiest with no axe to grind but I still find this newsworthy to say the least.

The revelations have been made by journalists with excellent reputations who worked for major papers, published books with mainline publishers, and won awards. This is no wide-eyed psychotic rambling from a luridly-colored Geocities site. This really happened.

I will leave it to the ATS braintrust to sort out the details, but it appears Bush wanted to go into Iraq one way or another a long time before 9-11.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
None of them are worth trusting.

It's all insipid. I don't know how people can elect liars to represent them.

Bush was probably only doing what he was told.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I have been telling people for years that I can imagine Dubya sitting in his executive box watching a baseball game, sucking on a cigar (Havana probably) and sipping on a Bourbon. And telling his cronies, "You guys get me elected Governor, and in a few years President, and I'll finish what my Daddy couldn't. I'll get Saddam by his short and curlies, by gollie."

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Great thread.

It is worth looking back in the name of introspection.

Interesting quote from article in OP:

Baker said he believed if a major daily ran his Herskowitz interview it “could have changed the election” but “I could not get it published.”

Aside from the myriad of reasons why many posters on this site despise the MSM, mine is plain and simple. They (MSM) failed to do a thorough job in investigating the phony reasons to invade Iraq. They failed to be a watchdog yet continue to expect freedom of press and access without any journalistic integrity, digging or backbone. Perhaps one could argue that the corporate heads wouldn't allow it or whatever.

My other fav quote was "a small war" to which I reply Jumbo Shrimp.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards...KK

[edit on 3-10-2009 by kinda kurious]

top topics

join