posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
Originally posted by masonicon
I wonder why many Anime and Cartoon Have Skinny Characters and what matters is it teach kids that being physically strong is unecessary.
Mainly because the animators want there characters this way especially large breasted young slim girls who usually act innocent. It's mainly a
reflection ion the individual artist. However there is also the simple fact that it is easier to draw a small skinny perfect girl than a overweight
large girl who would be more realistic. also the simple fact would you rather watch an anime with super hot cute little girls in and Muscle’y guys
who have epic fights than an anime with meh girls and scrawny guys who can't even pick up a brush never mind a sword or weapon? Also drawing and
animating realistic facial tones spots Greece blackheads etc is rather hard unless you have billions of pounds to spend on unprecedented C.G.I
Having read all the posts in this thread I have to say a few things.
1. Its not bad to like anime characters (think there Hawt.) because that’s what the animators intend in the first place.
2. Cosplay is awesome I have done it. I have a cosplay of a giant Totoro ( a giant blue bear sort of thing from Hiyo miyazaki’s my neighbour totoro.
although it's not so giant on me only being 5ft 7) and mainly it's about having fun doing it. Of course some people take it more seriously than
others but then again that always happens.
3. if you want to know about any good animes just ask me i collect them have over 100 different animes and have watched far more.
3. Western animation does seem to be geared around selling first as suggested. however that doesn’t mean that eastern animation isn't made to sell
things. for instance games get made into animes (Final Fantasy Pokemon Digimon, dot hack etc) and companies sometimes make animes to sell there stuff
like the popular vocaloid programs. it hard not to hear about Hatsune miku Rin or Len to name a few of the program mascots in Japan, and I have
recently heard that after having released games key chains plushies cosplay’s and so much more (some stuff that even I find strange.) they are now
releasing an anime based on the vocaloid game featuring the biggest vocaloid character and my fave character Hatsune miku. Also you usually get but
loads of sponsors just after the opening credits and before the anime starts or after the ending credits have ended. (most popular are Bandai Sony Mc
Donalds and Dolby)
4. If you want more animes with cameras in i can suggest, eureka7.
5. If you do not know yet then it is inevitable that along as there has been anime there has also been "hentai" translation (loosely) means pervert.
this is basically just carton porn but the Japanese being as good as they are at animation its rather more vivid taking on allot of forms to suit
everyone’s tastes if you have seen an anime no doubt there is an accompanying hentai or doujin/ pornographic comic strip or fan made pictures.
[edit on 4-5-2010 by crimson tears shini]