It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anime and Cartoon Characters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I wonder why many Anime and Cartoon Have Skinny Characters and what matters is it teach kids that being physically strong is unecessary.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
You mean stuff like this ...
Youtube Link ...
... totally inappropriate, but a good parody of how everything has to be "extreme" to be of interest to today's youth.

[edit on 2009-10-3 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Youtube Link ...
... totally inappropriate, but a good parody of how everything has to be "extreme" to be of interest to today's youth.

That was interesting......

Its funny because thats how the majority of youtube talks.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Youtube Link ...

Forgot About Youtube, lets talk about Skinny anime and cartoon characters.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Have you ever watched DragonBall Z?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
spongebob has to be in that list.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

When it comes to anime.. The last thing I usually notice is their weight.

When it comes to the typical girl power anime there are two factors.

Very large guns, that they couldn't possibly shoot.

Very large breasts that their back couldn't possibly support during all their acrobatics.

And then sometimes they throw in giant robots.

But in anime, its kind of accepted that they don't have many overweight people. As Japan doesn't have many overweight people to begin with. (Watch out for the Sumo!)

But for some reason all the people in japanese anime are white. I never understood this.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I believe that this is tantamount to my video i'll post now.

Second line

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Because that's the anime style I suppose, the main character is almost always skinny. I personally don't think kids are going to be comparing themselves to cartoon characters, but that's just my opinion. Keep in mind that most anime shows like Dragonball Z were actually created over 15 years ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I must have fallen for it because i get horny over anime characters nowdays >< is somthing wrong with me ;O? ergo proxys lil mayer is hawt

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

But for some reason all the people in japanese anime are white. I never understood this.

White as in Caucasian features or the color of the skin?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered

White as in Caucasian features or the color of the skin?

according the Simpsons style the Japanese people and east asians are have lighter skin than Caucasians.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
xaxx dragonball z is pretty cool,its couse of dragonball z i like HITTING THE GYM ^__^
couse i like feeling that im going ssj4 when i benchpress and i dont have any power level and i start screaming like vegeta

well its not really healthy to be skinny,but everyone should be as they like,but its cool to have atleast some muscles,how are going to defend your wife/life if u wait 20lbs? well we have guns (: but still...you cant always shoot everyone..or could you XD

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I personally have never felt compelled to watch Anime in recent years. As a kid I used to watch it a bit, but now I just find it extremely boring. However the characters that featured, especially in the older cartoons, were all pretty skinny; even doctors and scientists generally appear skinny and quite fit physically. It's just the style, cartoons like the Simpsons, Futurama, Aqua Teens food force, any of the animated batman series' etc portray people from all backgrounds with any kind of physical features (fat, skinny, muscular etc) so I'm guessing that the characters come out as a reflection of life in particular cultures.

Ramadwarf on cartoon characters

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

As in the color.

Very few anime have actually drawn a japanese person the right color of skin.

Unless they are old. Then for some reason they color them properly, while the young japanese people have white skin.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Japanese anime was inspired by mickey mouse and Betty boo cartoons. Hence the large eyes.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

As in the color.

Unless they are old. Then for some reason they color them properly, while the young japanese people have white skin.

Forgot about Skin Color, lets talk about Anime Characters Haircuts.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

As in the color.

Some anime Characters are get their names from their Skin color.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Never liked the art in anime.

One thing about it is it's very minimalistic. With the style that goes into anime it is usually kind of difficult to make them look different.

Seriously, remove the hair from a anime character, and they pretty much all look alike.

That's not universal, but in most of the shows it is.

As for their ridiculous strength versus their relative scrawniness... well, you have a few things there.

Most characters in anime are super powered, and their abilities are exaggerated regardless.

And it's not just anime, though. Comic books often do the same. Spiderman, as example is usually shown as being fairly scrawny.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
And there's plenty of Anime etc. that simply isn't for kids. Also the fat characters are usually really really fat

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join