It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Invisible Force

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thankfully you have the off switch click into action rather than the go nuts switch that alot of people have. Perhaps different chemicals being released at this time in your brain opposed to people who just 'click' it and go mental.

For a more religious/spiritual viewpoint people who believe in Islam believe in the Jinn, they're spirit creatures much like ourselves but are invisible. They come in all shapes and sizes, and even religions!

Anyway a person has a Jinn attached to them throughout life, it is said that when a person becomes angry their Jinn can take control of their body and wage a terrible battle against their joint enemy 'clicking it' in a psychotic rage. I suppose you may have a very peaceful jinn who steps in at the last moment to keep you on a path of peace, maybe you have a Jinn who is buddhist?

Just things to think about in connection to it all...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

Interesting, I haven't heard of the 'Jinn' before ShadowScholar, would you be able to explain more about them in relation to Islam? For instance, are the Jinn discussed commonly within the religion?

It is even more interesting that they haven't been described as angels but have their own category.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by freeradical

I'd be happy to FreeRadical.

There is actually quite alot of information about Jinn in the islamic faith, both in the Koran and in many accompanying works. I'll go through the story of the Jinn as told to me by an islamic exorcist whom i've met. This guy is pretty interesting too but that's an aside.

I'll make it clear i am not personally an adherent of the islamic faith and if i get anything wrong don't be offended anyone out there it was a while ago i had this conversation, please help me to expand my own knowledge instead thanks!

Basically of all his creations god decided first he would make angels, and we already know about them so i wont go too far into the topic. God made angels out of light as the stories say.

Next he made the Jinn, he made them from smokeless fire, and in many respects they were as we were now, with kings and queens, rich and poor, and were allowed to freely choose religions for themselves. The jinn also had the power of free thought. Imagine them if you will to be almost exactly like us but made from another 'material', existing on another plane of existence.

After the Jinn had been created god decided to make people, he didn't make them out of light, and they didnt come from the smokeless fire, but god said, these are the pinnacle of my creation bow before them!

Now the Jinn were a little confused as to what the hell was going on, they were made of smokeless fire, they were surely greater than this dirt! One of the great kings of the jinn, Iblis (also know as shaitan/satan), said that he would NEVER prostrate himself before them. Because of this Iblis was cast from gods graces, and swore to forever lead men astray so they would never enter heaven. Obviously a large number of Jinn supported him in this way and followed him.

Because of this you could imagine that some jinn are good and some bad, some follow the path to enter heaven and some wish to lead you away. They can be jewish, islamic, christian, zoroastrian or any other wonderful thing. They've also been known to speak different languages and even have different accents.

Some people who are into that thing might call them, spirits, spiritual teachers, ascended masters or even, when confronting a nastier one a demon

WARNING pure conjecture approaching - - Possibly the reason they're so close to us as opposed to say angels is the fact they were made relatively close to humans in the timeline of being created or even the materials used?

Most people would know of a jinn as a demon, as an enlightened one would not bother a human as this is a grave sin to them, whereas the followers of Iblis will have a go at whispering, possession etc.

Hope that was vaguely helpful!?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Thought i'd even go so far as to provide some light reading on the subject.

Jinn/Djinn
en.wikipedia.org...

This includes references from the koran and the bible regarding Jinn.

Iblis/Shaitan
en.wikipedia.org...

This talks about who Iblis was.

cheers!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ever since I was a little kid I was the same with animals and insects. And for as long as I can remember I have had dreams where I'm about to get into a fight with someone and that invisible force just weakens my arms and I just cant hit them. This is all within dreams however. It kind of scares me though since I feel powerless

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Thank you for posting further information, I learn something new every day on ATS!

I didn't realise that the Genie in the tales of Aladdin was in fact a portrayal of a Jinn, this opens up a whole new aspect of the world of Islam and of Middle Eastern culture to me.

I for one would like to encourage you to start a new thread with the subject matter being the Jinn.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Anyway, I opened the jar near the ground, and after a bit of gentle shaking, managed to get it out onto the grass where it crouched quivering with understandable fear. I then assured it that I was not going to hurt it and it was free to go, and told it to stay away from humans. Then it jumped up and down on the spot sqeaking with apparent joy, ran over my foot and into a pile of dead leaves. I just sat and bawled my eyes out for even considering letting the cats kill it.

I've experienced similar things - as have other people I've known

science would tell you you're anthropomorphizing

I think science needs to catch up - and realize it's about more than just us - that we're not the only ones that think, feel and express

it's getting closer

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I shall once i reach 20 posts! I shall also write of many more interesting things perhaps, such as the difference between Islam and being a Muslim, but i don't want to derail SD, so perhaps I'll leave it for now.

This thread is great to see that there are so many peaceful types left in the world though. It gives me a feeling that there is hope left and we're not all running around eating our own heads!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I was going to welcome you in the other thread - but I'll just do it here

welcome to ATS - a good addition I think

I liked hearing about the Jinn

I knew someone once who used them to explain a bunch of stuff

:-)

I especially liked that you explained the Jinn can also be peaceful - these days people seem to go out of their way to say that they're not

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I think it's a good to remember that there are good things and good people out there...

Its too easy to get stuck on the negative.

One must always remember, it only takes a candle to light the darkest room, as long as the good stay strong they can overcome.

Also Schrodinger's Dog, that was an excellent post you did about the woman who is having her house repossessed, with people stealing her stuff in the street. You're a candle in the dark buddy!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join