It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Invisible Force

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

All I can say to that is, there are alot of humans who don't have any
humanity coming to them. As for them I would drop em in a heart beat
for ithe sake of the innocent. I'm talking about the bombers of children asleep in their beds. Concentration camp Commendants the war mongers
and all the alikes.
I also at the same time have gotten sick to my stomach and wailed openly
because a dog ran right in front of my car.I mean I was crushed and it
took days to get over it. So what about that? On one hand I pretty much now exactly what you mean.
On the other hand, I don't even believe we're in the same universe.
For me,well that just blows my mind.
Honestly

Oh one more thing partner. Masculenity hasn't got a damn thing to do with
it.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

So, when you're driving down the road and bugs start going splat on your windshield, do you pull over and cry? Perhaps wipe them off and hold impromptu funeral services?

And just out of curiosity, are you a vegetarian? Because if not then I think it would be a tad bit hypocritical for someone who can't even kill an insect to expect other people to murder animals for their own consumption.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
You are not a wimp or anything, you just have a heart
and a big one at that

Well I am not one to want to hurt anyone or anything really. I am highly allergic to bees and I was in the pool a few weeks ago and one was in it drowning basically. Well I scooped it out of the water (very well knowing it could sting me) and onto the pool deck. It dried itself off and after a few mins it flew away. I felt bad for it even though most would have killed it. I didnt think that way. I thought well it got stuck so let me help it out
It came back about a min later and it had a buddy with it and I though "oh no Im getting stung" well I didnt it flew all around me the rest of the time I was there and it never bothered me
which is good because I really didnt want a shot that day..lol

I dont like to hurt any living thing. I feel everything has a right to live even spiders which I am terrified of!! I do swat at mosquitoes as well, they leave nasty welts on me that I dont like

My ex one night went outside and killed the raccoons that use to pop their cute little faces in on my sliding glass door to the living room. They would sit there and peek in and sometimes just sit there and look at me or sleep. It was so cute. Sometimes they got in the garbage but it was no biggie to me, I just cleaned it up. Well my ex went out one night and I had no idea what he was doing until I heard a shot and he came back in. I was so mad and upset at him I even cried. He teased me for it but I didnt feel they needed to be killed for heavens sake. I actually liked it when they sat in the sliding door window. They were so curious and they looked like they were younger and not adults. I didnt speak to my ex for almost two days after that!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
They were so curious and they looked like they were younger and not adults. I didnt speak to my ex for almost two days after that!

Such an action on anyone's part can bring out that other side in me. In fact I'd say the kind are far more capable of navigating the dark side. To think it is weakness is pure folly. I guess it's an Archangel Michael kind of thing.

Who could have interest in continuing to talk with someone who could just shoot something for no damned reason? The person isn't sane if a racoon is so much trouble to them. Where do they get off? It isn't for food. It isn't for survival. It's for tilting over a lousy garbage can.

I hate ATS T&C. I have to be nice.

[edit on 10/3/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Who could have interest in continuing to talk with someone who could just shoot something for no damned reason? The person isn't sane if a racoon is so much trouble to them. Where do they get off? It isn't for food. It isn't for survival. It's for tilting over a lousy garbage can.

I hate ATS T&C. I have to be nice.

I have house pets that I let outside for part of the day. Sorry, but racoons carry rabies and are covered with fleas. I don't agree with killing them on the spot.

He could have trapped them and moved them to a more remote area, but that would have taken more time than a bullet.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
I have house pets that I let outside for part of the day.

I never see them in the day as they are nocturnal unless they have young. Also, I question such judgement.

Sorry, but racoons carry rabies and are covered with fleas. I don't agree with killing them on the spot.

Haven't had a problem. I most likely won't. I feed them leftovers on a regular basis.

He could have trapped them and moved them to a more remote area, but that would have taken more time than a bullet.

Being impulsive or proving something to one's pathetic self in an act of cruelty is often easier than being kind, unless kindness is the default. I suppose this way of thinking is our problem. It amazes me how many identify with it while complaining about others with the same attitudes but more money and better connections.

[edit on 10/3/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

You are lucky not to have had a problem with the raccoons. I had some once that got into my chimney, and I had a huge flea problem that took a really long time to get rid of in my house.

Where I live, some raccons do come out when they get sick with rabies during the day. We have been warned by our Parish to stay away from them, since several have been trapped and found to carry rabies.

I do think they are adorable, and had a friend who would actually purchase food for them every day. She lived in a heavily wooded area. Needless to say, each raccoon told two friends, and so on, and so on. I went over there one night and there had to be at least 50 of them waitng for their food. They became so bold that they would pound on the sliding glass door, and the windows to get the food, or when it ran out.

It's cool you give them scraps and all, but, don't let them get dependant on that, or they will expect it. I believe in nature running it's course with wild animals, and that they should find their own food.

When I lived in the Wisconsin north woods, people would feed deer who would have normally died during a rough winter, causing a population explosion. That, I didn't agree with because a lot of them ended up suffering in the winter time afterall.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Things diverge into two camps where someone will make adjustments to the wildlife around them versus trying to force it to accomodate them. The former way results in a much more peaceful relationship. The second is just results in a clash.

If entrance into the chimney is a problem, maybe the chimney should be securely capped.

Food goes a distance from the house so there isn't a close association to the source. They don't get enough to supplant natural foraging but at least something enjoys it rather than it being in the trash cans. Since the leftover bits aren't in them, they don't even try the cans.

So, some willingness to accomodate rather than dominate actually gets me the best of all worlds-- no need for death squads and happy, non-intrusive wildlife around.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

So, when you're driving down the road and bugs start going splat on your windshield, do you pull over and cry? Perhaps wipe them off and hold impromptu funeral services?

Don't be silly, of course not ... although on time I was driving cross country, and I was speeding down a deserted road in Nevada, and I hit a but with the grill of my can. It got me really upset, birds always play with cars flying in front of them. This one misjudged it ... I still think about it sometimes and it breaks my heart.

I just don't feel right overtly taking a life of something by my hand as a intentional gesture, that's all.

And just out of curiosity, are you a vegetarian? Because if not then I think it would be a tad bit hypocritical for someone who can't even kill an insect to expect other people to murder animals for their own consumption.

I am now as of the last few months. For a long I guess I was a hypocrite in your eyes.

There are many other things I find myself not always being consistent with ... it isn't always simple and some things take work and time. I don't consider folks hypocrites or judge them if their intent is virtuous, I just understand that life isn't that simplistic. Actually I try not to judge period, but that too is sometimes hard to maintain ... I guess I would be a hypocrite there too.

Keep in mind that I don't extrapolate beliefs from my own life and apply them to others therefore I doesn't really upset me if others eat meat or hunt (as long as they eat what they kill). It's not really about that. I just happen to know how it feels for ME to take a life and I avoid it if I can.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I am now as of the last few months. For a long I guess I was a hypocrite in your eyes.

we all do the best we can do - we make the best decisions we can make - for ourselves

not everyone will choose the same things - or see the world the same way

nobody's business but our own

:-)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yep, I kill mosquito too, don't give it much thought either. ITS THEM OR ME WHERE I LIVE. I like to have a nice yard, I kill Moles Too. I have tried talking to them every way I know how, and they just keep coming back tearing up the yard, its them or me. But, on the other hand when I see a squirrel or deer laying on the road, I feel bad about it. I also feel bad about all the life lost in these useless wars. So I guess I forget about the small stuff sometimes.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've been fortunate enough to have been able to avoid most physical fights in my life, except for maybe three occasions. During two of these I simply didn't fight back (mostly because it was futile), but one time I "snapped" and tried to hit the guy bullying me.
Interestingly enough, and this is a sensation I will never forget in my life, every single one of my punches either stopped a couple of mm short of his face, or felt like they were hitting a giant fluffy pillow even though I was putting all of my strength and weight into them. Something was holding me back and it wasn't the bystanders. It really was the strangest feeling I've ever had and one of the very few events I remember from when I was that age.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Whatever it takes for you to get your point across is all you need.

I had a similar accident. 5 kids, and then me, as in I was not part of their little group.

Words exchanged (words ARE a weapon), I ended up giving him a nice blow to the face and put him out. No one did anything. I had no intent of continuing...but after that, we never had a run in again.

My point? I could have either let it happen for who knows how long, and show the person that I do care, and will fight for what I believe in.

People, violence is SOMETIMES the answer. SOMETIMES...is the key word. T

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's truly amazing that the human race as a species has made it this far.

This only proves that the indoctrination and domestication over the centuries has/is working and our most simple and basic instinct is being all but wiped out from our species.

Our basic instinct to survive. That's what happened to the dinosaurs....They felt remorse and campassion for those they were killing so they all starved.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
yes, I have that same force, I rember my arm going limp.

Same principle as holding out your arm and asking questions and seeing if it will saty stron or go limp etc I think.

I also feel violated by tragic pictures and videos etc, and am so sad to be somewhat desensitised since 911...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I feel at home with what you're saying Schrodinger's Dog and I have a few things to share =)

I once spent a great deal of effort to safely remove a mouse from my home in Baltimore. I eventually got the (now Pam oil-spray-covered mouse, don't ask lol) into a large opaque plastic bag. I brought the bag to the corner of the block and opened it. The mouse scurried out, stopped, turned back and looked directly at me eyes, then ran away! It was awesome, it was as though that little mouse understood my Buddhist mentality of compassion to value its life.

I thought of another incident that could be shared here, although not exactly in-tune with the thread.

I have a crazy ex. She grew up in a tough neighborhood and she could hit; I saw her punch a man on a bus once! At one point she knew I was leaving and decided to try to beat the crap out of me! But it didn't turn out as she hoped.

She punched me in the nose, totally unexpected for me, but the force of it threw me back over the table onto the couch. She then jumped on top of me with a forceful barrage of punches to my back! This went on for a good minute! I was shocked and stunned. BUT - I didn't feel a thing! I felt that she was hitting me but it very literally just felt like small taps. I could feel her anger but it deflecting off of me like water from a duck. I was utterly unaffected by her.

After a minute I had had enough and I said firmly, "ENOUGH!" at which point she burst off of me in disbelief. I had never seen her like that, she was staring at me in disbelief and said, "You didn't even feel that did you?"

It was bizarre, magical, and a total shock. Although I'm a Reiki master and have always worked with energy in various ways I had no idea I had the inate ability to do what I had just accomplished on an almost subconcious level.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have a deal with the universe, by the way. I don't kill things UNLESS they come into my bathroom lol. I made a statement that anything [spiders, flies, etc] that comes in my bathroom will die. I hold to it and just play the part of the hooded axeman when they come in there.

I did this because it's both annoying and it's pretty unlikely they're going to get out of there anyway, 3 rooms and a hallway from a door.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That was a very good post, Mr. Dog.

I don't think it makes anything less of you, infact I think it takes guts to express your fears, inabilities and shortcomings, with yourself, and especially with others.

I was once like you. I was taught that every living thing matters, has value. I lived like you did, whenever I'd see an injured animal or creature, I'd feel incredibly sad. I'd cry sometimes.

I did everything I could as a kid to be as good and helpful as possible to everyone around me. Not only animals, but i have also seen people abused. Especially for being different, for being gay, for being fat, for being skinny, for being short, for being a geek, for having acne, for being poor, etcetera.

And that too made me feel terrible, made me hate the world so intensely, the injustice of it all. The way that most human beings just could not feel or understand these feelings.

So intense, so overwhelming, the sadness at such acts.

But then, as time passed, I grew hard and cold.

I grew up, and my anger only built with time. I saw the world as it truly is, not a wonderful wrld built for life, but a teeming cesspool built to inspire death.

Life is not a beach, it's a sewer. You must survive. You must eat. You must do everything you can.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a terrible neighborhood. But I think it was a choice.

And I too was once afraid of seeing violent images. When i was a young kid someone, a friend, showed me a faces of death movie, and it traumatized me for many years.

But now I stand tall, agressive, ignorant and strong. Not that those are all something to be proud of, but those are just ways of describing myself without exaggerating.

But what I have decided, is that the World is a hard and dangerous place, and nobody cares about you. Just as you discovered when you saw those animals stealing from that old woman.

I didn't become mean and evil because I felt like being an evil man.

But I stopped being a cream puff and became Baron Von Godzilla because I refuse to allow my woman, my friends or my family come to harm due to these uncaring, unfeeling animals.

And if that means I must become an animal myself, so be it.

It's not the right way to live life, it's not the smart way, but it's my own way.

I hope this offers some perspective to you, Schro. I'm not advocating y ou or anyone try to act or be like me. Only that the way I dealt with it was by deliberately toughening up my mental resolve to handle those intense, scary situations. Somewhere along the way I became a monster myself.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Reminds me of dreams i sometimes have, of being in fights but not being able to take a swing at somebody. Like my fist would penetrate invisible gel that slowed it down. An invisible force.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

I'm not trying to be a giant ass when I say this, but they got in there and they can get out. Again, nothing against you, I kill spiders and mosquitos somewhat regularly myself, mosquitos because they WON'T STOP BITING ME EVERYWHERE and spiders because I just don't know which are poisonous and which aren't.

With snakes I tend to just leave them alone, i don't feel the need to cut their heads off with a shovel like some people do. If avoidable, I avoid them. If not, they die or I die. Life is like that.

But with spiders, they're just so small and I am so big, it feels like an elephant and a mouse, not sure if elephants are actually afraid of mice, but I have heard as a child they were, and I, so big, and still scared of tiny poisonous spiders. Or venomous, should I say? Anyway. I kill them because if one bites me, i have a slim chance of catching it or identifying it. And I won't die just because I want a spider to live.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join