It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has the banker bailout helped you personally?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I mean was it worth in your opinion the trillions of dollars that were spent? Those trillions of tax payer dollars they are now fighting tooth and nail not to reveal where it went I might add?

I personally have not been helped one bit. I know that the bigger banks used the money to buy up smaller banks. I know that they then went on to give themselves big fat bonuses within 3 months of receiving those funds. That did not help me either.

I know that my bank raised my fees on everything so it cost me more to keep my money there. I know that they are more rude then they used to be for no apparent reason. I think they realized that they could get away with bloody murder against us and we would just take it and pay them even more.

What do you think? Do you feel it was worth mortgaging our children's children's future so we could let the fat cats get fatter? Why do I feel so angry? Do others feel this way as well? I am just up late wondering about these things I guess because progress has been so hard this year for everyone I know but these big banks get huge bailouts and the states get fat stimulus packages but all we get is record unemployment and our money made worth a lot less. I think we got shafted but I do not know what we can do about it.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by wayouttheredude]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

i am now responsible as a tax payer for a ton of debt i personally didn't accumulate

wait.....

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

makes you feel special that you can get so far into debt and receive so little for it don't it?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've been helped by having other pi$$ed off people to chat with about the governments a$$4073ry. Also, not looking so crazy when speaking out in public about the tyranny and oppression is a plus...

Besides that, no no not really!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Is this a trick question?

Quick answer. NO

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I've been helped by having other pi$$ed off people to chat with about the governments a$$4073ry. Also, not looking so crazy when speaking out in public about the tyranny and oppression is a plus...

Besides that, no no not really!

Yea, I guess its helped me bond with others who are just as ticked off as I am. It making anti-government rants more acceptable is also a plus.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ah ha ha ha ha Ah ha ha ha ha ha LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Falls to the floor in tears, Ah ha ha ha ha lol ooo wee OMG LOL ha ha ha rolls around on floor grabbing stomach Woo wee hoo hoo hoo OMG LOL I think I am going to pee on my self.

Um Well as you can see this is the funniest concept ever.... I have not been helped in any shape form or fashion. Woo Hooo, wipes tears away...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I don't live or operate in the US but this is my opinion of our stimulus. The Australian government took out a $42 billion dollar loan and gave workers $900 each as well as spending it on some other programs. I was against doing this because paying interest on the $42 billion (might be more than that now) as well as dealing with the decreased revenue from the recession could place the nation and dollar in a very dangerous position.

That said, the months following the stimulus saw an increase in sales for my business. Those sales have all dried up now though and it's back to being as bad as it was before the stimulus. How much time will $42 BILLION buy you? A few months. Not worth it in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just imagine where we could be today if we took the 700 billion dollars of "our"
tax revenues and redistributed it to the people instead of the banks.

Some people would have deposited it into the bank for savings(banks become solvent)
Some people would spend it (sales and manufacturing increase)
Many would have paid off their debt (banks again win)
And some people would invest it (stocks and bonds we all gain)

But Nooooooooooooooo!

We keep our people locked in financial slavery and force them into financial ruin.
The Bankers get bonuses, and the system continues to crash.

NO, it has done nothing but set us all up, and our children, to fail.

I'm so angry, I could spit blood.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Absum!]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
So this has the one positive that it makes the theft by government more blatant and in your face as one poster has posited and has made anti-government rants more widely acceptable says another. That was at least more of the positive then I have been able to think of until this thread.

I see I am not alone in thinking we really really got screwed in this banker bailout. Spitting blood. I had not heard that one.

People mostly spit blood when they have gotten a bunch in the mouth. I guess some of do feel just about like we got punched in the face.

So far just 2 positives and those seem more like negatives when you think about them.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Personally. Me? Heh. It's really not about me, but about my kids and my grandkids, and most probably my greatgrandkids and beyond,
How ashamed I will be when, in the spirit world I meet these folks and they ask me why didn't do better for them,

And I will shamefully tell them, well, I just didn't see it coming and didn't know what to do.

As for me, now. Nothing. It's all been for nothing as far as I can discern.
My food costs have risen. Oh, hell, everthing has risen, except for my mortgate payment. Thank goodness for a contract, eh? My best bet is that my VA pension will match intflation and as the dollar is devalued, my house payment becomes cheaper. Ain't that what the econmists and banksters tell us?

Okay, so now I eat the black beans I grew in my garden this summer, instead of a hamburgher once a week. Not a problem, except when you consider I am not doing this for my health, and instead doing this out of necessity.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Brother I here you on the black beans. I have eaten a lot more of those as well and also a lot more rice. I have been getting the biggest bags I can on everything staple and stocking up because I just know that those food price4s are going t spike and pretty soon.

I feel kind of blessed that we had a lot of rain here this year and the crops are doing real well. The economy can fall but if the rain don't a lot of people go hungry around here.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Its helped me alot! about how mcuh the fed will help them out, and not us citizens* i was reading in todays paper, about AIG trying to get their hands on some kinda motorist fund here in CT, but was ruled illegal, so they couldnt do it. They knew it was illegal beforehand, and tried to make a move on it...if I did it, ide be lookng at 10 years in prison, if they attempt it, its jsut a slap on the wrist. Dont forget, and how easily we do..last year, the bailouts..some of those big banks were cuaght red handed refurbishing their homes ith bailout money, having new lavendish poools installed, buying expensive cars...thats taxpaters money they were using!!! it jsut seems, they will make any greedy behind everyones back attemtp to misuse any knid of extra funds they can get their meathooks on..
thats about all it has helped me out on...oh and im sure thier still giving out laons to people who cannot pay it back, and thiers bank fo america, and their notorious attitude demenors... SWISS bank wanting to hide or not talk about overseas funds .... lots of stuff its 'helped me' think about

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
all I know is that the bank owes be about 200$ that they took from my checking account due to do Bull s*** over draft charges. then I try to ask for it back and they give me attitude and tell me its my fault, then afterwards they start charging me a monthly fee of 9 dollars a month out of nowhere called "monthly maintenance fee" wth is that?

I guess they get a hard on taking money from a poor man

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's helped me better grasp, large numbers.

And further my want to move to another country!

I've got my jacket and passport for Antarctica, no oppression there!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Right, how many of us even thought about what a trillion dollars was until we found out that is how much the banks lost in just a few months, and Ben Bernacke said they did not know where the 2 trillion went that they gave the banks.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I had a teacher once tell me (long ago) that, I forget the context, but knowing 1,000,000,000 isn't necessary, I think we were talking about studying thousands and millions, and stuff like that.

Turns out, where trillions down.

You can even look around, like "how is this even possible!?"

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
yep , it has helped at an emotional satisfaction , the bailout has made USA more bankrupt and near collapse , USA deserves it

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Let's see...

I am still unemployed, but I have never been eligible for unemployment benefits since the job I was working was only part-time and I was there less than a year.

I got denied even getting food stamps and medicaid for assistance, so I still cannot have the medical care I need nor will I be able to get much food when my cabinets run out. I have autoimmune disease and am limited to what I can eat. If I eat a lot of beans, it flares up and my insides get painful and bleed, so beans and rice will never work for me.

My family thinks it's wonderful the banks, etc were bailed out and would probably be okay with giving them more. I'm the oddball of the bunch. My daughter swings their way and gives me flack about everything. I'm tired of the whole bunch of them. And I know my daughter is one of these types to blab anything she knows about me. No loyalty there at all. I miss the little girl I used to have before she started hanging out with my family so much. I even moved away from them to put distance between us, but it hasn't helped at all.

I do not know anyone that the bailout helped personally.

[edit on 10/3/2009 by Jessicamsa]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Well that was a sad story. I have been seeing a lot of the unemployed lately that have no options left to them so you are not alone rest assured. I know that is little consolation. I think for the cost of this banker bailout we could have colonized the Moon and Mars for less money.

We also of course could have raised everyone in the United States out of poverty for far less than that but who cares the banks are happy and they fill the congress critters pockets with money so it is all good I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join