It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Warns of Violence from Pending Dollar Crisis; Says Israel Strike on Iran the Trigger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Ron Paul Warns of Violence from Pending Dollar Crisis; Says Israel Strike on Iran the Trigger

www.businessandmedia.org

“What happens when Israel strikes Iran or Iran has the earth rays and we know that they now have a nuclear weapon, what happens to our financial system at that point?” Beck asked.

“We think it was bad with the financial crisis,” Paul said. “When you have a dollar crisis, the whole thing quits functioning. The checks bounce and literally the federal government's checks bounce if you have – if inflation goes up.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'd have to agree. A strike on Iran would trigger a lot of stuff.

And considering that strike could be coming any day now, I'll need to plan my gold buying spree...

It's hard to believe that so many think that a strike on Iran is a great idea. And then even if America doesn't try anything, Israel will have fun setting everything off with a pre-emptive mini-nuke and bio/chem strike.

www.businessandmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

And considering that strike could be coming any day now, I'll need to plan my gold buying spree...

Forget gold buy lead, copper and brass. All are base metals and are more usable. Gold is a luxury metal, good for jewelry, not much else. If you buy good tool steel you can use it for tools or trade it for other stuff because it has a value in a low tech society to just about everyone.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
How would Israel striking iran affect our economy?
That part i dont understand..unless we got invovled, but that would mean the fed would be making money then..at least the companies that manufacture bombs, amo and such..

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Before I comment I just want to know if ATS is okay that GB conducted this interview?

Theres a 4 page thread ripping him apart because he faked a few tears for a photo shoot.

Just making sure before I post in a GB bash thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I can't speak for anyone but myself regarding GB. I think at times he is looney, a snake-oil salesman and a bit off the rocker, but I think a genuine interview shouldn't effect the meat and potatoes of the interview. Take all sources in stride and understanding where they are coming from allows us to actually discern the real messages of the interview or story.

That being said, an attack on Iran will have global implications from oil to strained relations with allies and non-allies alike for the United States (even if Israel goes in alone). You have to remember, if Israel goes in, most likely somewhere in a smoke filled room the deal was made with Washington to either allow it or turn a blind eye, while saying something like "Bad Israel, bad!"

Seems like tense times, but the world has been through tougher times. We all come together and hopefully such a thing won't happen and will never escalate to thermo-nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think God will be on our side on this one. There is nothing to fear. Evil must be squashed, otherwise it will not be good. People naturally want freedom. And the only way to free Iran is to bomb the unholy hell out of them, it is this Christian-way that makes our nation so caring and efficient. I say, let the bombs drop where they may, God will ensure that we prosper, just as long as many Persians die by nuclear fire.

Good night, and God bless.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You tagline is misleading. Ron Paul was asked what he thought would happen if... not that this is what would happen.
While it is a possibility that Israel MIGHT attack Iran, I don't think they're going to nuke or chem attack Iran.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Just making sure before I give an opinion and it gets lost in the usual GB bashing.

That being said and still kind of weary, here is my opinion.

Iran is so far following all guidelines set forth by most of the world. There really isn't any reason for Israel to strike them any longer.

If they decide to strike then they should be on their own and everyone else let the two fight it out. There isn't any reason for the US to get involved with it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Gold isn't just for jewelry. It is in technology i.e. processors, it is used in our space programs for various applications, not the least of which is a coating applied to the visor of the space suit helmet, without this the astronauts would have the skin on their face burned to a crisp and go blind from eye damage. There's much more I could list but I think you get the picture. Basically gold is extremely valuable for it's versatility in many applications. Jewelry is certainly a big part of the gold market, but it is hardly the most important. Buy Gold. You'll need it, along with your brass, copper, and lead.

I think we all know what is coming

[edit on 3-10-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

He was referring to low tech.

If everything goes to hell, I don't think the average man is going to sit around working on space shuttles.

Gold won't have much value as it doesn't have a practicle use.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

What makes you say that? Just because we're screwed doesn't mean the rest of the world will be. Unless there's a catastrophic war(Which may actually happen soon, but I digress) China and India have massive tech initiatives, not the least of which is their young and emerging space programs. As well as consumer technology. At the least you can trade small amounts of gold for ammo and other items that may be of more use to you in what ever situation you might find yourself.

If not Gold then how about silver? Silver is extremely useful for survival. Alexander the Great used to travel around with urns of silver filled with water because silver has anti-bacterial properties. Could be used to store lots of water.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Originally posted by exile1981

Forget gold buy lead, copper and brass. All are base metals and are more usable.

Agree. The price of copper has been rising over the last 5 years or so and doesn't look like stopping anytime soon.
About the only way it could happen would be if China disappeared off the face of the planet.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

god? lol.

definitely, satan on usa and israel side .
god will use russia as its fist AND DESTROY THE SATANIC GODLESS MASONIC USA AND ISRAEL .

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
“What happens when Israel strikes Iran or Iran has the earth rays and we know that they now have a nuclear weapon, what happens to our financial system at that point?” Beck asked.

What is meant by Iran having "earth rays"? I've been turning that bit over in my head for the last few minutes and I have no clue what that means. Anyone?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This won't be helping either

It seem our friends at the IMF are implementing policy without much fanfare. The paradigm of global monetary policy and exchange is certainly changing, and not in our favor. I think the rest of the world just realized that they can be prosperous without us, and hence we should expectant more challenges to American dominance in the future.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Forget gold, silver or jewels. Follow my example and invest in lead, brass and the steel to shoot it with. With enough of those materials I can get what I need, when I need it.

Those of you who are looking for the Greys or Reptillians can stop. I think I've found them, his name is Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

its about oil... if the jews bomb the persians, it will make the price of oil shoot way up... which will affect all thew orlds economies...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Whoa whoa whoa! STOP THE TRAIN!

"Iran has earth rays" ....... WTF? Did he just disclose something or am I just freak'n out man?

top topics

join