It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing is going to happen? Who here on ATS talks like that?... Everything is going to happen!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've heard it a several of times on ATS and on the internet... "Nothing is going to happen"

I've heard it hundreds upon hundreds upon thousands of times where I live amongst friends, family and strangers that I've talked to... "Nothing is going to happen"

Well let me tell you what I know... EVERYTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Let me tell you what I don't know... is what order the events unfold in, but let me make a list of what we are dealing with.... no wait, before I list off what we are potentially dealing with, maybe I should remind people of what's already happened since 9/11?

Should I remind people what's happened since 2001?

I didn't think so... most of us are informed.

So let's go down the list of what potentially could happen in our future...

#1. Monetary Collapse / Great Depression II

#2. Pandemic

#3. Martial Law / Riots

#4. Terrorism (False Flag or Not) / assassination of you know who

#5. Food Crisis

#6. WWIII (nukes)

#7. increase in Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Natural Disasters (Global Warming)

#8. Power Outages on a massive scale (computer viruses)

#9. New World Order

#10. Aliens?, Asteroids?, Astral Plane Awakening?

Now like I said, I don't know what order these events are going to unfold... but I can assure you that 1-9 are going to happen in our lifetime. #10 is where I leave the question mark.

I want you to take another look at 1-9 and tell me what's not going to happen in the near future... Seriously, all these people that say nothing is going to happen, speak up... Tell me none of these things are going to happen before the year 2020.

Everything is going to happen, and I'll tell you what... if I'm wrong, at the very least this line of thinking has gained me the appreciation for each day. I no longer take things for granted because I know any day it's possible that the SHTF... I've been giving my wife and children more love and time with this thinking. I've started to tell my parents how much I really do love them. I appreciate the small things like going for a walk, playing sports, and even kissing my wife before I go to work. I'm able to embrace these little aspects of life as if they hold tremendous value to my heart.

I've even been told not to worry about these things and just live your life... Well I can assure that I'm living great!

So don't sit there and tell me that thinking the world "as we know it" coming to an end is unhealthy, because it's done wonders for me.

So again I ask... Is anything going to happen?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
assassination of voldemort ?

well .. everything will happen some day ... what can we say ... the thing is, will this happen now? thats the question

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Most of what you said is true but you are wrong, in the most general sense. Tell me about it in 2022.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You know my friend stuff sure does happen in life. A lot of it bad, and well, a lot of it people bring on themselves by doing stupid things or not better considering the stupid things others do, and not really making a stand against stupid things.

People aren’t stupid but people do love to do stupid things!

One of the stupid things people do is create self fulfilling prophecies.

Forewarned is forearmed but after you do the good Boy Scout deed of always being prepared, then it’s time to try to manifest positive things through positive actions and positive thoughts.

In highly competitive fields like sales, and sports, and politics very often your competitor will try to ‘crap’ you out. They want you to think that you are a looser, that you won’t close that deal, that you will miss that pitch, that voters will reject you because you served in the Air National Guard during the war instead of on the front lines.

The News Media, the Powers that Be love to crap people out too, fear is a great control mechanism. Having an indomitable and optimistic spirit and attitude is important.

Martial Law? Bring it on! Sounds like some great black market income opportunities to me, can you say ka-ching!

Swine flu? That will keep some people from clogging up the freeways during rush hour and making long lines at the supermarket! I love it.

An economic collapse, perfect, probably lots of chances to pick up a bargain from crapped out people there!

A New World Order? That happened when Caesar crossed the Rubicon, most of us should have adapted by now!

An Asteroid hitting the planet? Sounds like an opportunity to sell one heck of an insurance policy to me.

Think positive, positive thoughts and energy attract other positive, thoughts and energy and good things.

Prepare for the worst, once you have be the little pig who build his house out of bricks instead of straw and sticks and then relax, have a good time, enjoy life knowing that what ever comes down the pike you can deal with it.

Think happy thoughts, sing the Barney Song, trust me…”Nothing is going to happen!”

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here's a scene from episode 14 of 'The Twilight Zone,' entitled: Third From the Sun. I agree with your 1-9, and I honestly don't know the order in which they will play out, but I have a fairly good idea about when we'll find ourselves within the 'event windows' when something big is most likely to occur.

Anyway, the dialogue in the video below pretty much explains my take on our situation (except I don't believe it's too late to change to change our course - or at least brace for impact):

Once we get past October 26th, I'll have some idea about what we can expect next March and July. Here's a Timewave Map of the next few years, all the way to December 21, 2012.

Full Episode

[edit on 3/10/09 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

If you ever have the chance to review my profile... you will see that I think Hollywood is in complete contol of TPTB and their sun worshipping illuminati... Notice the Sun in the clip you just presented? It's damn near in every film.

Not by accident either.

These secret societies these days controll just about everything.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I thought you said you were not going to make a prediction again after this one never came true

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, the earth has gotten cooler over the last 2 years, not warmer

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I've heard it a several of times on ATS and on the internet... "Nothing is going to happen"

I've heard it hundreds upon hundreds upon thousands of times where I live amongst friends, family and strangers that I've talked to... "Nothing is going to happen"

I have heard for months on this website that "everything is going to happen" with months and months passing by without anything happening. ATS is no stranger to false prophecies and while the naysayers like myself do not deny the possibility of civil discourse in this nation and in other nations, we do not buy the "this month guarantee" lable on the threads. If your talk about those who deny the possibility of civil discourse then you are most correct. However if your being critical of those who refuse to buy the weekly "civil war begins" thread that has occured over the lifetime of this website, you are most incorrect. The mere fact nothing has happened over a course of some 100 "civil war begins" threads for the last years of this website disproves your OP.

Now I would say that individuals want civil war for a number of reasons, among them being their own ideological frustrations, their own dislike of the voting process or maybe they have been watching too many movies, however I would deny these individuals as mere "messengers". They are trying to promote civil strike and the reasoning is often their own.

EVERYTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

"Going", like "maybe" "probably" "could". These terms are not in the present, they are assumptive. We get plenty of those terms in the prophecies thread.

True, we are in a financial crises and there are more frustrations for the last two years as there has been for decades but that doesnt make way for a civil war or "revolution" automatically. The time of the depression in the 1930's was worse off that this current situation, much worse, and yet not a glimmer of civil war could be recalled. Not taking out the possibility, but I am noting the exaggeration and alarmist nature of your OP, like many others.

SG

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thank You.

No Negative Thoughts are going to Stop Me.

I'm a positive man... but it seems like you are taking it to a level of denial. That denial is trying to bring out the opportunity of tragic events about to unfold.

It's not my own fear that concerns me... It's what I know.

A wise man once said that "ignorance is bliss"... Well, I followed the ATS motto and denied it, and i don't like what I see. I could of taken it a step further and meditated on the Astral Plane... but I think I'm tired of looking at my computer screen with the Bitten Apple logo on it.... I feel as if I've come across some forbidden knowledge.

Deny ignorance.... That's not a good motto.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You should see the entire episode, there is symbology abound. Part of the reason I took notice of that clip was the sun in the background. I'm currently tracking the embedded symbology across all 156 episodes.

BTW, today is the 50th anniversary of the series. PTB or not, I love that show.

The Twilight Zone Turns 50!

[edit on 2/10/09 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

First you typed this.

no wait, before I list off what we are potentially dealing with

and then you typed this.

Is anything going to happen?

And then you closed your post with this question!

Excuse me, but, I found this hillarious! You can't even make up your own mind.

All I really want to know is are you sure what you are telling us is going to happen, is going to happen, or are you still questioning it, because honestly, you don't seem so sure yourself.

Too much Alex Jones lately, perhaps?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I mean no offence here but as soon as I saw the title of this thread I said to myself, this has got to be another Doomsday2029 thread.

You have become quite predictable my friend, could be a sign to step back and unplug for a bit.

Anyway, onto the list, one or two of them could possibly happen in a reasonable timeframe although I'm very doubtful of most listed.
But all to happen? The odds would be astronomical!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I have heard for months on this website that "everything is going to happen" with months and months passing by without anything happening. ATS is no stranger to false prophecies and while the naysayers like myself do not deny the possibility of civil discourse in this nation and in other nations, we do not buy the "this month guarantee" lable on the threads.

All I'm offering is my opinion. Do I have anything greater to offer on ATS?

should I provide countlees links?

should I provide countless youtube videos?

Everything inside my soul tells me that WE AS A SOCIETY are about to experience the ultimate test. Should I ignore myself?

I did not say what will happen this month... I said what will happen before 2020.

Tha is a 10 year window.

And if you want to know what I'm doing to prepare for the worst.... here is the best thread I've ever made:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Much respect.

Much love...

and just now quoting this I relized who you are... Chadwickus... I remember that name for some reason... what did we have a problem about in the past? I forget.

I never put you on my ignore list (nobody is ignored)... like you once suggested... but I forget what are initial confrontation was about.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I am far from being in denial friend. In fact I welcome challenges that come compete with impossible odds.

If you aren't living on the edge you are taking up to much space.

Take it from a guy who lives in Miami a 'Hurricane' zone. When you have your kit, and you are stocked up, so stocked a massive storm could hit without warning and wipe things out for a month and your hurricane kit is constantly that well stocked and prepared nothing ever happens!

Every so often you take an invontory and say wow am I prepared I can't wait for a storm to use some of this stuff...all of this stuff.

Nothing ever happens.

It does though when you aren't prepared.

I would love to face the challenges and adversities you are talking about because I don't know about you but my life is pretty darn boring, and well I do live in the edge, and have lived on it for so long, living on the edge is boring!

So no I am not in denial at all, I am just cognizant that when you are hoping for a snow day to stay home from school...no such luck!

Not a cloud in the sky and it's unseasonably warm.

It's when you fear bad things happening that they typically will. It's like dogs they can smell the fear on you, they know they can dominate you because of it.

No Fear!

In fact I double dog dare the Powers that Be to try it! I would love to see them try it, because I would love to have that excuse to have a good time and declare open season on them.

Trust me when they know that's how you are thinking, they just want to stay in their Men's clubs, have another water crest sandwich and play a game of gribbage instead.

The reality is they are just as big a bunch of incompetent dunderheads as everyone else, they just got a bigger pile of monopoly money than most people did at the start of the game.

Sure they might like to do all these things, but they are still a bunch of self centered screw ups.

I put there chances at less than 50/50 in pulling it off.

They have a whole lot more to worry about in the attempt than you or I do friend.

Sure we might get gassed or machined gun down but that's nothing compared to having your head end up on a pike.

They shouldn't and you shouldn't ever think that's not the risk they will be taking because if they try it and fail their heads will end up on a pike.

It's why in part I look forward to them trying because well, I sure would like to see those heads where they belong!

See it's all about the power of positive thinking!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

First you typed this.

no wait, before I list off what we are potentially dealing with

and then you typed this.

Is anything going to happen?

And then you closed your post with this question!

Excuse me, but, I found this hillarious! You can't even make up your own mind.

It was meant to be.... how do I say it?... Sarcasim.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

No Fear!

In fact I double dog dare the Powers that Be to try it! I would love to see them try it, because I would love to have that excuse to have a good time and declare open season on them.

That's what I'm talking about... I would love that too, but it appears to me that this is just a fantasy.

It won't be open season on anybody because we will be too busy defending ourselves from each other.

Divide & Conquer... remember that?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yeah i hear you. im pretty sure nothing will happen because i would have too much fun if it did. AND God knows they hate any of us having any fun. Talk about fun police. Thats the reality, if something does happen then great but if not thats ok too i guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Food Crisis and WWIII = Fun?

okay.

I see that ATS is not awake yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Like I said friend the New World Order arrived when Caesar crossed the Rubicon. Divide and conquer has always been Rome's tactic and as I said when you are prepared you are prepared.

You fight the angy mobs in the street, I am going straight over the river and through the woods to the Power that Be's house!

The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh over the wide and winding road!

Then I will do a little decking the halls with Yule Tide Greetings.

I am still angry over Yule! That was a fun holiday, just wiping it out like that to pretend Christ was born smack dab in the middle of it when his Birthday was March! That's just dirty pool!

Don't worry friend, I have been checking my list and checking it twice, I always find out who's naughty or nice!

Santa always has something for everyone on his list!

You should stop worrying so much. Those morons put their pants on one leg at a time too.

Don't let anyone infect your mind with fear!

There is never anything to fear but fear itself.

Though in all honety FDR never had kids on his cell phone plan.

But other than having kids on your cell phone plan, there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join