It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France considers chemical castration for sex offenders

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

One of the people around here is on the sex offenders list because he went out back and peed on a tree

This is an example of why I think the sex offender lists, at least in their current administration, are bad. Sometimes, someone will make a bad choice and then, boom, their life is forever branded. Perhaps there should be a repeat sex offender list instead.

As for the chemical castration, I don't think it would work. Here in Germany, last week I believe, a sex offender was released from prison because, he said that he would get castrated in return; and not chemically. Well, soon after he was released, he raped a woman. Disgusting.

If the real thing didn't work, how can the pseudo one?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It seems some of you guys are seeing this as a slam against men. What we have to remember is that sex offenses, both male/female, are not just crimes against the victim it's a crime against society. It mutates society.

I can put myself in the position of a parent that first night their child goes missing what utter horror that must be. That parent is imagining what must be happening to their child and it's not good. They too have been victimized. What kind of emotional baggage will they now be carrying? What about when a spouse/girlfriend is raped? How does that impact friends & family? What about the loving husband who is afraid to touch his wife for fear of bringing it all back. He is a victim also. This isn't a male vs. female issue it's about a horrible crime that affects us all. How can you not expect women to be somewhat stand-offish, suspicious around strange men? It's what sex offenders do to our society they victimize society as a whole.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Castration does nothing because the act of rape is not about the actual act of sex, its about the power and control over another person, THis is realy a bad idea especialy on serial Rapest! If anything it is more likley to cause these individuels to escalate to serail Murder.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why not, because the death penalty totally works, right? Oops.

Since when is it okay to implement eye for an eye, anyway? Justice is not meant to be put in our hands. People are too blinded by overwhelming emotions to make educated decisions on what they feel is appropriate punishment.

It's really sick to see the true nature of people. A criminal is a criminal but does that mean the rest of us have to sink to the level of a sick individual? If you want to see the true nature of someone, I guess just ask them what they would do to a criminal. There is no holding back! Since when do the actions of person take away their right to be a person, and what should be our instinct to be civil beings?

Clearly cruel and unusual punishment is okay as long as the person did something really, really, disgusting.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've always stayed out of this topic but after so long and so many times of the same thing happening... A rapist gets set free, weeks later he does it again. This is beyond ridiculous. They need to just be put away. If they are so unhappy and so messed up that they cannot live without raping others then what quality of life do they have any way?

Don't castrate them, wow that would mess them up worse. They will resort to torture and serial murder. Just put them away. Put them away only if there is no shadow of a doubt they committed the crime.

Our legal system is really screwed up to. I'm thinking about the story twelve angry men. The problem really comes down to the inadequacies of our legal system doesn't it. What a wonderful world.

Bottom line for me is that if someone is a 1st degree rapist they should be killed just like a murderer. Whether or not our legal system can judge that properly is another topic.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Stupid idea. If the person is violent enough to warrant this it is better to just outright kill them, because if you cut off a guys balls, he will take bigtime revenge on you. Men are not cats.

Get out the guillotine.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambulanceo
I can't help but feel like the people supporting this choose to personify human emotions and motivations. "Good" and "evil" don't exist.

Oh really?

I recently and unfortunately, saw a video of 2 russian teenagers bashing a mans face in with a hammer, then stabbing him repeatedly in the face, stomach and eye, laughing about it, while the man was still conscious. They finished him off with a severe blow to the side of the head, and walked off laughing about it... They were pathetic enough to have recorded themselves.

This is after they murdered 21 other people, inclusing pregnant women and young children.

en.wikipedia.org...

You tell me Evil people don't exist?

I refuse to understand how you can think that.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh Boy, what a hot topic! Especially in the eyes of men.
Here's my input. Like it or not...

Yes, Rapists should be permanently chemically castrated. If you rape, and are prosecuted, the buddies get zapped.

I am all for actual castration, but, society will not quite go that far. As far as a woman who has sexual congress with someone against their will, a different standard has to be applied. You can't just remove her vagina.

It is men who have the violent history of raping females. Serial rapists, and sexual predators are 99% of the time men. We've had a couple of recent cases here in our side of the state, where previously convicted, and released sexual predators committed the same crimes over again. Two young females lost their lives. Local media has a feeding frenzy over it, and the perpetrator goes to prison for life. That's it! One case here involved a serial rapist who finally killed a whole family, because he had an eye for his neighbors girlfriend. She rebuffed his advances. So he entered the house at night, and shot everyone there, including her. He then set the house on fire, burning it to the ground, trying to cover up his crime. It was really sad that this sick and twisted jerk, wasn't caught sooner. He got life! Big deal...he should have got the gas chamber.

I think these guys should lose the jewels, and be shortened to a minor stump so that they can sit and pee only. I have no sympathy for rapists. They are right down there with murderers. Since a murderer can be given the death sentence, so should a rapist in some cases. Case in point, is the Phillip Garrido/ Jaycee Dugard serial raping and captivity case. He deserves death!

Most guys cannot fathom loosing their testicles. Even if he should have cancer of the testicles, they try to save them. My cousin is one such male. He is 51. He had the option to have them removed, and make his chances of a recurrence much less. He chose to keep them, even though he is technically sterile now and totally impotent. He said he couldn't stand the idea of being de-nutted!

Rape is not a crime of sexual lust. It is a crime of control and hostility. I think everyone knows that fact!

Put me down as one who votes resoundingly for permanent chemical castration. No problem.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There was a news story a few days ago about this in Poland, is it going to be an EU thing?

In the UK we have a problem with women reporting false rapes; some of these women have been tried in court.
How does a man prove he had consent?
A witnessed signed disclaimer?

I think most rapes in the UK don't actually go to court because it's so difficult to prove, plus many victims already know their attacker.

Also what about rape in marriage?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
YEAH!! Castrate those scumbags!! Burn their sh!t!! along with lawyers and Bush's!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join