It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions I have about Christianity & Religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hello everyone,
I started this thread on my mobile phone so I'm going to add and change some things in it. Thank you all for your awnsers so far.

Why I started this thread
I'm going to try and keep this short. When I was a child I was raised in a Christian home. I went to a Pentecostal church every Sunday and Wednesday. My mother still go's to the same church I do not. I would say I went for at least 5 to 7 years but stoped around the age of 14. I have been baptized. Now im 20 years old and there are many things I dont understand about Christanity, God, Jesus, The Bible, Religion, and so on. I have started back reading the Bible but also trying to learn a little bit about all other religions. So I was hopeing to ask some of you some questions I have.

Please no arguing

I do know of the storys of the bible but not in great detail so please bare with me. And don't not feel like you have to prove anything to me.

I'm wanting your own opinion's to my questions. I understand you cant awnswer or think like God so just tell me what you believe.

1. Why or why not is Christianity your religion.

2. If someone believes that there is only one God and pray's to God not Jesus will they go to heaven or hell?

3. Do you believe that everything in the bible is 100% ture?

4. Do you think that there are any books that got left out of the Bible?

5. Did God cast Satan out of heaven before He created the Earth and Adam and Eve?

6. Did God Cast Satan out of heaven within the week that he created the heavens & earth, waters & land , Adam & Eve and so on?

7. If God did cast Satan out while Adam & Eve was in the garden, Why do you think he let him in?

8 Do you believe that there could be human like life on other planets? If so do you think God sent Jesus to there planet also?

9. Will the billions of people who are of different religions(not christian) go to heaven?

I'm sure I will think of more but I will add the when I do

I look forward to reading you opinions. Thank You all

[edit on 2-10-2009 by s14mikeysr20]

[edit on 3-10-2009 by s14mikeysr20]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by s14mikeysr20

Hi my friend...

I am a christian and will be happy to answer these questions...

1. What made you pick christianity as your religion instead of all the other to chose from?

Though it's an unspoken rule - Christianity allows me to sin as long as I admit my mistake within 1 year in front of at least 2 other people - preferably on T.V.

2. If someone believes in God and only God and they dont pray to jesus, Will they still go to heaven?

Of course...a 20% tithe and you are good to go...

3. Do you belive that everything in the bible is ture?

Don't tell anyone, but all of Genesis seems a little far fetched...other than that - Dogma is the drink of the day!

4. Why did God put the serpent into the garden with Adam and Eve?

Three-somes have always been righteous!!

5. Do you think there could be life outside of earth?

Uhhh...what does god think..?

6. Will the billions of people who are not christians go to hell?

WTF..? I thought everyone was a christian...

content edit...

[edit on 10/2/2009 by happygolucky]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by s14mikeysr20
Hello I would like to ask some Christians a couple of questions about jesus, the bible, christianity, god, and so on.

Please no arguing,Do not feel like you have to prove anything to me.

(all of these questions are in your own opinion)

Disclaimer: I'm the worst Christian to ask, since I am an ex-Christian, but nevertheless here's my take on your questions:

1. What made you pick christianity as your religion instead of all the other to chose from?

Tradition mostly, inherited from mother to offspring.

2. If someone believes in God and only God and they dont pray to jesus, Will they still go to heaven?

My answer back then would have been: Well, no, that's what Christianity is all about and what makes it so special. My take on it now as an agnostic: I don't know; I mean "the Lord works in mysterious ways" and all that.

Back then, every word of it, God inspired and all. Today, I consider the OT Hebrew mythology and the NT Christian mythology.

4. Why did God put the serpent into the garden with Adam and Eve?\

Well, to tempt them and see if they would be strong enough to resist. Of course, since God is omni-conscious he already knew they would utterly fail and forfeit to live in Paradise. Or so the legend goes.

Definitely, yes. I believe that life is abundant in the universe.

My answer back then: It would depend: there is a Christian school of thought that people who have never heard of Jesus will still be saved and go to heaven, provided they had lead a reasonably decent live.

Just some stuff I was wondering about. I look forward to reading you opinions. Thank You all

You're welcome!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Hello I would like to ask some Christians a couple of questions about jesus, the bible, christianity, god, and so on.

Christianity is the religion I was raised on.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Sure, I can't prove it otherwise.

I'm not sure but, I think that satan went to the Garden himself not by God.

I have not seen any, and nobody else has proof of any life elsewhere.

That is up to God.

Just some stuff I was wondering about. I look forward to reading you opinions. Thank You all

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Of course, no arguing

I am a Christian because I believe the Bible is God's perfect Word, given to man in order to learn about Him, and I believe Jesus is God's son whom God sent to earth to redeem man.

It's not necessary to pray to Jesus, you can pray to God. God and Jesus are one in the same just different personalities of the Trinity Godhead.

Yes, I do

God didn't put the serpent in the garden. The serpent appeared in the garden of his own free will to tempt Adam and Eve.

I'm still out on that one. But it seems to me that the earth was created in just the right place and at just the right time to support life. I haven't seen evidence of any other planets that could support any type of life as we know it.

I can't answer that one for you. We don't know until we die.

Thank you for asking. If you have any other questions at all, feel free to U2U me.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Of course all these answers are my opinion. The true answers are in the Bible, when read within a relationship with God.

I have had things shown to me and things proven to me via miracles that made me accept the fact that God was real and Jesus spoke the truth. I really can't be more specific than that.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that, but if you ask for proof, with an open mind and sincere heart, you will get it. That much I am sure of.

Well, heaven is a bit of a man-made theory. The actual goal is to be part of the new heavens (sky) and new Earth John saw and wrote about in Revelation.

To be in heaven is to be with God, in His presence. I do not believe we will exist for eternity as purely spiritual beings, because we were made to be both physical and spiritual. The new heavens and new Earth are physical existence without the evil influences that we are subject to as humans today.

But to answer your question: we are not to pray to Jesus, but to pray through Jesus. The sacrifice of Jesus is like a key that opens the door to God and allows us to pray directly to Him. I end every prayer with the words "in Jesus' name I pray", because if I did not accept Jesus' sacrifice I would have no right as a sinner to access a perfect God.

There is another way: the law as given to the Jewish people. But I seriously doubt you will be able to uphold that law, because it begins at birth. If you have ever broken the smallest requirement of the law in your life, that way is now closed to you.

Of course, that's not so bad, because Jesus is there waiting to usher you in the door.

Yes. In context.

The serpent was acting under the influence of Satan (literally, "the enemy"). I do not believe it acted of its own free will, but was rather somehow possessed of Satan. Incidentally, the curse that we incurred because of the serpent was not brought on by God, but by us. It was a direct result of our being unable to remain in God's presence due to our own choice. God explained it, but He did not place it on us. We did that.

That's a very good question, and one I will have to study on and pray about.

I am assuming you mean other physical life on other planets.

If that assumption is correct, then yes, I do believe there is a strong possibility of life on other planets. Why would God create such a gloriously vast universe just for us?

I do not believe we are being visited by life from other planets, but that has nothing to do with Christianity. It has to do with the fact that if I were a member of an advanced civilization capable of galactic space travel, this is the last place I would want to go to! I wouldn't be surprised if someday when we reach the edge of the solar system, we find a space buoy warning travelers that this area is quarantined!

Again, a man-made image. The word 'hell' comes from several different original words, all of which have a different meaning. It can therefore refer to the underworld, the place where the dead were believed to rest; it can refer to Hades, the realm where Satan ruled; it can refer to death itself.

The fire and brimstone version that we commonly know as hell is actually in Revelations, and is never referred to as hell. It is called the bottomless pit, the Abyss, the lake of fire and brimstone. It is the final resting place for Satan and his followers, an eternal existence of torment. It is not intended for man, and I do not believe anyone will be cast into it. I believe some will intentionally choose it, following Satan to the end.

Everyone will have a chance to make a choice. No man (or woman) will be sent into some preacher's idea of hell without having a chance to decide otherwise. I believe this will be accomplished during the 1000 year reign of Christ that is to follow Armageddon.

The real hell will be existence without a physical form and without God's presence. Yes, those who reject God will not be allowed to remain with Him for eternity. That's a 'Duh'.

I hope that answered your questions, but feel free to ask if you want further clarification.

TheRedneck

[edit on 10/2/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am not a Christian but know enough to answer on their behalf, so here goes:

1. What made you pick Christianity as your religion instead of all the other to chose from?

A bit of geography and the fact I was raised that way, had I been raised in the ME I would of course be Muslim.

2. If someone believes in God and only God and they don't pray to Jesus, Will they still go to heaven?

Absolutely not, unless they accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior they will burn in hellfire for eternity.

3. Do you believe that everything in the bible is true?

No, I pick and choose which bits suit me best and is ultimately convenient. For example my wife was not a virgin on our wedding night, so I chose to ignore the part about stoning her to death.

God works in mysterious ways, it was his will.

If there were then it is just another test like dinosaur bones.

6. Will the billions of people who are not Christians go to hell?

Absolutely, if they do not take the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior I am afraid they are doomed to eternal torture and suffering.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I am a Christian and am happy to answer your questions. The answer is this;

If you don't believe it is up to you. Believe in what you want or don't believe.

And be sure to take care, and have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

"thats what i was raised in family down to me, and me since ive gone through a rebirth so i know its true"

2. If someone believes in God and only God and they dont pray to jesus, Will they still go to heaven? god is above jesus but jesus is our connection thats why people pray to him unless youve found a connection with god i have i pray straight to him but i like praying to jesus too.

yes 100% its true conviction takes a truely rightious man to be able to believe it all.

from what ive came to the conclusion it was to test adam and eve to make sure that they were faithful, the thing is adam and eve where given free will angels werent, as far as im aware

5. Do you think there could be life outside of earth? its plausible it doesnt say he didnt so it could be assumed that there is

well it truthfully depends on if they are close to god even a lot of christians will becuase they call themselves christians but are not, like the peoiplke who call themselves jews but are not they are of the devils synagogue

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie

I am a Christian and am happy to answer your questions. The answer is this;

If you don't believe it is up to you. Believe in what you want or don't believe.

And be sure to take care, and have a nice day.

He should also know God is kind and giving him a choice and he better choose wisely unless he wants to burn in hellfire for eternity. He has free will not to choose God but it is not advisable - eternity of torturous pain that awaits and all that..

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
I am not a Christian but know enough to answer on their behalf, so here goes:

1. What made you pick Christianity as your religion instead of all the other to chose from?

A bit of geography and the fact I was raised that way, had I been raised in the ME I would of course be Muslim.

2. If someone believes in God and only God and they don't pray to Jesus, Will they still go to heaven?

Absolutely not, unless they accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior they will burn in hellfire for eternity.

3. Do you believe that everything in the bible is true?

No, I pick and choose which bits suit me best and is ultimately convenient. For example my wife was not a virgin on our wedding night, so I chose to ignore the part about stoning her to death.

God works in mysterious ways, it was his will.

If there were then it is just another test like dinosaur bones.

6. Will the billions of people who are not Christians go to hell?

Absolutely, if they do not take the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior I am afraid they are doomed to eternal torture and suffering.

While I'm sure there are a few people who found your sarcasm humorous, I feel you have failed to comprehend two key words in the thread title.

"Questions I have for christians"

Those answers you gave highlight your ignorance of Christianity.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Well I have direct answers to everyone of your questions, but this thread turned into such an abomination,it would be a sin to even bother.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

1. I didn't pick Christianity, I picked the Bible.. Too many flavors of Christianity.

2. Praying to God is how it's supposed to be done...

3. The Bible is 100% infallible, inerrant WORD of God.

4. The Serpent was actually a man Satan in man flesh. He didn't place him there, he was allowed to go anywhere as was Jesus and God.

5. Life outside Earth yes, Intelligent life? NO

6. Not all people who don't believe will go to hell, but most will.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Without my faith I would be less. Let me give it to you straight. Well, some of these big shots are getting hit pretty hard.

Like thumb in the eye, low blow, kidney shot.

A Christian could do that. The faithful are not always victims.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

First of all, you didn't captilize the "J" in Jesus. Now you've really pissed me off!

Seriously, as a hunt and peck, pick what I want to consider Christian/Buddhist, Jedi Knight, Jewish Muslim MoFo, Druid,humanistic, Masonic-loving, Urghoostic, Dogan sumbee, I will go further into your post to see what you have to say. However, you won't get any answers from me that are satisfastic, or will they be? And don't forget, I wrote "seriously",

[edit on 2-10-2009 by kyred]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

[edit on 2-10-2009 by make.changes]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sorry if I get the questions mixed up. Can't exactly quote via mobile.

1. I chose "christianity" because it is based off Jesus Christs life which is "the way". I am not necessarily a christian persay, but I AM a follower of Christ.

2. Praying to the Father is what is recommended. To whom did Jesus pray. Himself? Nay, our lives are to mimic Jesus' not glorify him.

3. The bible is more or less IMO a historical account of the genealogy of Christ. It begins with tales of his ancestors and ends with his death and resurrection of spirit. I believe some things have been inserted and omitted by man, but it is still "historically" accurate. "Spiritually" accurate is a different story.

I am forgetting the questions already.

4. Life outside of Earth? Absolutely. Why not? Like I said, the bible is a historical account of Jesus Christ, not a spiritual account for all that is. There are many characteristics of the Father in which He passed to all His creations. To say that He could place them all upon one rock is arrogant. One of His characteristics is being "mysterious".

I believe I skipped a question...

5. Everyone who denies the Father's gift of existence through spirit will go to hell. What is hell? IMO, He will take back what He has generously given, so hell would have to be nonexistance.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Oh okay. I missed the one regarding the serpent.

The serpent was the initiator of free will. Without the knowledge of "good and evil" Adam and Eve had but one "choice", they were of mechanic existence.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a good sincere Op how bout that. Kudos.

ruined by reasonable, no suprise.

Ok let me do my best.

The prophecies of the Ot about Christ, his words, the awaited messiah coming to his people, his miracles, and the church predicted to spread throughout the World and the new sacrafice.

But before that it was reading the bible when others were out partying on friday nights, I just got sick of the world and looked for deeper things, and I believe Christ is the one talked about in the OT.

No. But heres' the trick. We don't know if people will convert hiddenly before their death. God says whoever knocks the door is open. I grew up non religious and never knew who Christ was until I was 20.... ruthless. If God can convert me than why not everybody else? You see a non believer in Christ lives his whole life not believing, yet right before their death how do we know they didn't sincerely say I believe in Jesus or convert mentally?

we don't.

everybody in hell desverves to be there and trust me it was their choice on earth and after death God will show why each soul is in hell. He's 1 trillion more times just than lets say Judge mathis. So if Judge Mathis were running things, we'd feal pretty safe huh? Yet God who knows what's in each souls heart makes a million times better judgement than any earthly judge on earth.

Yes like one poster said in context. Sodom and Ghommarah have been found burned at 4,000 degrees and the walls of jericho have been dug up, as for the teaching, yes in context.

as a testing ground to see if they were worthy of paradise. just like we have test in school, yet God test us with obedience not math problems.

No.If aliens existed, they would have taken us over by now since they seem to be depicted as having more technology than us. I think the Gov created the idea of alien ships in the 1940s but hid the technology Tesla discovered for their own little plans.

Many souls will not make it into heaven, that includes false Christians, myself included. I don't think heaven is for bums. You have to earn it. We don"t get rewarded for being lazy in life.

God is like a parent and expects great things out of us, great dilligence, and so I believe few will reach heaven.

All hell is is a coninuation of denial of God. the saints said that the souls are hardened in evil there. Meaning if God gave them everyday in hell to convert, they would say NO, I want to stay here and keep rebeling like they did on Earth.

The reason Christ said and even talked about hell is because of grace. Without him entering a soul, the soul piles sin upon sin and doesn't have Christ grace sufficent enough to be saved.

grace being love. He enters the soul and fills it through communion, with love, humility and a grace that cannot be described through what the saints describe.

causing many to go into ecstacy.

basically the soul without Jesus living in it is dead. They run on worldy stints of happiness that doesn't fullfill them, and alot of pride, but mostly filled with sin.

They never rise in holiness. I can't describe what grace is, the best way I can put it is love and humility.

But with communion, the new sacrafice it goes way higher than what we normal people consider love. he literally enters you.

so do I believe many will go to hell? yes. Including me probably. I'm way to damn lazy sometimes. I don't desevre it.

we don't know the hidden rebellions in every soul. God knows our thoughts and our hidden rebellions. So in the end I hope not, but I'll let God decide that one who is the final judge of this Earth.

bless you OP!!!!

thanks for the sincere op!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The dude can turn water into wine. Seriously, you would never have to make another beer run. Also, the only thing he preaches is love and forgiveness and believe he was real. That's not too much to ask for an eternal pay off.

The word Hell didn't used to mean what it does today. You also don't have to pray to Jesus. You just pray to God in Jesus's name, but you're still praying directly to God. In Christianity though you have to believe in Jesus or you're insulting God by rejecting his sacrifice which means your sin is still on you. So you have to pay for consequences all by yourself.

If you've ever done anything bad or even thought about doing anything bad you have to pay the price for that. Even if you've never done anything bad, then rejecting God's offer to pay your sin for you is still a sin. So you still have sin on you because that's pretty rude that someone would die trying to save you and you just reject it like you don't even care.

Jesus was willing to pay the price for you, but you didn't want that. You chose to pay it by yourself, but that was up to you. You can't blame Jesus or God for that. They offered and you refused to take it. So, if you're a Christian man up and pay for the consequences because it was your choice. They didn't force you to believe in Jesus.

If you're another religion though you may not go to Hell or Heaven. Remember, in other religions you don't always go to Heaven when you die. You go someplace else like Nirvana or some other plain of existence depending on the religion. So even if you're good in some other religion you still might not go to Heaven because in those other religions some other plain of existence is where you go.

Yes, but nobody understands everything in the Bible. So, even if it's true on some level it doesn't mean we always know what it meant until much later. Like God basically says that some of the things he did, we wouldn't actually figure out how he did them for a very long time and wouldn't understand them.

Same reason we fight for democracy. Because people should have choice. He also wanted them to learn right from wrong, which they did. The learned that bad things happen when you disobey God. But then God sent Jesus and provided everyone with a very easy way out of the consequences.

Sure. We haven't found any yet though.

Perhaps it depends on their own religion where they go when they die. Most religions don't have a Heaven. They have some other place they go. Sometimes it's like Heaven. Sometimes it's not. But it's not Heaven. It's a different place where their own Gods live.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by tinfoilman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join