It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pee before you fly": Policy of Japanese Airline.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is not a joke....only in Japan!!!

Japanese airline ANA is introducing a policy that some think really takes the pee. They want passengers to relieve themselves before they board the aircraft, in a somewhat desperate attempt to reduce carbon emissions.
The airline's chiefs say that empty bladders means passengers will weigh less, so their fleet of aircraft will save fuel and reduce their carbon emissions.

www.metro.co.uk...

I saw this today and nearly peed my pants!!!

For those who don't know, 'ANA' is aka 'All Nippon Airways'. They have International services, but are a large player in the domestic Japan market too.

I started thinking about stupid ideas in the interests of "cost savings" and this one, in the grand "waste"land of stupid ideas, really takes the cake...(although I'd advise you to eat the cake at LEAST eight hours before your flight, so you'll have ample ....ermmm....'opportunity' to rid yourself of the excess weight before flying...)!!! AND, for chrissakes do NOT take it with you onboard!!!

My brain, being what it is, immediately tried to do some calculations....I need data points first, though. Just HOW much does the average bladder (and...well, we're adults here...the COLON too...I know, ick!!!) hold, and what kind of weight per person are we talking about here? Remember, we have to use an average based on demographics and such....

What concessions are ocated near the gates? Do they sell 'Big Gulps'? (I know...it's Japan...but you never know when a "7/11" will loom in the wings....)

Folks!! We need SOLID, and pliable facts!!!!! Can't squirm outta this one....the proof is in the pudding. Sake to me....(OK...even that went a bit too far...)......

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

No need for any of that ...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2 Oct 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well....in THAT vein....

(poor quality..but apropo...)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Japanese airline ANA is introducing a policy that some think really takes the pee. They want passengers to relieve themselves before they board the aircraft, in a somewhat desperate attempt to reduce carbon emissions.
The airline's chiefs say that empty bladders means passengers will weigh less, so their fleet of aircraft will save fuel and reduce their carbon emissions.

Well, crap. I'm sh*& out of puns.

What I find the most interesting is that I suspect the "low water" toilets in the airplane are far more efficient than the ones on land. So is it better to have a more wasteful toilet and lighter passengers, or a more efficient toilet and that 0.75lb difference per person on a multi ton aircraft.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Grrrr

This kind of attitude really pisses me off

Sorry though I should end this in a pun too

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
This kind of attitude really pisses me off

Well, that's a piss-poor attitude, Oz (j/k)

I still think this idea is full of crap.

(Sorry mods - I can't resist myself!)

[edit on 2/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Orh wee swelcome you on the frite we weemind sho to weemain sweated

in wore shiits. wanks for friing wapaneese wairwines.

edit for not enough wee s

[edit on 3/10/2009 by ocker]

[edit on 3/10/2009 by ocker]

new topics

top topics

join