It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 Death In Less than A Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
www.kob.com...

The mother of a 5-year-old Rio Rancho girl who died of the H1N1 virus this week says her daughter showed no symptoms until the day she died from it. Danielle Olivares, mother of 5-year-old Trinity Olivares, took her to the hospital on Monday because she was vomiting. A few hours later, the girl's heart stopped beating. Trinity's family found out on Thursday that she tested positive for H1N1. Family and friends made their way into St. Thomas Aquinas Church on Friday where a rosary was held for the girl. Before the somber services, the girl's mother said, "She was an energy ball—a very soft-spoken little girl." Danielle Olivares says that Trinity started to feel sick on Monday. "The only symptom I can say she had was just vomiting," Danielle said. Looking pale, Trinity's family rushed her to the hospital. Her mother said, "She was looking really dehydrated, so we decided to take her in, took her to the hospital. They put her on IVs right away and started giving her fluids. At that point, we thought she was going to be okay." A few hours later, Trinity's condition worsened. Danielle said, "Just all of a sudden, her heart just stopped all of a sudden. It was very fast."

Most of the H1N1 deaths that I have read about so far have been over a few days to some hanging in for a month. This little girls goes in a matter of hours.

In Boston people were known to die in a day from H1N1 during the 1918 outbreak. Some died at the bus stop waiting to go to work from accounts I have seen. I wonder if this was just a medical mishap or if she is the first victim of a different and more aggresive H1N1 strain.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Oh my, this really doesn't sound good.

Lets hope this is idiosyncratic, and not a second-wave mutation.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
very good point, here in idaho i havent heard of anyone dying. being in college i have had 3 professors get this and within 3 days they are fine. is this new strain getting lethal now? also i have heard that if you get it the second time around that it is almost lethal, as the body cannot fight it again, but that is just her say! thanks for the post

[edit on 2-10-2009 by tatersalad]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The article says she was very dehydrated. That could have been from excessive vomiting and not taking in any fluids. With a small child you really have to monitor their fluid intake when they've been vomiting. And also watch for signs of dehydration....sunken eyes, lack of tears, etc. This can happen to a child with just about any illness producing nausea. When you see your child dehydrated and they either can't or won't take in fluids then that in it's self warrants a trip to the ER.

[edit on 10/2/2009 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have two nephews, 8 & 4, that were both diagnosed with the swine flu last Friday. As of yesterday, both of their fevers and symptoms went away and today they are fine. In just a week both boys recovered fine.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I find it strange this little 5 year old got dehydrated so quickly. How could the mother not know she had a fever. Puking and fever go hand in hand almost all the time.

That is always the first thing I look for with my kids. If they have a fever I give them children's Tylenol liquid, and 7UP or Ginger Ale. I have also rubbed them down with rubbing alcohol or set them in the tub with cool water to get the fever down real quick. Once the fever is down the nausea usually subsides. Then it's just a matter of keeping up the liquids and the Tylenol until the fever is gone. If they don't respond to this treatment within a few hours, then take them to the hospital.

Disclaimer: Not meant as professional advice. It's just common sense from an experienced parent.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't buy it.

My daughter just recovered from this. I don't buy this story. I don't believe they took her in when her symptoms first started.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Why is it we hear about the ones dying with the virus and not about the ones who are surviving? What? Is that not news? I guess not.

Here's one more about a kid dying from that same newspaper.
www.kob.com...

Rarely do they forget to mention something about the vaccine.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'd like a little more background on the parentage of the little girl. Was she one of those kids who's mom puts Mountain Dew in their sippy cup? Did she live in a clean environment?

Sadly, there are kids (and adults) who NEVER actually drink water.

new topics

top topics

join