It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Says 911 Tape Caught Cops Planning Cover-Up After Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Too bad we can't give out the death penalty w/o a murder taking place....although it sounds like these officers tried to murder justice. It's stories like this that would keep me from calling the po-po and take justice into my own hands.

Just my 2-cents

Ironically, maybe that was the same thought the officer had before he pulled the trigger don't you think? up until that moment, he thought there was a criminal on his sights, and he felt justified in carrying the death penalty on what he thought was a criminal.

I also wonder whether the home owner considered asking the intruder to leave at gunpoint. I am sure it would have worked and he could have still reported it.

However, he felt it was necessary to "not let him get away with it" and in making that choice, he endangered himself and his family further.

Hunger for justice (or maybe even revenge?) should not override common sense and personal safety, especially when entangled with the lives of other people like your children and spouse.

-rrr

[edit on 3-10-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's unbelievable that the officer is clear of any wrong doing. The inhumane nature of how this man was treated after he was shot, how his dieing request was ignored, is at least evidence enough that this officer is not putting on his uniform daily to "serve the people". He was perfectly content to have this mans family watch him bleed to death after being shot by a cop.

I think the police force should be divided up into two departments, one that handles minor violations like traffic violations and such. Another which is more like an elite force, better trained, to deal with situations such as these. Clearly none of these cops were trained properly or this would have never happened, as they couldn't tell the difference between a man pointing a gun away from them, and a man pointing a gun at them.

Plus, twice in the back as he lay on the ground? WTF? Lethal force is not "execute and make sure they are dead". Cops are not courts. Once the criminal, so called, was incapacitated shouldn't the police officer have stopped shooting? A citizen could be charged with at least manslaughter for doing such a thing if it was taken to court...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Then Tony made what he believed was a dying request to the officers; he did not want his young family to see him shot and bloodied. Officers callously ignored his request and painfully dragged Tony by his injured leg, through the home and out to his backyard patio, where they left him bloodied and shot right in front of Lesley, Matthew and Zachary."

The Arambulas say the officers later dragged Anthony onto gravel, then put him on top of the hot hood of a squad car, and "drove the squad car down the street with Tony lying on top, writing in pain."

The Police are not your friend. Try not to forget why. try not to forget what this country is supposed to be all about: freedom.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sorry if this was already posted.

Does this really suprise anyone ?

Officer Cleared In Shooting
Brian Lilly Acted Within Police Policy, Board Determines

POSTED: 8:10 pm MST September 25, 2009
UPDATED: 4:36 am MST September 26, 2009

facebookdel.icio.usbuzzdiggreddit›› Email›› PrintPHOENIX -- A Phoenix police officer who mistakenly shot an armed homeowner during a search for an intruder has been cleared of wrongdoing by a committee that reviews officer-involved shootings.

This week's ruling by the Phoenix Use of Force Board determined Officer Brian Lilly acted within police policy in the incident in which he fired six shots at the homeowner amid the confusion of a home invasion last September.

The shooting hospitalized homeowner Tony Arambula, who earlier this year sought a $5.75 million settlement in the case.

The 36-year-old Arambula says he was armed and holding a suspect at bay when he suffered gunshot wounds to his back and arm.

Arambula claimed Lilly shot him twice as he lay bleeding on the floor of his living room with his wife and two young sons nearby.

Lilly has been named in a lawsuit filed by Arambula last week in Maricopa County Superior Court.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
LESSON LEARNED: When in your own home, if you have a gun, and you have caught an invader - SHOOT FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER. Heck, it's what the Police do.

From the article:

Arambula, 36, was armed and holding a suspect at bay when he suffered gunshot wounds to his back and arm (by the Police), according to the complaint.

So the lesson here is, if you catch someone in your home, and you have a gun, you don't "hold the suspect at bay" while you call 9-1-1, only to have the Police come into your home AND SHOOT YOU!!

No, rather, what you should do, is KILL THE INVADER. Then call the Police.

I mean, WTF else are you supposed do?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Tick

Well Joe Arpaio's crew does it again.
Who should you be more afraid of, the criminals doing the home invasion on you or the incompetent police that are sent to your rescue? It is insanity to think that you would have the intruder at gun point and be on the phone talking with the 911 operator and have the cop shoot you in the back multiple times and to more time when you are on the ground for good measure. You have to read the whole article it just gets worse much worse. Unknowing to the "idiot" cop that the line was still open to 911, he is planning his cover up. Goes to show how common place it is for Sheriff Joe's crew to cover up there screw up!

www.courthousenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

FIRST, ALL "police officers" are merely corporate security gaurds for the city or State. The SHERIFF is the only REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER. He has JURISDICTION over the entire STATE and not just his county. Although he only has that Jurisdiction while IN his county. He may not go to another county and have Jurisdiction there.

Sheriff Richard I. Mack;

www.youtube.com...

Technicality I know but important, if you EVER have a run in with the local police, DEMAND to talk to the sheriff. HE has a Constitutional duty as he is an "elected" official and not just a hired gun for the city which all cops are.

Cops are a joke these days. They go to the local night "law" school and learn NOTHING about the Common Law or Constitutional law, they are truly idiots waiting for action.

I could go on but what's the use. Good post S&F and everyone needs to understand what is going on. Sovereign, reponsible people DO NOT NEED policing period. If someone comes into my home uninvited, they are dead within moments, I will not hesitate to use deadly force, cop or no cop.

The only good cops are the deceased ones, they were way better 40 years ago. So I guess you could say, the only good cop is a dead cop? That would be the short of it.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by daddio]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How was he cleared? I seriously don't get this one.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
This might surprise many of you.

The officer in question has been cleared of any wrong-doing by a police review panel.
Panel clears policeman in accidental shooting

[edit on 2-10-2009 by mckyle]

I'm not surprised at all. Here in Arizona the Judicial system always has the police officers back no mater how much the officer screws up!
I have a friend that spent 3 months in jail and the sheriffs department completely destroyed their home and stole over 15 thousand dollars worth of their personal goods such as ATVs and such. They did this with NO merit what so ever. The Sheriffs department did this based on the fact of were they live is surrounded buy a bunch of low life druggie type of people.
Oh and the sheriffs got away with it scott free.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by chiron613

It is not the fact that the cop screwed up that is the issue and the reason for the exploit on UTube. It is the fact of the attempted cover-up, the further abuse and mishandling of the victim (the homeowner), the further mistreatment of the family; and on and on and on.

You don't think this is something that should be investigated? You don't think that this is only the tip of the iceburg of a much bigger problem?

We all know that not every cop is bad, but when cops are bad it is not to be swept under the rug. They have power, weapons and authority and when they are bad its your and my security and well-being at stake.

Very well spoken Wayno!
I would say "Second line" here but that dose not count for a second line.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by takewithgrainofsalt
reply to post by The_Tick

Sheriff Joe Arpaio's crew??? Does the report say City of Phoenix officers, I could be mistaken but city PD officers are ultimately the police chief's responsibility. They do not report to the county sheriff.

I could be wrong since I do not live in AZ.

OK OK takewithgrainofsalt:
I get it I forget how easy it is to be raked over the hot coals naked for a misquote or unjustified statement on this forum. FYI I am sure 5 or 6 people have pointed that out before you did.
Yes technically the police chief is responsible, but in this state Sheriff Joe has the ultimate respect when it comes to law enforcement in this state. To set the record straight I am not a Sheriff Joe brasher, as you can see I am sticking up for him in an earlier post. www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.abovetopsecret.com...
I do admit that I should have left Sheriff out of it. Yes my mistake.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I read this story on another board and it is absolutely HORRIFYING. Being an armed homeowner myself this is my worst nightmare.

The whole story makes me mad, but knowing now that the shooting officer was acquitted of criminal charges REALLY makes my blood boil. That guy needed to go to JAIL. All the officers on the scene should have criminal charges filed.

But that's the problem when cops screw up. They never get charged. They may get fired or suspended, everyone seems to think that's sufficient reprimand for whatever they did.

Police officers of all types are a tightly knit group. Recently an officer in my town was shot in the line of duty, and over 3,000 LEO's from all over the state came to pay their respects at his funeral. It's good to know they've all got each other's back but unfortunately in situations like this it goes way, WAY too far.

You can read the entire deposition filed by the homeowner's attourney here

I've often pondered myself, when faced with a home intruder, if I should just shoot as soon as I see them or give commands for them to hit the floor and wait for police to arrive. No doubt in my mind now, I'm shooting the SOB dead so I can meet the LEO's in my driveway, rather than have them meet me pointing a gun at some guy on the floor.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by The_Tick

I am of course utilizing this as a metaphor of course, because of the rise of these particular stories caught my attention immediately, and them being caught would be a metaphor for being "slain" by getting caught.

I am of course speaking in term of years here not just in the last few months.

There has been a pattern, if you will, a disturbance, in the force.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

Order 66, that literally destroyed the jedi. What I would like to know is how in gods name did Palpatine approach the Clones to betray the jedi. They had been fighting with them for a number of years against the separatists and for this order to be given to "exterminate them", I'm surprised it was never leaked. Also in relation to the cops shooting the man in the back, it almost fits. Because in Germany Hitler had the night of a thousand knives where the brownshirts (including the leader of the brownshirts who brough Hitler up the ranks) where gotten rid of. They where used as muscle for his organization and once his organization was sufficiently powerful enough, get rid of the muscle that was a competing interest to your powerbase. You see the same bullies and thugs that could be used against your enemy can be used against you if your policies are un-popular.

Right now the police are running around thinking they are invicible, it's a myth. They are being let to be brutes and bullies and thugs, so when the elite are done looting this country and has rendered everything it wanted out of it, it will use them as the scapegoat to blame for everything. The people will go after the police and once they are "done" then the elite will hire and acquire new brownshirts/police to use and start the cycle all over again.

I have to wonder if you missed my use of the word, metaphor, within my post.

While, yes, all of what you said, is along the same lines as my original post, you might want to consider clarifying your post a bit more, so it does not look like you are going off a tangent.

Please, I hope you understand I am not being overly critical, but my original post was a metaphor.

Just from one veteran ATS'er to a newer member, trying to help.

As for the people who posted about this particular event being cleared by that particular Police Department, it is obvious, to me at least, that they saw nothing out of the ordinary with the scenario, because of the events unfolding the way they did the Officer did act appropriately, IF the home owner did not identify himself, then there was a question as to who the home owner and aggressor was, because of the individual perspective of the news story that is explained the Police Officer in question was probably confused because of the situation.

This can be relegated to a mistake due to either lack of training, improper training, or just plain error in judgment.

It did however inspire me to write a short story because of it.

(TTSSC) Order 66 : Law Enforcement and the Fall of the Jedi

Officer involved shootings happen all the time, more so than the media makes us aware of in fact, but it is the intent of the Officer, and the context of the situation that must be judged, wherein, unlike in my fictional short story, the story does sound like he may have made a mistake and as well that he was concerned for his career.

I have to ask why he shot six times though, because after three, he should have felt reasonably safe.

I keep reading and hearing about Police Officer's shooting a perpetrator twenty-seven times and it makes me wonder what the Hell is going on in the story.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717

You have no idea what it is like to walk up to a car during a traffic stop not knowing if they have a gun. You have no idea what it is like to respond to a home invasion, when you know someone is there with a gun, but you don't know who !

Good morning,

As I am NOT an LEO, but simply a citizen, I cannot say what it is like to walk up to a car during a traffic stop not knowing if they have a gun. I can however say I know what it is like to approach any group of potential criminals not knowing if they have a gun, but without the benefit of being able to carry my own gun. (potential criminals being ANY groups of citizens)

Everyday, we are approached by potential criminals in ALL areas of life, criminals that can obtain firearms far easier than the general public. I know how hard it is to obtain legal firearms, because I have them. I cannot carry them in public, unless I choose to be a criminal.

At any time, any of our houses may be the target of a home invasion. The arrogance of your position is unbelievable. It is not only the police who face dangerous situations daily, the police are the only ones with an organized backup system. Each of us, from a simple traffic accident to just bumping into the wrong person at a mall could become the target of a criminal. One who we would not know may be carrying a gun, knife or other weapon.

Your "Us against them" mentality is exactly the cause of anti police rhetoric. When you draw lines in the sand, you create the atmosphere where each of us has to choose a side of that line. Since we are not police, that choice has been made for us.

In NO way was the person who was protecting his house in the wrong, and in no way was the police covering up their mistake right. (I appreciate your statement to this effect) My point, is that all law abiding humans today face a very real threat in their daily interactions. So we do know how it feels to "Not know".

..Ex

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717

You have no idea what it is like to walk up to a car during a traffic stop not knowing if they have a gun. You have no idea what it is like to respond to a home invasion, when you know someone is there with a gun, but you don't know who !

We also have no idea of what it's like to Tase a 17 year old kid on a bicycle and then run over him, dragging him for 15 feet and leaving his dead body under the cruiser while trying to figure out what to do about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or.. what it's like to Tase a suspect in the back of the car trying to scarf down evidence that can be safely recovered at a medical facility... which is where he wound up at anyway due to the "medical distress" (cardiac arrest?) where he died from the event.

(Panama City Florida)
www.walb.com...

Or.. what it's like to drive 40 miles out of our patrol district, across the State Line into another city , in order to kill a person at a bar that we had issues with in the past, and to then be exonerated for the action...

(Pensacola Florida - Alabama Police Officer)
blog.al.com...

Yeah, your right. We have no idea.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Special Ed student beaten by officer for apparel.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What a great find! S&F from me.

If you call the police when a criminal assalts you, who do you call when the police attack you?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join