It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Lost Olympics Because Obama Left Copenhagen Early

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Showing great disrespect, President Obama made his speech in Copenhagen and then almost immediately left to come back to the US. His appearance, seeming like just a check-list item of something he had to do, made a negative impression on the Olympic selection Committee.

Obama had the right idea to come to Copenhagen, he just didn't follow through and instead followed the advice of others to get back as quickly as possible.

Better luck next time, America.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wrong, wrong wrong.

It is all former President Bush's fault, and that Rush guy.

It was a set up by the right, a grand right-wing racist, religious, Nazi conspiracy to get an Obama failure that even the left biased media could not avoid reporting on.

Thank God Obama has something real to blame this failure on.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

So you're saying up to the point where Obama left the country, the committee would have awarded the Olympics to Chicago, but because he left early, the committee radically changed their minds at that moment and awarded it to Rio?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Or maybe they looked at the bids and Rio's was the best. Or converselly Chicago's was the worst.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good. He didn't have any business there in the first place.
At least not when you consider his close allegiances to people who would stand to benefit from such a thing.
Not to mention the fact that he himself will be out of office in 2016 and most likely be back in Chicago himself.

Reeks of Conflict of Interest and I'm glad it didn't pan out for him.

I'm opposed to such a notion whether it be commited by Obama OR Cheney, so no need to call me a rightwinger or anything.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am glad it did not pan out. Not because that the Olympics being held here would not have been a good thing, but because of they amount of money that the country would have had to spend to set everything up.
That and it reeked of payback, as well as, maybe something illegale from the entire deal. President Barak Obama needs to pony up to the plate and start being a leader, and stop being a cheer leader, he needs to take the reins of government and start being the leader and President.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There was simply not the slightest chance that the 2016 games were to be awarded to the US. Even if the queen of England herself made a speech supporting Chicago, it wouldn't be enough. I bet the 2020 will go to Russia.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

I don't think many Americans were set on having those Olympics in Chicago other that Michelle, Jarret, Daily, Barrack and other insiders set to profit. Who would want to go to South side Chicago?

When the announcement was made this morning on the Floor of the New York Stock Exchange that Chicago had LOST a cheer went up!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
When the announcement was made this morning on the Floor of the New York Stock Exchange that Chicago had LOST a cheer went up!!

Were they cheering because Chicago lost its bid, or because Obama failed?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by plumranch

Were they cheering because Chicago lost its bid, or because Obama failed?

Probably because the Banskters knew that holding an Olympics meant the Government had to spend some money on facilities which would leave less for the "Ultra-Criminals" to get their greedy blood soaked hands on.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh well there's always 2020 or 2024. Guess we'll just hold our collective breath til then.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I can't believe the audacity of a person who got their political start in a certain city just a few short years ago and decides that he is going to take a "gang" of his buddies to bid for the olympics to be brought to "his" town... people who actually hold real estate in the city itself, no less.

The guy is a mobster.

And yeah, it would be a very bad move to make in such an economic period.
Sure, it would be great for the local economy in Chicago. But other than that, it has almost no return on the investment to the broader economy.

And you can bet your taxpayer dollars involved the money pumped into the system would come from the coffers of the entire country. Not just Illinois.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Chicago lost because it was the weakest bid. It didn't even survive the first round of voting. Compared to the other cities bidding, it looked like they had barely put together a proposal.

Sour grapes a bit? "Oh, we only lost out because Obama left early..." Gives you a shot at Obama as well I suppose.

Ok, keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Of course if he got his way the people of Chi-town would be footing the bill this is one goal I'm glad didn't happen. Unfortunately that's not the first of his deals that didn't work.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

What you've described could also be seen as someone supporting their home town. If my town was up for something like this and I had the power to do so without harming others, then yeah. It is good for the entire country, as well as the struggling large American city.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I think the author of the thread is from Copenhagen.
That being said, I doubt this person is taking "cheap shots" at Obama because of some left/right issue.
Maybe taking shots at him because he is scum?

I see no problem with that.

Sure, Chicago wouldn't have won the bid at any rate. And actually, this speaks volumes to the tactics that Obama actually employed in this endeavour. He was hoping that his celebrity status would win the bid in and of itself.
He took Oprah Winfrey with him for Pete's sake. And as you said, it was doomed to fail.

This entire thing is laughable. Not to mention the fact that it was just plain wrong.

It shows me the guy is almost completely inept.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

I fail to see how hosting the Olympics is good for the entire country.
Sure, it is good for Chicago, but that is about it.

Not to mention the fact that I would bet serious grip that the money used to fund it would come from federal coffers. Meaning your taxmoney in Texas.

And Texas would see almost NO return.
But hey, we're all about that lately, aren't we.

How much money have you given to the banksters?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I totally get him promoting his hometown but, he didn't use it as good for the country just good for the Obama's and Chicago.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Did I miss something it was as though obama was begging at the last minute in

Copenhagen to get the Olympics to come to Chicago. It takes preparation and

not a last minute Hail Mary pass to get the Olympic committee's attention. I feel

sorry for obama he gave his best and it was not good enough and he is trying

to change America and America is not ready for his change. ^Y^

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Wrong, wrong wrong.

It is all former President Bush's fault, and that Rush guy.

It was a set up by the right, a grand right-wing racist, religious, Nazi conspiracy to get an Obama failure that even the left biased media could not avoid reporting on.

Thank God Obama has something real to blame this failure on.

I assume you are kidding.

<<   2 >>

join