It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Video: Glenn Beck 'uses Vicks to cry on cue'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I love how people are climbing on the anti Beck bandwagon with this video. Its called publicity and it is working like a charm suckers!!!

This was a publicized PHOTO SHOOT. Photographers use all sorts of tricks in photo shoots. Hey you know that beautiful picture of a bowl of cereal that you see in ads...That's not milk in the bowl. It's white glue. Ymm. HOW DECEPTIVE of Kelloggs to do such a thing. Let's start an anti Kelloggs thread.

Oh what about airbrushing countless photos in magazines and the use of photoshop to create pics of UFO's to post on ATS. Lets not forget beauty pageant models putting vaseline on their teeth to illicit those award winning smiles.

No smoking gun here. Just a troll fest.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Good points. I think it has more to do with party lines than what Beck did or didn't do. If Beck were a liberal democrate he would be OK. But since he is not, he is a target.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
..It's a photoshoot. What do you expect him to do to show off his "crying?"

Jeez. I hate the guy more than anything but c'mon now. This thread is pointless.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by nunya13

So, for a photoshoot did you want someone to slug 'im in the stomach so that he could cry? Photoshoot does not equate to, "he's doing this right now so that later on TV he can fake cry and deceive people."

Is the next video going to be about how pro-wrestlers use stage blood to bleed?

[edit on 10/2/2009 by octotom]

You are absolutely right. it was a photoshoot and is taken out of context.

But that does not equate to "Glenn beck doesn't use crying in an effort to manipulate viewer opinion."

-rrr

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
This whole thread is deceptive. The intent is obviously to try and implicate Beck as somehow being ingenuine on his shows when he gets emotional.

Even mentioning that the video is "leaked" so as to conjure up the notion that he was hiding this and didn't want the "truth" to get out.

Come on, it's a freakin' photoshoot! I've watched his shows and I can tell you that I do believe that he has a genuine passion for his subject matter and that from time to time he gets worked up about it.

Why this remains on the front page is news to me. This is a non-event.

Even if he is genuine, I happen to find fault with the use of emotion to convey news. It's like canned laughter in comedy. I don't need TV to tell me what emotions I am supposed to feel. It is condescending. I happen to have a brain and I can figure out the appropriate emotional response on my own.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think this is just an advertisement for Beck.

No publicity is bad publicity.

I think they scripted the whole thing --- purposely to rock the boat and cause a stir (and cause some ratings!)

It's like a "shock jock".

Shocking, he fake cries. Oooo.

It prolly wasn't leaked, but rather promoted intentionally to increase popularity and ratings.

Like, basically Beck wanted everyone to see him using vicks to fake cry.

Look at how stupid all those faces he make are.

There is no way they expect people to think he really did not know this video would be released.

This is like a huge joke to them. That people are easily riled up by "a video of Beck crying".

$$$$ Ratings, controversy, and shock value.

No leak, more like a Promotion.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I know this has been mentioned at least once on this thread already but it seems that it needs ramming home some more.

He talks about helping the Vicks along by lifting his eyebrows BECAUSE his eyes have gotten used to using Vicks.

Ergo he does it a lot, ergo he does it on his show. I feel very sorry for anyone taken in by this dishonest entertainer. You all have millions of brain cells, it's about time you started using them.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
When I see this I think of a quote from "Sometimes We Cry" by Van Morrison.

Quote: "I'm not going to fake it like Johnny Ray"

I think we can now add GB to that too. I like GB and I think this is being blown out of proportion but as soon as I saw it I thought of Van. Check out the song you will totally agree, it's about crying on queue to make people believe you.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Kudos!

Glenn Beck is an Uber-Douch. Cheap drunken demagogue.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This reminds me of my extacy days. Vicks vapor rub smeared all over your face enhances sensory feelings.

I am sure this is probably a long time trade secret. Nothing that Beck invented. In my own experiences, it is usually the phony people out there, with no character that label others.
They are usually so fake, and unable to see themsleves...that they are most of the time unable to see personalities of people they deal with on a regular basis.

They just play a role, and are oblivious to their false personalities.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Glenn Beck is an absolute joke, this is clearly just one reason to show for that. To everyone who is just saying that this is just a photoshoot, why would he say "I think my eyes are getting used to it", wouldn't that imply he's used it before? Also you do something once, 'for camera presence' your going to use it again.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is just a warning message to the others in this thread trying to defend Glenn Beck, or trying to show people the truth about the whole video. Which is that it is nothing.

Because Glenn decided to question the Messiah and not praise him and his slug chronies these people have a hard on for taking Beck down. They will stop at nothing to do it. They will believe anything said because they hate him so much. They will even shut down the thought processes of thier own minds, rather then think for themselves and come up with thier own thoughts and opinions. They want to be sheep for shepard. Mental puppets for the puppet masters.

Sure I dont agree with him on alot o issues. But even I can see what this photo shoot is. I have also seen thousands of topics like this, and the people it draws. They are the kind of people that will just hate him because its what thier selected masters on the media told them to do. They want to be good little puppets. They will think what the masters tell them to. That is "Glenn Beck is evil and stupid and he fake cries". No matter what you say, no matter what evidence you provide you will never get through to these people. They just want to hate him and take him down. They dont like him, they dont agree with him, they dont want anyone else to listen to him and see him either. All they want is thier own goofy, ridicolous propaganda to flow from the BS tap. Thats it. Its quite disgusting really.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is an utter scumbag, he happily lies and uses those lies to distort people trying to do their best to further civil rights. However he was posing for a photoshoot and so the normal rules don't apply. I won't hold a photoshoot where he has to cry against him, if he did this for his news program, then that would be a different thing entierly.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's a photo shoot.
I guess I don't see the issue here.?.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Glen Beck is a mass media whore selling misinformation to the gullible.

I can't believe anyone falls for his shtick...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hahahah what a phony this guy is through and through. How anyone with half a brain can watch him is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
THIS is exactly the problem with television...fake and scripted bs. Can someone come up with a way to jam their broadcast signal, please???

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't watch Glen Beck at all, but I think you guys have this all wrong... But there is one comment that in my opinion makes me want to agree with you all.

I think this is just for a magazine shoot, so they wanted him to appear as if he is a sentimental or just crying since the news about him is that he cries on camera.

But he says something that is strange "I think my eyes are getting use to the stuff" which makes me think that he does use it when taping a show or has been using for a while, but maybe he meant for that day alone...

But I can't see how he could accomplish putting Vicks on his eyes while in an interview with Orielly... I don't think there is much time between the applying of Vicks on your eyes and the start of crying...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

Yep, its called the OFF switch... Not to be a smart a-s about it, but that's what I do....

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
To all those calling me out for being phony:

1) The title thread is the EXACT title of the article, I didn't come up with it so don't accuse me personally of purposely misleading people. It's too late in the game to change the title thread because I started getting replies left and right after it's inception. I'm going to edit the OP to make clear this is just a photo shoot.
2) I don't like Glenn Beck because he makes the entire movement of anti-corruption look like a big joke with his on-air shenannigans
3) I don't support Obama at all, so saying I'm doing this because he's exposed Obama for the farce he is is absolutely unfounded.
4) I KNOW THIS IS A PHOTOSHOOT. I thought it was funny, as I said in my very first statement in the OP.
5) I gave my opinion as to why I thought this could suggest his on-air blubbering is a bunch of hooey. If you don't agree with that opinion that doesn't make me a deceitful liar. That just means you don't agree with my opinion.

Edit to add: Oh yeah, now I remember why I didn't edit the OP to make clear this is a photoshoot...cuz I can't! So quit calling me a deceptive liar. If you don't agree with my opinions then you don't agree with my opinions. I think that your overblown reactions to my OP shows just how much of a vested interest people put into Glenn Beck and don't even realize how much someone like him is just a tool to make people genuinely concerned about our government (whether it's run by the right or left) look like a group of irrational people who only care about right vs. left.

Rise above it.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by nunya13]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join