It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Video: Glenn Beck 'uses Vicks to cry on cue'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by nunya13

So, for a photoshoot did you want someone to slug 'im in the stomach so that he could cry? Photoshoot does not equate to, "he's doing this right now so that later on TV he can fake cry and deceive people."

Is the next video going to be about how pro-wrestlers use stage blood to bleed?

[edit on 10/2/2009 by octotom]

I agree, the photo shoot wasnt to try to fool anyone, it was because he was being made fun of for crying on his show so they wanted shots of him crying for the shoot. Its a testement to his ability to laugh at himself and some would try and make out like he is scamming people. Come on.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Jeez, this is ridiculous. It's a photoshoot for crying out loud! Photoshoots are planned! Of course he's not going to go to a photoshoot and do whatever he feels like. Beck may be an idiot, but come on...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by meowmeow

Which is why the OP said that this is for a "good hearted laugh". Did you guys read the OP? It's SUPPOSED to be funny. Laugh it up!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Jeeez! It's a photo shoot! It's not like Glenn would resort to gimmickry. fakery or stunts on his program just to boost ratings!
His training as a Morning Zoo jock would preclude such things!
It would be unethical and fake! FOX would never do anything like that!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Im ok with a good laugh, but where was the funny part? Was it when the OP said:

"I just feel sorry for the folks who buy into his BS and say "oh that dear man, he loves our country so much he's bearing his soul on TV right in front of us all." What else is he in sincere about"?

Maybe I missed it, maybe I am just Skeptical but Open-minded and I Look beyond the headline & Check the source to Find the truth!

So again, where was the funny part? Was it him making fun of him self, oh, ok, I get it!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hmmm, first you say this -

Originally posted by nunya13
I've been waiting for something like this to surface. I know we have our share of "Bash Glenn Beck" threads, but, hey, the guy really does it to himself. I just feel sorry for the folks who buy into his BS and say "oh that dear man, he loves our country so much he's bearing his soul on TV right in front of us all." What else is he in sincere about?

Then the video and article where we all find out the title of the thread and what you say in the OP is misleading and intentionally dishonest.

Then you say this -

Oh good grief, lighten up. I'm sorry that me making fun of Glenn Beck has got you all defensive. Don't take it personally.

Ya know, making fun of Glenn Beck is not the point. It is the dishonesty. I'm neutral on Beck. He's entertaining but then he is an entertainer / commentator / comedian who has never once claimed to be a reporter that I've seen.

This reminds me of the trick the newspapers use. They know you will only read the first paragraph so they plant a misleading title followed by a misleading paragraph knowing you likely won't read the fact that is buried deep into the article.

One reason I refuse to support any Party is what it reduces a person too. You have to start acting like a Politician and you have to hate people simply because they have different views than you. When I start getting that way from coming here too much, I stay away for a few days to get my positive mojo on

I don't know why this got any flags, but here ya go as this will likely get you a few more. Truth always stirs up the hive.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Gang style deception eh? No fair double teaming to divert attention.

I not only read the OP, I re-posted it to show the real intent which is obvious to even a low IQ old fart like me
, and likely everyone else.

You two work for Nancy P.? The DNC perhaps?

Just kidding, I don't even belong to a Party, so have fun practicing to run for office

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wonder when people will get it?

If you go way back in Beck's history on radio, you'd clearly see that he doesn't EVER take anything seriously.... Never has, everything is a joke to him.

He is playing with Fox, as much as he was CNN, and as much as he is with the American people who fall for his crap.

He was and is an entertainer, that hasn't changed, it never will.

At the end of the day, Beck laughs the loudest, at everyone.... All the way to the bank.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
HELLO?
this is only a photoshoot they do this to MODELS all the time.
TELL me what is wrong with this?
He is obviously making a fake sad face.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Look I have been among those to first to mark out Beck as a fake in search for ratings and profit, but I hardly think this is much of a leak video. It was a photoshoot and it should be relatively expected of the acting required. But I do seem partly your point. If he was serious in the feelings he acted out he would be "displaying them" for publicity at a photoshoot..... but nevertheless a photoshoot is nothing much of a revelation.

SG

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

Is the next video going to be about how pro-wrestlers use stage blood to bleed?

[edit on 10/2/2009 by octotom]

I've got a surprise for you, chief. The blood on pro-wrestling shows is real.

Sort of.

en.allexperts.com...

Another question I get frequently is about blood. For the most part, the blood is real. Wrestlers will wrap a little piece of razor blade in the tape around their wrists, and when the time comes, they will rub the blade across their forehead, opening up a cut. This is known as "blading". They might open the same cut over and over again. Usually they aren't bleeding as bad as it looks. The blood mixes in with the sweat, which causes it to run over the face more. Sometimes wrestlers will just use blood capsules (fake blood), especially during segments that are taped backstage or aren't in front of a live crowd.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IHIPrelude94

No conspiracy is being alluded..well not really. I think he fakes it when he cries on TV and on the radio, but that's just me. I specifically said this is more for a laugh than anything else and it's in the "Politics and People" section, not the conspiracy section.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Hey, folks! It's SHOW time! Just like our ol' buddy host of Coast-to-Coast (didn't listen then and don't now). These people are in the entertainment business. And that also goes for some of the crappy, crappy UFO stuff on the TV--and I've been made very much a believer in that department.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, yes he has...

Oh_my_God! And people are thinking that's sincere??? I have never seen anything so fake in my life.
What a joke this man is. He's right up there with the sleaziest televangelists, as far as I'm concerned. What I don't understand is his flock. But then again, I never understood why people believed Jimmy Swaggart and Ted Haggard either.

I'm very happy that you made your assumption entirely based off of a youtube mash up video instead of actually watching the show for yourself and deciding.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
When Glenn Beck cries, it is authentic goobish-musing on display, no need for Vicks, he is an authentic goober trying to make a buck, and for some reason people drink-up his tears.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

That is hilarious and disgusting at the same time.
Why ANYONE with a functioning brain cannot see this idot for what he is , is beyond me!
Good Ol' Glenn, former DJ, drug and alcohol enthusiast longed for the big time of talk radio and the salary that comes with it. Converts from his sinful ways, becomes a fanatical Morman, the proceeds to dupe the gullible as a new career. He's a liar, a fraud, and one of the most self serving fools on FOX, and THAT is quite an accomplishment.

Do you even listen to him? Just wondering because of your wild accusations there. Yes, he was a scum bag, self proclaimed, it took him to the brink of death in fact and anyone with half a brain and who has listened to Beck consistently, would know that.
What exactly is a Fanatical Mormon? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Do you even know what the beliefs of the faith are in order to determine if he is "Fanatical" in them?
Is this the best you guys have? No disputations on his claims? No disputing his research and facts he has presented? Alls you can say is "Awe he's a whacko Neocon!" or "MORMON! He believes in 100 wives you know!" Not, "he said X and here is hard proof it is Y". Pathetic. Deny Ignorance heh?

This video is just showing a Photo-op for some media, like a book cover, or ad or something non really important and you are all blowing it up out of context, just like the MSM would do. So buck up people and Knock it off!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Hmmm, first you say this -

I've been waiting for something like this to surface. I know we have our share of "Bash Glenn Beck" threads, but, hey, the guy really does it to himself. I just feel sorry for the folks who buy into his BS and say "oh that dear man, he loves our country so much he's bearing his soul on TV right in front of us all." What else is he in sincere about?

Then the video and article where we all find out the title of the thread and what you say in the OP is misleading and intentionally dishonest.

How is what I say intentionally misleading and dishonest? The title of the thread is the exact title of the article I linked to. If anything, your intentionally misleading people by implying that was the first thing I said when it most clearly wasn't. You conveniently left out the first thing I said which was "this will be good for a laugh". Which is why I said this:

Then you say this -

Oh good grief, lighten up. I'm sorry that me making fun of Glenn Beck has got you all defensive. Don't take it personally.

Ya know, making fun of Glenn Beck is not the point. It is the dishonesty.

Where's the dishonesty? Glenn Beck used Vicks to cry. It says it was a leaked video. I guess maybe it isn't but I didn't say it was leaked, the person who posted the video did. I thought it was funny because he looks like an imbecile. Then I gave my OPINION as to how I thought maybe he does this to conjure up tears on his shows. I didn't know having an opinion is dishonest and misleading.

I don't know why this got any flags, but here ya go as this will likely get you a few more. Truth always stirs up the hive.

Maybe because people actually got what I was going for.

And no, I don't belong to a party either. I don't support Obama. Nancy Pelosi disgusts me. But it's so nice to know that your so above politics that you can't help but make assumptions about people's political affiliations. But, hey, thanks for letting me know how much better you are than i am.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IHIPrelude94

Even when you remove the "mash-up" factor, it's still pretty ridiculous. If you know anything about BH, you'd know she's a pretty smart cookie and is perfectly intelligent enough to take the BS out of that "mash-up" video, which I only used because I was trying to find something in a hurry, and make a clear decision based on what she saw.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Its a photo shoot. Its for a magazine cover. It has to be staged. Nice try.
Go Beck!

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This thread is a joke.
The OP states that this is a laughing piece until the obvious question comes crashing down (good job, BH)... Does the man display this behavior on his show?

The answer is yes and is immediately pointed out by the author.
But between point A and point B, when met with concerns over the issue, the Author of the Thread tells people that this is just a laugh piece.

No, this is a thinly veiled jab at Beck.
Which is cool.

This is actually very good info.
I for one, do not watch or listen to Beck. He is a FOX employee. The past 8 years have taught me not to trust a damned thing that spews from their pie-hole.

I find it funny however, that Beck actually echoes comments I find myself making... and now this.

What this really speaks to is the fact that the entire media organization is a theatrical production. All driven at the same purpose.

To decieve you and play you along their game.

Don't buy it. Follow your heart and not the words of a man who is paid to tell you what is happening.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join