It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Concedes, and Congress Thanks Them With Spit in the Eye.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I was almost relieved at the prospects of peace yesterday as Iran conceded to increased inspections, and to shipping Uranium to Russia for enrichment. I thought the Sails of War had lost their wind. Possibly, those pushing for preemptive strikes, or as I like to call them preemptive love strikes of peace would finally have to except peace.

Iran agrees to ship enriched uranium to Russia for refinement
www.mcclatchydc.com...

The agreement was announced after seven and a half hours of talks in Geneva that included the highest-level official U.S.-Iranian encounter in three decades.

Iran also pledged that within weeks it would allow the inspection of a previously covert uranium enrichment facility near the holy city of Qom, and the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Mohamed ElBaradei, announced that he'd head to Tehran to work out the details.

Here is another article link that really outlines how Iran's strategic concessions might possibly mean no World War 3; which this exact war was outlined almost 150 years ago by Albert Pike; the illuminated Luciferian.

IRAN’S LATEST MOVES WILL BE A BLOW FOR U.S. NEOCONS AND THE ZIONISTS OF ISRAEL.
lataan.blogspot.com...

If the talks are successful, the moves will take the wind from Israel’s propaganda sails about Iran being an ‘existential threat’ to Israel’s survival and the Zionists will need to find some other means of affecting regime change in Iran if Israel wants to separate Iranian influence from Hamas in the Gaza Strip, Hezbollah in south Lebanon, and Syria.

So what do the war mongers do in trade for gestures of ****submission*****concession*****and ultimately of peace?**** On the same day that huge waves of progress are made, the US Congress spits in the eye of all Iranians. They have signed legislation into policy. Now, any company that sells refined fuel to Iran; will not be allowed to sell the same oil in the USA.

US lawmakers OK fuel sanctions on Iran
obamboozled.blogspot.com...
www.presstv.ir...

US lawmakers have approved legislation to punish companies exporting gasoline to Iran, in a mote to mount pressure on the Islamic Republic over its nuclear program.

The Thursday action by the US House of Representatives would even bar foreign companies exporting gasoline to Iran from delivering crude oil to the US Strategic Petroleum Reserve, Reuters reported.

the two Senators who sponsored the bill said the following:

"This provision sends a message to companies that put profits over security -- you can do business in our USD 13 trillion economy or Iran's USD 250 billion economy," Kyl and Collins said.

Really the legislation hurts both the Peoples of Iran, and the USA. Why would this be done? I know We are taxed without representation, and that Lobby's run Washington. Well, from my days of blogging I met a lot of interesting People. It was actually many different Liberal Democrats that turned me onto one lobby in particular; it is rumored they don't run Washington, but are Washington. The link below outlines them, and their known contributions to Washington.

PRO-Israel PAC

Total for 2007-08 Election Cycle $ 2,530,590
Total 1978-2008 $46,815,244
Total No. of Recipient Candidates 2,097

So, while Our Congress People are bought by different foreign lobbies I am going to throw something in this thread for grins............THE FAILING INFRASTRUCTURE OF AMERICA. Here We sit, and We've seen countless wars of aggression sold to us in the name of peace, freedom, prosperity, and ***security**** All because of 19 supposed hijackers. The investigations have never satisfied; as is evident by the 9/11 forum debates, but still We are sold a bill of goods to endless spend money, destroy lives, and the like all the in the name of Demo-crazy, and **security**. The whole while We are being enslaved, and Our country is falling apart. Huh

I present Our failing, but once land of the free, and home of the brave.

Ah, and should You have made it this far in the thread, then read now. Iran won't suffer as they even said. China, amongst others is already filling the gap tried to be created by the Illegal, and hijacked by the Elite US Govt.
China Firms Selling Fuel to Iran as U.S. Sanctions Loom
www.theepochtimes.com...

BEIJING/LONDON—State-run Chinese companies are selling gasoline to Iran, a move that could undermine U.S. pressure on Tehran to give up its nuclear program, traders and a newspaper report said on Wednesday.

It's simple folks, the only ones that are going to suffer are the People who continue to support these insane Governments. Step outside of Your box, and realize the same thing that many folks all over the World do. Simply, We all want to eat, be happy, live in joy, and most of all live in peace. It doesn't come through conformity, but through understanding of differences.

Peace in the resistance,

Sancho

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Bah, more of the same, from the policy makers at the Fed/USA inc. As I recall they made a similar move in 1936 with regards to Japan's oil and scrap iron supply. We all know how that ended. I just wish this stuff would get more media play; this way when Iran is backed into a corner and bites someone, the people won't be crying for the West to put down a rabid dog.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks Sancho. I get more news from you than my own browsing.

Not much comment otherwise. We see the same thing over and over nothing changes and some of us just run out of anger and disgust. Another day in America.

Wrong attitude, sorry.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Honestly, can't blame you for the attitude... seems more prevalent and justified on a daily basis and I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I don't feel the same way at least twice a day about this country.

Couple of questions though, and I'm not being fecetious when I ask, I genuinely want someone's opinion; how does Iran shipping enriched uranium to Russia for refinement help ease tensions? Don't get me wrong, the Russians have it down pat, but, and yes I'm being a lil' skeptical here, what's to stop Russia from delivering said refined uranium back to Iran weaponized and ready to go?

Second question; does Iran not have the capability of refining oil into gasoline themselves? I'd think that a country as oil rich would be able to refine it into just about anything they want. As for Congress... thanks for shafting us out of another billion or so in foreign trade guys! Great job! Keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hi Ignacio Nacho Sancho
star and flag
Informative thread yet again .

I'm with you. just when all is going good no delays in talks, making progress in Geneva even Russia to take excess uranium, Inspectors welcome to Inspect the plants, then this happens.

But despite the relatively promising outcome, the Obama administration was at pains to strike a cautious tone, given Iran’s history of duplicity, its crackdown on its own people after the tainted June presidential elections and President Obama’s concern about being perceived as naïve or susceptible to a policy of Iranian delays.

www.nytimes.com...

susceptible to a policy of Iranian delays??? WTF

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Orwells Ghost

Your bah, reminded me of something I read somewhere recently. I don't remember it word for word, but it goes like:

Dinner time for a sheep is never a good time when 2 wolves, and 1 sheep are deciding what's for dinner

I am not sure who's all what in this game, but the average Person is definitely the sheep.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Not much comment otherwise. We see the same thing over and over nothing changes and some of us just run out of anger and disgust. Another day in America.

Yes, funny isn't it? Did You know the blogosphere is a major threat to the same ole' same ole' You described above? Here's a chart of Mainstream media dwindling over the last two decades........Kinda matches the rise of the blogs......
If there is no demand, then consolidation comes into play.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e21c820ec83.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 2-10-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Couple of questions though, and I'm not being fecetious when I ask, I genuinely want someone's opinion; how does Iran shipping enriched uranium to Russia for refinement help ease tensions? Don't get me wrong, the Russians have it down pat, but, and yes I'm being a lil' skeptical here, what's to stop Russia from delivering said refined uranium back to Iran weaponized and ready to go?

Second question; does Iran not have the capability of refining oil into gasoline themselves? I'd think that a country as oil rich would be able to refine it into just about anything they want. As for Congress... thanks for shafting us out of another billion or so in foreign trade guys! Great job! Keep up the good work!

For the first question I would really recommend reading the first two articles. The decisions were off joint agreements/decisions, with the US. This is what was needed to supposedly stop further sanctions.

The second question? No, Iran doesn't have light sweet crude; which is close to gasoline. They need a lot of refinement, and have relied on other countries.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

My short answer...I don't know. Just seems we trust Russia and Russia is already nuclear. But, they are friends with Iran and I wonder if they don't already supply them with some resources. They have in the past for sure.

The gasoline thing...Yeah, I would have thought the same thing. Maybe it is just a show.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Well, that is an interesting map and thank god for that.

Bloggers and the alternative sources on the net has been the biggest boon to those looking for true answers, tho some of it still must be filtered.

I guess either was people are going to look below the surface and find the truth or take everything verbatim...until they figure it out. Took me a while to question the questioners.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

It's like the ole' bully thing. They push, and push, and when You concede, then they push a little more.

In the end the kid getting pushed realizes that the bully is gonna kick Your butt no matter what, but for now they are just playing.

I know Your a someone that really likes to have all the facts. The chart comes from here. It is worth the read.

Dear President Obama: Blogs Fact-Check and Put Stories in Context Much Better than the Corporate Media
www.washingtonsblog.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

thats the day the kid finds out how to fight back. win loose or draw.

once the bully tastes his own blood or wears his bruised lip for two weeks he becomes much more cautious.

always retailate to a threat with a threat or action multiplied by x
(x being the maximum available force)

anyone watching will never threaten you again.

(downfall next time they wont threaten first)

fighting sucks. Not winning a fight sucks more.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Thanks, and yes I do want all the facts, 360. It is the 180 degrees that is hard to find the truth for.

I liked this from your link

But as Dan Rather pointed out in July, the quality of journalism in the mainstream media has eroded considerably, and news has been
corporatized,
politicized,
and trivialized.

Rather was the last honest newsman...there are no more. Others have learned from him to don't even try for the truth if they want to keep their job. Fortunately a few have drawn a line in the sand and we now have a few independent news sources on the net.

ATS good as well with our diversity. A good learning tool.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Mike Rivero over at whatreallyhappened.com really drives point home of using alternative media. Many of his links are from the blogosphere; it really is the rising source of information for the People of the World.

I like them, and use them because there are some real experts out there, and can really put the puzzle pieces together. Hence, the reason used in the OP.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Iran "says" they're going to send most of what they have to Russia. A pretty gesture but it doesn't mean much since they'll go on producing more weapons grade stuff.

Despite the hopeful signs, however, Iranian nuclear envoy Saeed Jalili gave no ground on demands that Tehran halt the enrichment of uranium, which can be used for both civilian nuclear power and nuclear weapons, according to U.S. and European officials who were present.

"The overall problem of Iran's nuclear program remains," said a senior U.S. official who briefed reporters on the condition of anonymity.

Indeed Iran, which insists it isn't seeking nuclear weapons, got much from the meeting: help with its ostensibly peaceful nuclear program, no concessions on the enrichment issue and an opportunity once again to put its aspirations for a major global role on display.

www.mcclatchydc.com...
It's a stall for time.

[edit on 10/2/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage, nice to see You out of Your science niche. I am actually very surprised to see You in here, was it the title?

Any ways this link is from one of the blog links in the OP. It's not stalling for time. We are at a break through point. The US Administration hasn't been willing to hold talks with Iran until now. There is progress being made. Read the article below. Iran has done nothing wrong.

Iran agrees to send uranium abroad after talks breakthrough
www.guardian.co.uk...

ran agreed in principle today to export much of its stock of enriched uranium for processing and to open its newly revealed enrichment plant to UN inspections within a fortnight.

The agreements, struck at negotiations in Geneva with six major powers, represented the most significant progress in talks with Tehran in more than three years, and offered hope that the nuclear crisis could be defused, at least temporarily.

Western officials cautioned that the preliminary agreements could unravel in negotiations over the details. But if the deals are completed, it will push back the looming threat of further sanctions and possible military action.

A full day of talks in a lakeside villa just outside Geneva included the most senior and substantive bilateral meeting between an American and an Iranian official for three decades. At a lunchtime break in the proceedings, the US delegate, William Burns, took aside Iran's chief nuclear negotiator, Saeed Jalili, for a one-to-one chat that lasted 40 minutes.

At the end of the negotiations, the EU foreign policy chief, Javier Solana, on behalf of the six-nation group – known as the E3+3 and consisting of Britain, France, Germany, the US, Russia and China – said the meeting "represented the start of what we hope will be an intensive process"

Here's one of many articles that there is no weapons grade manufacturing facilities in Iran. You being the "science guy" should know it is extremely difficult to convert from low grade to weapons grade. Iran doesn't have the facility for such. Hey, thanks again for coming in, buddy

Iran not producing weapon-grade uranium: IAEA
www.hindu.com...

DUBAI: Iran has not converted the low-grade uranium that it has produced into weapon-grade uranium, inspectors belonging to the International Atomic Energy Agency have said.

The Austrian Press Agency quoted an IAEA expert as saying that the uranium substances that Iran has produced at its Natanz enrichment facility have been carefully recorded and remote cameras have been installed to supervise part of the stockpile.

“If the Iranians intend to transport these uranium substances to a secret location for further processing, agency’s inspectors will find out,” he said.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Don't know who Mike Rivero is but WhatReallyHappened, is a source I really like as well. Hung out there before I found ATS.

A lot of news from varied sources.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

He's the guy that runs the place. It's his site; he's sharp, and he finds a lot of content from the alternative media.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is an important thread imo. It shows what we all know and that is that if the nwo want a war there is pretty much nothing that will stop them. If the "enemy" makes concessions. The waring nations will just try and provoke them by taking aggressive stances out of mainstream site.

Iran's concessions barely got any coverage. Instead we had Jon and Kate plus 8 crap, Letterman, Obama's failed Olympic bid, even a possible surge in the dead end that is Afghanistan(40k troops:flame

There is literally a treasure trove of good distraction stories going on right now . So the waring nations will just keep poking Iran out of sight and hope Iran gets aggravated enough to bite then report on the Iran aggression. If Iran still doesn't bite and all provocations have failed they will just make up evidence of a nuke program.

I can't predict how this will all go down because i have also seen Ahmadinejad call for a New World Order and a global government and he makes very silly comments about Israel and the holocaust i'm not saying the comments are wrong i'm just saying they are silly unless you are trying to provoke an attack hmmm.

I say that Iran is possibly a controlled state and as usual the nwo is in control of all sides. If the NWO is planning a 3rd world war they will will most certainly want to be in control of all participating nations its more fun and predictable that way.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Iran is very forthcoming to the IAEA regarding power generation. When it comes to weapons development, not so much. IAEA is not convinced. Nor is there reason they should be. There is not a lot of reason to trust Iran.

IAEA report, August 28, 2009

28. Contrary to the requests of the Board of Governors and the Security Council, Iran has neither implemented the Additional Protocol nor cooperated with the Agency in connection with the remaining issues of concern which need to be clarified to exclude the possibility of military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme. Regrettably, the Agency has not been able to engage Iran in any substantive discussions about these outstanding issues for over a year.

29. It is critical for Iran to implement the Additional Protocol and clarify the outstanding issues in order for the Agency to be in a position to provide credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran

www.iaea.org...

[edit on 10/2/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join