It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you more likely to get sick if you took the flu shot last year and skipped it this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've heard that if you take the flu shot, say for like three years straight, and then decide to skip it the next year,... that there is high chance that you will get sick.

So if this is true, what does that mean for the Swine Flu?

My theory is that the swine flu vaccine is not going to have it's full effect until 2010 or 2011... The millions of people that take the vaccine this year will experience minimal side effects, and at the very worst we will have a repeat of what happened in 1976.

But the real danger of the Swine Flu Vaccine is that it will weaken your immune system to the point that in the fall/winter of 2010 people will be getting sick left and right on such a massive scale that it will cause Mass Panic.

I mean their was a shortage of the regular Flu Shot Vaccines here in Texas this year, so what happens if they can't produce the same amount of Swine Flu vaccines next year?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think just one point to bring up here just as a fact.. the flu jab does not stop you from taking the flu, It just lessens the symptoms that the average healthy person fights off, Which is why its always given to those who are older or have pre existing conditions,

Im not sure on the Swine flu one, Its thats to stop you getting it or just to lessen it? I will have to have a read up on that,

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Personal experience has given me cause to believe that if I took the flu shot last year and skip this year, I will be less likely to contract the flu this year. Just saying, and that is why I am not taking a flu shot this year. Also, last year I took the flu shot, but not the year before and I got sick as hell for a long time last winter. Just saying, this is from my perssonal experiences.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Since flu shots change from year to year based on best predictions for which strain will be most prevalent during a given year, I think skipping a year may make one more prone to develop debilitating symptoms based on missing that particular years' shot, rather than having had three different shots over three different years and than missing one.

[edit on 10/2/2009 by Toromos]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Funny you mention 3 years. I took the normal Flu jab for 3 yrs straight because myself and hubby were picking all the bug's up from children's school, even though they were not!

I requested our doc give me the flu vaccine and so he did! Funny how the year I refuse ( dont ask me why, just a gut feeling ) I come down with repeat chest, sinus infection's and secondary infections - including HIB? I thought I was gonna die at one point!

I have also been diagnosed with asthma - well they gave me a Brown inhaler when I felt like I was gonna die, just this year.
I had a Blue inhaler for hayfever which I never even suffered from before until the last few years?

I have not had the flu jab this year nor the last because I feel like I have never been so ill in all my life. and perhaps the jab was the reason why?
You may be on to something here?!

I know one thing though, I will never have that jab again, I would rather have the usual flu or cold than suffer with what I have!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Im sure our immune system is present for a bloody good reason! It is not here to tolerate all the crap the government want to pump us with....

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

So basically it seems like flu shot does nothing more than weaken your immune system. You're body becomes so use to having he crap that doctors & nurses inject into us that your body secretly becomes addicted to it like crack... And when your body doesn't have that "crack" anymore... you get sick

That's the way I'm starting to look at it.

top topics

join