It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Hollywood Production giving us a glimpse of the future.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

A husband and wife in a small Midwestern town find themselves battling for survival as their friends and family descend into madness in The Crazies. A mysterious toxin in the water supply turns everyone exposed to it into mindless killers and the authorities leave the uninfected to their certain doom in this terrifying reinvention of the George Romero horror classic. Directed by Breck Eisner (Sahara), The Crazies is written by Ray Wright (Pulse, Case 39) and Scott Kosar (The Amityville Horror, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre). The American Dream goes horribly wrong when the residents of this picture-perfect town begin to succumb to an uncontrollable urge for violence and the horrific bloodshed escalates into anarchy. In an attempt to contain the epidemic, the military uses deadly force to close off access into or out of town, abandoning the few healthy citizens to the growing mayhem as depraved killers lurk in the shadows. Sheriff David Dutton (Timothy Olyphant); his pregnant wife, Judy (Radha Mitchell); Becca (Danielle Panabaker), an assistant at the medical center; and Russell (Joe Anderson), Dutton’s deputy and right-hand man, find themselves trapped in a once idyllic town they can no longer recognize. Unable to trust former neighbors and friends, deserted by the authorities and terrified of contracting the illness themselves, they are forced to band together in a nightmarish struggle for survival.

Now obviously I don't believe that people are actually going to become exposed to a toxin that will turn them into a mass murderers... But the images of Quarantine, Mass Panic, Military using Deadly Force and Civil Unrest have been a constant theme in the movies as of late. Also, it might be a Pandemic used on the people (deadlier than the swine flu) that creates Martial Law.

So... Throw this in with the rest of the movies used to desensitize the public to the future they are about to encounter.

(BTW this appears to be a 1973 remake)

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Interesting I also just saw the episode of Flash Foward (where everyone in the world blacks out at the same time and see's a vision of the future) and there were military checkpoints where citizens are supposed to show identification and whatnot before they can go. And subtle conversational text's such as "conspiracies feel good because people want a bigger explanation for things" its incredible the amount of subtle programming happening everywhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Actually this is a remake of a George Romero film from the seventies. The warning seems to have come and gone. See the original.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sounds like a good movie. Can't wait to see it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I imagine script writers in Hollywood surf the internet for stories. If a person was imaginative enough they could write alteast 50 stories about conspiricies they find on ATS.

If I was a movie writer I would steal all of the little ideas on this site and make a movie out of them and live high on the hog.

Then I would read how you guys think I am telling you something when in reality I'm just regurgitating your ideas and thoughts.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here's what happens:

Virus turns people into zombies, only they don't initially look like zombies.

"zombies" take over town.

Military (why is the military always portrayed as our saviors?) comes into town to kill/stop all the zombies.

Zombies get out of hand, take over the town, and overthrow the military.

Military panics, and drop an H-Bomb on the town.

Hero of the flick barely escapes the explosion.

Credits role; people ask for their money back.

Guy working the ticket counter says "you can't get a refund after seeing the movie"

People face palm, then go home and decide it would have been better to see "inglorious bastards" for a second time instead.

Or so the preview alludes to.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan

Actually this is a remake of a George Romero film from the seventies. The warning seems to have come and gone. See the original.

As you can see... I noted that this was a 1973 remake.

That doesn't matter... it's the fact that Hollywood decided to take a movie like this, ( along with countless others) regardless of when the screenplay or book was written, and sell it to the public.... before similar events happen.

Sorry dude...

The Lone Gunman episode is no coincidence. I don't care what the producer, or screenwriter says to defend himself.

If you want to stay asleep, then be my guest... but 9/11 was foreshadowed in Hollywood before it happened... NOT BY ACCIDENT.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Sorry dude. Missed that. I agree about the lone gunmen. That was weird.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

If I was a movie writer I would steal all of the little ideas on this site and make a movie out of them and live high on the hog.

SHHHHHHH! jd, thats MY idea!

I thought of it first...mine! All mine! Gimmee......

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

A book you may be interested in. "Hollywood Vs. the Aliens" by Bruce Rux. The motion pictures industry's participation in UFO disinformation.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Or maybe the terrorists/government/whoever did the 9/11 attacks based it on what was seen in a TV show or a card game (I remember seeing a card game with a card that apparently showed the towers burning), hence making it appear as if it was foreshadowed at purpose.

new topics

top topics

join