It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate Universe begins tonight!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
So the fourth episode has come and gone... another weak episode in my opinion

Maybe they're doing this on purpose... building up to some huge event that'll kick this thing off. Or maybe it's a sign of things to come.

Yeah, I agree. Hubz was struggling to get through this episode. About 9:45 he started snoring. When the episode was over at 10pm, I sort of shuffled and he woke up saying, "that got REALLY slow at the end."

Yeah, no doubt.

I really WANT to like it, but it's killing me slowly. Hubz even said tonight that its completely missing the humor of SG1 (and Atlantis to a lesser degree). I loved the snarkiness of RDAs character. (And his looks, but thats another matter altogether.) Eli has a few funny lines, but the show just needs MORE.

If you check out SyFy forum boards, they rip SGU apart.

I hope it gets better. It's losing hubz and I fast.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I too was disappointed at first, but now Im starting to like it. The dissapointment came from expecting a continuation of stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. But its not. Its something different. Its an adult-soap-opera staged in space. The episodic style and special effects have been reduced and the psychology and dialogue of the characters are now the main focus.

If one can get accept that its a different series entirely, one can get into it.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I enjoy the space soap style also, hell I secretly watch Bold and the Beautiful once every 6 months (nothing happens so thats all that is required for a fix)

They are still playing with the SG style though, its not gritty enough. Theres still a hammed up feel to it. The camera diaries for exapmle this week i thought were awful.
Anyhoo, Im treating it as a new series, copying another series, Im not fussy, Im sure Ill keep enjoying it.
Zazzy F

[edit on 18-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

The camera diaries were awful...acting-wise, script-wise, style-wise. The rest was pretty good for now.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

I enjoy the space soap style also, hell I secretly watch Bold and the Beautiful once every 6 months (nothing happens so thats all that is required for a fix)

[edit on 18-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

That's probably what I don't like as much about this series. SG1 had many episodes that were complete storylines in themselves. Like "Window of Opportunity" - you barely had to know anything about the characters to laugh like crazy at that one.

I think maybe the soap opera style is difficult since I have to remember what happened in the last episode to get what is going on in this one - my memory for movies and tv isn't that great so its more difficult for me.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by zazzafrazz

The camera diaries were awful...acting-wise, script-wise, style-wise. The rest was pretty good for now.

I agree, they were terrible, it was really hard to take them seriously.

Did any of you catch the preview for Friday's episode? Where they're hurdling towards the sun..
I'm going to make a prediction, I think the ship is doing it on purpose because it can somehow refuel that way. I guess we'll see.

The episodic thing really reminds me of BSG, I wonder how far they'll take it in that regard, if it has an absolute ending already planned or if this is just one of many story arcs.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ohhh who called it?!

I guess it wasn't much of a predictions seeing as the alternative would be the ship crashing into the star and the series ending... but still, so called it.

This one was a little better, some real tension leading up to moment when they realized everything was good to go.

Wonder when we find out who the new bad guy is.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, looks like they went all "realism-sci-fi". Its less of a comic-book experience, more of a drama type thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I liked this weeks episode, even though BSG covered all these human survival topics, how to get water, dissention amougnst survivors, love triangles blah blah blah. They just dont have toasters antagonists to keep the heros journey story telling happening.
I did like this last episode the best, there appeared to be less cheesy SG writing (which i enjoy also dont get me wrong). They hadn't worked out yet how to mix the two styles, or just go with one or the other.
It will be intersting to see how the introduce an "intelligent' communicative alien into the series and see the writing style.

I suspect that the alien particles will be coming back, but bigger and than before because they were dumped on a ice planet........Maybe they were 'exiled' to the dry planet.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
I liked this weeks episode

Yeah, I did too, Zazzy. First one I've liked yet. It was still "dramaish" but tolerable. I do have to laugh that like 90% of the emotional drama revolves around the senator's daughter. She's kinda whiney and I felt so bad when Eli realized she liked someone else.
I like Eli.

I had some moments where I felt that I was watching Star Trek. Some of the references to the ship and space felt very reminiscent of star trek, which I happen to miss very much (not Enterprise).

So all in all, thumbs up for this week. It's too bad hubby fell asleep. He really wanted to like the show but has totally given up.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think over analyzing this show will make it horrible to watch. Don't expect it to be ANYTHING and just enjoy the show for what it is. Sure, it's started slowly but it's bound to pick up.

I just can't wait to see all the cool sh*t they find in that ship. Or when the ship drops out of FTL in the middle of a space battle.....wonder what kind of defensive/offensive weaponry the ship has.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Episode 7 finally introduced some Humor. Favorite Episode yet.

The very last picture (the not-real him standing in front of her door) was HILARIOUS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join