It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of a Russian Underground Submarine Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here is an interesting site with MANY photos of an Russian Underground Submarine Base. The photos are fantastic and it is amazing that the Russians keep letting out photos of such stuff.

englishrussia.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nice find

methinks that the Russians are not doing this but rather the Ukraine as thats were the bases are now.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Hi FredT,

You are probably right about the Ukraine, and Thanks. I find it amazing how many photos are being released all of a sudden from the East on such interesting stuff from the past. To see an actual underground submarine base is truly amazing.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Another excellant post. The pictures are truely amazing and I guess look very much like the London Underground when the Thames bursts it's bank.

One has to wonder, given the Russian Navy's fondness for everything vodka and brake fluid, about those tight turns.

On the other hand, another brilliant location find for Hostel 3!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Now that's some wicked cool s%@t, right there.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. Cool that it looks like the general public can cruise through it in their canoes, that'd be a neat paddle!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Cool pictures. The Germans had similar pens in France during WWII. They're designed to protect against air attacks. The Russian one is near probably near Sevestapol if it's in the Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Great pics!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Not smart to put submarines in a place like this. The best place for ships and submarines it out to sea.

One or more good hits on the entrance and nothing is getting in our out of a place like this. More than one entrance and exit...no problem...just hit them all. Not a problem with todays equipment.

THe Chinese too have a base like this inside a mountain. Bring the entrance/exits down and nothing will get in or out for a long time. These things look good and impressive on paper...just not pratical with todays available tools.

Fixed fortifications in todays intelligence and weapons era is a no brainer. This may have contributed heavily to them no longer using this site. Obsolescence

What I would like to know is the background radiation/contamination levels in and around this facility. To be able to walk around with a frisker and take readings.

Thanks.
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thats some cool pictures.I even found the ones below it "off subject" very interesting too.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Amazing pictures, looking in the Secret Brain Lab what was happening here to have a Brain and Eyes attached in a jar
some sort of art?

Zelong.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Well for one the Russians arent 'letting' this stuff out it is probably a tourist to Ukraine and second it is probably obsolete so they dont care.

I watch the tv show cities of the underworld all the time and they go to US secret bunkers and such from before but when they are no longer used it is fine to 'expose' them. Try getting into their present ones

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zelong

Amazing pictures, looking in the Secret Brain Lab what was happening here to have a Brain and Eyes attached in a jar
some sort of art?

Zelong.

Does it look like art? You should look up the 1930's video of Soviets reviving dead dogs. They had a machine that mimics a heart and lungs attached to a decapitated dogs head and the head was successfully revived and even started licking around. Creepiest thing I've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Zelong

some sort of art?

Zelong.

Does it look like art? You should look up the 1930's video of Soviets reviving dead dogs. They had a machine that mimics a heart and lungs attached to a decapitated dogs head and the head was successfully revived and even started licking around. Creepiest thing I've ever seen.

I was seriously hoping it is art.I will not see/watch animals be treated in this way at All noway.
As much as your statement is true I'll stick with, its some artists idea of something that isn't right

Zelong.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Great thread! Sorry I missed it when it was first posted. The base is like something out of a Clive Cussler novel. Great pictures!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
if you look around the weblink from OP. You can find alot of abandoned sites. Would be cool to explore places like that.

top topics

join