Conservatives Revel In Obama's Olympic Bid Failure

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I do believe something like this is what you meant?

I noticed no one has said anything about the pretext for war about the Olympics, yet.

Sorry, I see things is war concepts, like Iraq was a staging ground to get closer to Iran.

Both Iraq and Iran are staging grounds to go after China and North Korea.

Now, I do believe, Brazil, will become a staging ground, to get closer to Venezuela.

All of this in the pretext of "trying to win the bid" meanwhile the real goal was to lose.

With all the other things Obama has been doing "wrong" this only makes sense.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

No, it's not paranoia. He really hates me. He really hates the economy.

Any retard who made it through Economics 101 Macro and Micro, know the basics.

If you want to put money into the economy, you can print more money which makes every dollar worth less, OR, OR, you cut taxes. Every dollar not taken from a worker gets spent several times over, meaning a $100 billion tax cut, would be the equivalent of boosting the economy $600-700 billion.

To borrow to spend, is to not only prolong the long-term misery, but to enhance the misery.

Any retard that's never had economics knows better than spending more than you take in.

You keep it up, you write a bad check, and your ass is in jail.

This guy is a walking, talking disaster in any field you care to examine.

He is a national embarrassment.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
He should be doing his job and communicating with the generals on the ground abroad and trying to find a way to get our troops home instead of flying out to bid on the Olympics.

Maybe you should look around a bit to see that he did, in fact, speak with General McChrystal on this trip. It may be a bit ostentatious to make a presentation in person instead of remotely as has been generally done in the past, but it was probably more of a "break" for him than anything else. Just because he's not within our airspace doesn't mean he is disconnected. AirForce One is a veritable hub of everything he needs to keep him working.

As far as those who gainsay the economic benefits of having the Olympics, perhaps you should review the benefits Atlanta has seen since hosting the games in 1996. There were massive telecommunications upgrades, housing improvements and park developments that provided jobs and growth for over a decade. The financial windfall would not have helped out the entire nation so much as the city of Chicago, but every bit counts in these times.

I suspect the Olympics weren't awarded to the USA because of the current economic situation. Here's a quick flowchart:

Olympics Awarded to USA>Necessary Infrastructure Expenditure>City already $1B in debt>Borrow from Federal Government>Feds $9T in debt>Borrow more money from China

This flow proves that it would be unfair as China would technically be hosting the Olympics so soon after it's recent event! A good call by the IOC!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hey guys, I am sorry you didn't win your bid.

To make you feel better, why don't you host the 2012 Olympics instead of London, many of us in the UK would be very happy for you.
If you don't I can understand; all that money to find to build the facilities
and the extra security risk.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Since the OP brought him up....let's see what Rush Limbaugh had to say today!!!!!

"Oprah Winfrey is so distraught, she is now eating her way through the fjords, after consuming Norway."

"The world rejected Obama, the world rejected Michelle (My Belle) Obama, and the world rejected The Oprah. And this is the guy who is going to talk Iran into giving up its nukes?"

"Obama and Michelle have such an ego that they thought they were going to pull this off just by showing up. Is he such a fool that he doesn't realize that these people hate America more than they like him? Does he not realize that they are delighted to make him look foolish in order to take a swipe at his country?"

"It is not coincidental or insignificant that Chicago was eliminated first. I mean, this was a bitch slap, folks, upside the head!"

"I never understood why Obama went to Copenhagen in the first place to lobby for the Olympics to come to America. I mean, we have 4% of the world's greatest athletes, and yet we win 25% of the world's gold medals. It's just not fair."

"Like I always say, folks, Obama cannot win in a fair vote. If he had ACORN representation stuffing ballot boxes, then maybe Chicago would have had a chance."

"How soon before we see the new Obama bumper sticker -- 'No We Can't'?"

All in just 3 hours folks! Awesome!

[edit on 2-10-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
They did want him to fail.

Don't you all know a good conspiracy when you see one anymore?

It is all former President Bush's fault, and that Rush guy too..

It was a set up by the right, a grand right-wing racist, religious, Nazi conspiracy to get an Obama failure that even the left biased media could not avoid reporting on.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This just shows that Obama only cares about his big business buds. We do not need to be spending the money for it or inviting extra security problems right now.

Obama made himself look like a fool and thats probably the one reason why they decided on somewhere else.

We wont see the 2016 games anyway. Its all going to be changed after 2012.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
He should be doing his job and communicating with the generals on the ground abroad and trying to find a way to get our troops home instead of flying out to bid on the Olympics.

This is why its amusing to so many people, not just "Conservatives" I'm a registered democrat. He was looking for easy funding to pay off his old crew back home imo.
Who was that black guy who came out and blamed this on Bush already? Somthing about "the world is still mad at us because of Bush and it will take time for Obama to turn things around."

When in my opinion this is the kind of wasteful off the cuff attitude that Bush was guilty of, yet it is ignored.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

mush loosebowels should know a lot about having a big ego.

Per usual RR the quotes you pick merely highlight what a buffoon he is.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
All in just 3 hours folks! Awesome!

I totally Agree. Rush just laid in to him today and made some really good points.

Obama made this event all about him. Talking about his own election in such glowing rhetoric is embarrassing. The media has Obama believing he really is supernatural.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
All things being equal...if it had been bush minor had gone to Copenhagen to lobby to have one of the games here and had lost...

...if us liberals had gloated as obscenely...those of you on the right would be calling us traitors and calling for our heads...

and we both know it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
All things being equal...if it had been bush minor had gone to Copenhagen to lobby to have one of the games here and had lost...

...if us liberals had gloated as obscenely...those of you on the right would be calling us traitors and calling for our heads...

and we both know it.

...and you'd have had a right to because, like I said IT WAS NOT A POLITICALLY WISE MOVE NOR WAS IT A PRESIDENTIAL THING TO DO! We could play the "If" game on any topic, Grover. For instance, "If the Washington Nationals had won 100 games, they'd be in the playoffs" or "If George Bush was a black man, he'd have been the first black president..." See how this works? The simple, concrete, and basic FACT is that no previous president took the extraordinary step of personally pleading with the IOC to give an American city which he had financial ties to the Olympic games.

Basically, everything Obama does which I complain about I would also complain about if Bush had done it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Basically, everything Obama does which I complain about I would also complain about if Bush had done it.

Perhaps but as I pointed out earlier...there is ample precedent for him doing so and there were other heads of state there as well.

If other nations bring out their big guns to lobby for them...why shouldn't we?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In part Obama's ego is responsible for his failure here, but really his motive despite the interests of the citizens of Chicago, Illinois and America was quite frankly to win this bid for his big business friends in Chicago, who would have profited immensely from construction and properties of interest... It would have been great for them, and bad for nearly everyone else in the city.

This one event should expose Obama for what he is.

If you hadn't seen enough before this incredibly stupid trip and predictable failure.

Rest assured in knowing from this time forward (if you didn't already) what Obama's top priorities are.

The people are not even on the list, they never were.

I hope everyone enjoyed this trip and much as the Obama's did... you paid for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thankfully not all conservatives are as rabid in their hatred for Obama as many:

Count me as one conservative who is disappointed that President Obama's hometown will not be hosting the 2016 Olympic Games.

Chicago is a beautiful city that would have made a perfect backdrop for the Olympics. The President was right to fly to Copenhagen to try to land the games, not for the sake of his city, but for the good of his country. The fact President Obama failed makes me respect him more for taking the chance, and the fact many right-wing figures opposed the President's mission shows just how narrow-minded partisanship makes us all.

For the better part of 20 years, a bitterness has infected our politics that has weakened our country.

We Republicans spent eight years trying to delegitimize Bill Clinton.

Democrats spent the next eight years doing the same to George W. Bush.

Now that a Democrat is in the Oval Office again, it is the GOP who is trying to delegitimize a sitting president.

When I try to talk to Republicans about the need to break this cycle of viciousness, some cite the chapter and verse of every hateful left wing attack against George W. Bush.

Whenever I attempt to have a conversation with some Democrats about the need for us respect our president-- whether he be an Obama or a Bush-- I am told that Bush deserved whatever he got because he was a lying war criminal who hated the Constitution and loved torturing
people.

Fortunately, there are a growing number of Americans who believe we cannot continue going on this way.

You and I may disagree on how the CIA handled terror suspects. But that does not mean that you are soft on terrorism anymore than it means that I hate the Constitution.

You and I may have a different approach to Afghanistan. But just because you want to stay there another five years doesn't mean you are an imperialist. And if I believe a decade in that forsaken land is more than enough, that doesn't mean I'm soft on al Qaeda or the Taliban.

It just means that we view the world differently.

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...

He goes on to thank president Obama for trying.

Like my signature says I have met plenty of thoughtful and intelligent conservatives whom I can respect even if we disagree.

I may disagree with his politics but what he said in this excerpt from his blog I agree with 100%.

Would that others be so gracious.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Would that others be so gracious.

... so, disagreeing with Obama is ungracious, or disagreeing with Grover is ungracious? I'd appreciate it if you, Grover, would be so gracious as to agree with me for a change!
I'm sorry, but you are making one of the most ridiculous, yet at the same time one of the most common arguments this administration and it's supporters have ever made: "Any disagreement or failure to support Obama is clearly driven by a personal agenda and/or hatred of Obama."

This nonsense started when GWB was in office. Just because the Left hated GWB for no real reason in the beginning of his presidency, you assume that Obama nay-sayers are following the same game plan. WRONG! We actually have a list of concrete, defensible and defendable REASONS why we dislike this administration... We don't have a slogan like "Anybody but Bush... n-yuk, n-yuk, n-yuk!" We actually have an idea... The idea is "Let's actually start following the US Constitution and stop the insanity!" We are currently searching for the individual worthy of that task but I can assure you, "because he isn't Obama" won't be the rallying cry we use when we find him and push for his election... you saw how well that worked for the McCain supporters and we WILL NOT fall into that trap again.

Oh, and I also noticed your defense of Obama going to Copenhagen to Schmooze and beg was "Well, other nation's dignitaries do it."
Whoopity-damn-doo-da! We're not "other countries" and the US President isn't supposed to be just some "dignitary." We're the United States and we used to be better than that. Real, crying shame that some AMericans seem to have lost sight of that fact.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Who is Joe Scarborough? I see he hangs out at MSNBC and HuffPo, so he must be a John McCain Conservative ie. Democrat Lite. Looks like he works with libs all day, and every once in a while he has to do something to make them like him?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Still the consumate democrat.

No longer an American? Party first? You would make a good Central Party Member.

Whats good for Obama and TPTB hugh?

So what if Obama fell flat on his face. Maybe other countries and other entities do not faun at the feet of Obama.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Exactly! Many of us from Chicago didn't want these games to come to our city. For most people it was just the production part of it. Daley probably would have leveled a ghetto and bused them into the suburbs just so his buddies and Barry could get their cut as they raise the cost of living just because the Olympics are in town and we can show how happy go lucky we are to the world. I never watch the games much anyway so I never cared one way or the other, but I'm sure glad we lost the bid. Soon as I saw the announcement on tv I laughed. I think Obama needs to at least pretend he is trying to repair the country instead of going on talk shows and appearing in commercials to show what a cool regular guy he is.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join