It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Revel In Obama's Olympic Bid Failure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I said that some here still find no fault whatsoever with obama, which is like claiming he is a messiah.

I actually have never seen anyone who finds no fault whatsoever with Obama. Every Obama supporter I know in my real life AND here on ATS find fault with him. Some find quite a bit and still support him. I think you are mistaken or fabricating this assertion.

I never said I was including you as one of the ones that think obama is infallible. Those people know who they are ...

What a convenient thing to say. "They know who they are". That means that ZERO people could fit this criteria and you still look like you are stating a fact. Well, I'm going to call you out. Please back up the statement that some here still find no fault whatsoever with Obama. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Screw OBAMA! I'm pissed that he would even think we'd be proud of having the Olympics in his crappy city right now. It's filled with violence and teenage beating deaths. I'm glad it went to Rio. Shame on you Obama.

MOD NOTE:Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

[edit on 2-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm glad that Rio got the Games, but wish a US city had won.

I don't think Chicago was a good choice, simply because it looked like favoritism by Obama. And he's paying for that decision now.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ok...I have to bite....

Losing the Olympic bid has nothing to do with Obama...it has to do with our terrible standing with the rest of the world.

Many blame us for the entire world financial crisis....we are fighting in 4 COUNTRIES...we promoted torture...the list goes on and on.

Obama set himself up for failure on this one. He should have known better.

But on the other hand...

I don't care about the Olympics anyway.

Either way the right will rip on Obama..no matter what happened...as many of them have now had to shift gears as they all thought the whole thing was rigged for Chicago to get it.

The nation didn't lose any integrity today...although Obama may have. This country has already lost most of it's integrity.

People can't even face the truth here anymore so why should this be any different?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Screw OBAMA!

That's deep. What excellence of thought and language!

I'm pissed that he would even think we'd be proud of having the Olympics in his crappy city right now.

We were in Chicago recently and it's quite nice. Street crime can happen anywhere. If you think there are no street gangs in Rio (of all places), you need a serious reality check.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Nope it's a factual list my friend. I dooubt a website like politifact will deal with sarcasm. They deal with facts not rhetoric.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Unlike me you have not provided any source for your list which is non-biased and factual. And my list already includes the 7 promises not kept by Mr. Obama minus the rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I'd much rather go on vacation in Rio than Chicago. Lots of very nice distractions there!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Obama is not the Messiah...isn't that what they keep saying? So are they shocked that they were correct? They create a myth and then act suprised when he can't do all things?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by maybereal11]

No, conservatives are shocked that it seems so many liberals still don't get it that obama is not the messiah. We see post after post here by members that can find absolutely no fault with anything obama has done. The only person by definition that perfect would be a messiah.

Let's be honest here, Centurion.

Republicans claim Democrats think Obama is the Messiah just as much as Democrats claim Republicans are racist for disliking Obama's policies. It's the exact same strategy with different topics. I don't see Democrats or Liberals on this board claiming that Obama is the Messiah or completely faultless, and neither do I see any Republicans claiming they dislike Obama due to race.

It's just a strategy to shift focus from issues to character attacks and broad generalizations.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I recall something I heard a while ago.............actually, I have been hearing it even recently. Something like............."You lost. Get over it." So America, you lost the bid to host the 2016 Olympic games. Get over it.
Besides, the spin is on already that this is a good thing because it leaves open the opportunity to host the 2020 games!!

So some Republicans have gloated. Oh, well. Are they right to do so? Not in my universe. Am I going to suddenly become a Democrat supporter because of this? No way, no how. I would just probably have to then turn around and become a Republican supporter because of what some ignorant Democrat supporters will undoubtedly do or say in just a few days or so if I followed that line of thinking.

In all fairness, I was rooting for Rio, anyway. Because I can imagine the colorful and culturally rich opening ceremonies that I will get to watch on TV.

Now I know that Rio isn't a great bastion of safety for tourists and residents alike. But oh the international embarassment were a tourist to get caught in a crossfire between rival Chicago gangs, and maybe even beat to death with boards, while some punk thug takes videos of it all on a cell phone, laughing and saying, "Dayuummmm!" about it all. Besides that, Michigan needs the boost in tourism and construction dollars more than Illinois.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by kyred]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Besides that, Michigan could sure have used the boost in tourism dollars more than Illinois.

What? Michigan is the shining example of economic stability!!

I agree....unemployment is the highest in the country here and this state could certainly use a boost....that boost would be shortlived however though.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
mush loosebowels said:
To be fair mush should know a thing or two about planet sized egos.
To these right wing gas bags all I can say is SIT ON IT AND ROTATE YOU POMPOUS JACKASSES!!!

How Dare you!!!

So then you have no logical argument to contribute other than to say that you're mushy with Rush Limbaugh. Really I don't think this discussion is the place to talk about what you want Mr. Rush to sit on. How does the rotation part work exactly. Never mind. I probably don't want to know.

Speaking of President Obama's trip to Olympic town, I thought it to be quite pompous and arrogant for him to believe he could persuade the world by just showing up and saying "hello". Sure, that's something that Bill Clinton could have done, but this Obama fellow doesn't have the same charming smile.

While we're on the subject, I don't remember the section of the Presidential Oath that covers palm-greasing the Olympic comittee. I read through all of Section II of the U.S. Constitution and dang it if I can't find the Olympics cheerleader section. My eye-sight must be failing me in my old age.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, seeing as how Obama's loss in this bid represents our financial gain as tax payers who will mercifully not be tasked with paying for "improvements" related to the Olympics or with the astronomical security costs... you're damn right I'm reveling in "Obama's failure."

Should I mourn the fact that our nation won't have to spend billions more dollars that WE DO NOT HAVE and also mourn the fact that the national debt we're leaving our children won't be even higher just because the whole fiasco left egg on the face of someone who I do not even consider the American president except by title alone? I'd feel the same way if it was Bush, Reagan, or had McCain been elected and they decided to inject themselves into this bid. That has never happened, however, because past presidents of the USA have been politically saavy enough and intelligent enough to recognize that the president's place isn't sitting in front of an athletic board begging to win a glorified popularity contest.

I just hope and pray that the international community recognizes that this man, Barack Obama, doesn't represent America as a whole. It would truly suck for us to become a laughing stock thanks to the many failures and shortcomings of Obama.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I will U2U you with a partial list ...

Am I on your list? Will you U2U your list to me, too?

And just in case I am on that list, let me point out a recent post (one of many) that prove that I do "find fault" with Obama:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I make it clear, in this thread that I started, that I do not agree with him on everything.

The Imperfections of Barack Obama

IF I am on your little hit list, then I can only assume that you have confused my 'defense of Obama' on some issues as 'never finding fault with him'. Your mistake. And if you can do that with ME, then you can surely do that with everyone else on that list.

So, can I see your list?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is the latest statement from Obama:

“I have no doubt that it was the strongest bid possible, and I’m proud that I was able to make that case in person,” Obama said after returning to the White House from Copenhagen. “I think it’s always a worthwhile endeavor to promote and boost the United States of America and invite the world to come see what we’re all about,” Obama said.

Calling the International Olympics Committee's selection of Rio de Janeiro to host the 2016 Olympic Games "truly historic," President Obama expressed no regret Friday afternoon for his trip to Copenhagen on behalf of Chicago's host bid.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow, wonder how many of our millions BO blew flying his wife an her crew then himself an his security detail to denmark? Guess the rest of the world isn't impressed with him either.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I have a strong suspicion that this was all pre-planned in fact to lose the bid.

The moment I head that Brazil won out over Chicago something clicked because of all the news about Obama visiting and becoming friendly with Chavez.

What better pretext and cover story to get closer to our backyard neighbors than to have to come into their vicinity in order to participate in the "brotherhood" of the Olympic games?

First there were the rumors about Bush buying almost 100,000 acres in Paraguay, then of course Obama does the exact opposite of Bush's hostility, giving him deniability.

Bush and the 100,000 Acre Woods : A Chavez The Pooh Tale

Was the bid for the Olympics just a pretext to get closer to Venezuela as a staging ground?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

This just further proves that the Republicants will revel in anything that reflects negatively on Obama, even at the detriment of the country they are suppose to serve. Woohoo lets celebrate because we DIDN'T get the Olympic bid

You mean like The Democrats and Harry Reid trying to score political points at the expense of soldiers fighting in Iraq? I seem to remember Harry Reid declaring the Iraq war lost, in the middle of a successful surge. I recall Murtha calling Marines "cold blooded killers" to score political points, even before an investigation had been done.

Some of you are so thin skinned and can dish it out, but not take it. This is childs play compared to the detriment Democrats put our soldiers in , simply so they could appeal to the far left of their party.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join