It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives Revel In Obama's Olympic Bid Failure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by maybereal11

Obama is not the Messiah...isn't that what they keep saying? So are they shocked that they were correct? They create a myth and then act suprised when he can't do all things?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by maybereal11]

No, conservatives are shocked that it seems so many liberals still don't get it that obama is not the messiah.

Interesting...Please direct me to the posts where Liberals claim he is the "Messiah"? Because that seems to be a term coined by the far right in hopes of agitating the left. As you are attempting to do here...

As for ATS posters seemingly being unable to cede Obama is mortal...Please go ahead and list policies, initiatives, qualities etc. about Presdient Obama that you admire or like....2 sides to that coin.

I have posted in the past about where I have disagreed with him on issues and political positions...while the right goes bonkers over fist bumps....

So perhaps some introspection is in order before you accuse anyone of lacking objectivity...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Go ahead and make it a left/right argument, I will be over here with the big kids
who understand that the left/right paradigm is a big crock of crap, an illusion that so many unfortunately buy into. I guess it's just human nature to pick a side, maybe scarf down some greaseburgers and flip over to America's Got Talent.

Wake up, the game has long since changed.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think it was suggested that it's difficult to understand one's hatred of the President.

I'm just hating him right back.

He hates me, he hates the American economy (me) and is taking every opportunity to destroy it, he hates the American taxpayers (me) and is piling on more and more burden, he hates small business (me) and caters to big business to the detriment of small business, so it's a mutual kind of thing.

Besides, if this dumbass just proved to the world that he can't sell his bag of tricks to the IOC, then who in hell thinks he has a chance to negotiate REASONABLY with Iran?

I guarantee you, Ahmahjackoff, Chavez, Putin, Ghadaffi, and others are laughing their butts off at this clown.

I normally would say he needs to tend to his own specialty, but community organizing is not really much of a trade.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
He should be doing his job and communicating with the generals on the ground abroad and trying to find a way to get our troops home instead of flying out to bid on the Olympics.

I believe he is doing a fine job and mind you only in 6-8 months:

Promises Obama made and kept: 45
No. 15: Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners
No. 33: Establish a credit card bill of rights
No. 36: Expand loan programs for small businesses
No. 40: Extend and index the 2007 Alternative Minimum Tax patch
No. 58: Expand eligibility for State Children's Health Insurance Fund (SCHIP)
No. 76: Expand funding to train primary care providers and public health practitioners
No. 77: Increase funding to expand community based prevention programs
No. 88: Sign the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
No. 119: Appoint a special adviser to the president on violence against women
No. 125: Direct military leaders to end war in Iraq
No. 134: Send two additional brigades to Afghanistan
No. 174: Give a speech at a major Islamic forum in the first 100 days of his administration
No. 222: Grant Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send money to Cuba
No. 224: Restore funding for the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (Byrne/JAG) program
No. 225: Establish an Energy Partnership for the Americas
No. 239: Release presidential records
No. 241: Require new hires to sign a form affirming their hiring was not due to political affiliation or contributions.
No. 278: Remove more brush, small trees and vegetation that fuel wildfires
No. 290: Push for enactment of Matthew Shepard Act, which expands hate crime law to include sexual orientation and other factors
No. 307: Create a White House Office on Urban Policy
No. 327: Support increased funding for the NEA
No. 332: Add another Space Shuttle flight
No. 334: Use the private sector to improve spaceflight
No. 337: Use the International Space Station for fundamental biological and physical research
No. 338: Explore whether International Space Station can operate after 2016
No. 345: Enhance earth mapping
No. 346: Appoint an assistant to the president for science and technology policy
No. 356: Establish special crime programs for the New Orleans area
No. 359: Rebuild schools in New Orleans
No. 371: Fund a major expansion of AmeriCorps
No. 391: Appoint the nation's first Chief Technology Officer
No. 411: Work to overturn Ledbetter vs. Goodyear
No. 421: Appoint an American Indian policy adviser
No. 427: Ban lobbyist gifts to executive employees
No. 452: Weatherize 1 million homes per year
No. 458: Invest in all types of alternative energy
No. 459: Enact tax credit for consumers for plug-in hybrid cars
No. 480: Support high-speed rail
No. 483: Invest in public transportation
No. 498: Provide grants to encourage energy-efficient building codes
No. 502: Get his daughters a puppy
No. 503: Appoint at least one Republican to the cabinet
No. 506: Raise the small business investment expensing limit to $250,000 through the end of 2009
No. 507: Extend unemployment insurance benefits and temporarily suspend taxes on these benefits
No. 513: Reverse restrictions on stem cell research
Source: www.politifact.com...

VS

Promises Obama made but did not kept: 7
No. 24: End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000
No. 234: Allow five days of public comment before signing bills
No. 240: Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
No. 505: Create a $3,000 tax credit for companies that add jobs
No. 508: Allow penalty-free hardship withdrawals from retirement accounts in 2008 and 2009
No. 511: Recognize the Armenian genocide
No. 517: Negotiate health care reform in public sessions televised on C-SPAN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Obameter Scorecard

* Promise Kept 45

* Compromise 12

* Promise Broken 7

* Stalled 12

* In the Works 104

* No Action 335

[edit on 2-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

The criticism from the rightwing regarding Obamas try is merely partisan and ideological bickering as usual. The reaction to Bush jnr on his 4 day trip to actually go see the games while the economy was on an economic collapse, and the deafening silence (again) from members on here and conservatives outside tells you a thing or two about the critics.

Now Obama rooted for Chicago and unfortunatly they lost. Nothing to it and obviously the land of hateful haters are going to try to make more out of this... its politics as usual... however bitter and childish.

SG

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

I fully agree. The Left/Right divide has always been used to pit us against ourselves. People who align themselves fully with one side are completely blind to reality. Divide and conquer...its a strategy that is as old as human history. People in the US are far too ready to pick a side in some pointless, media fueled debate than focus on whats really going on around them. I'm more concerned with survival than wasting my energies on the 'he said/she said' nonsense that passes for American politics. Its become a sport.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Mr. Obama should have known better. There is no ACORN office in Denmark. Mr. Obama is nothing without ACORN.

Seriously....where are Mr. Obama's advisors? There are reasons a US President has never lobbied for a US city before. You don't put the President of the United States in this position, and if you do there had better be a 90% chance of winning. What an epic failure.

Yes I am revelling!!!!!!

[edit on 2-10-2009 by RRconservative]

link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Ill call your list with another list.

1. Promising to "publish all non-emergency legislation to the website for five days... before the President signs it," then breaking that promise over and over again.

2. Despite promising to keep lobbyists out of his administration, Obama has broken his word again and again (making 17 exceptions to this promise in his first two weeks).

3. Obama promised to eliminate income taxation for seniors making less than $50,000 a year. He has broken this promise despite numerous opportunities to keep it, including the economic stimulus package and his administration's first budget proposal.

4. The President also boasted during his campaign that "During 2009 and 2010, existing businesses will receive a $3,000 refundable tax credit for each additional full-time employee hired," and has failed to keep his word.

5. Obama made it part of his agenda to "allow withdrawals of 15% up to $10,000 from retirement accounts without penalty (although subject to the normal taxes). This would apply to withdrawals in 2008 (including retroactively) and 2009," but didn't include this measure in the stimulus package or his budget proposal.

6. Obama broke his promise to recognize the Armenian Genocide.

7. Obama did a shameless 180 degree turn on earmarks by sharply criticizing them (and bragging that he would pass legislation without a single one) and then signing a spending bill with literally thousands of them.

8. Obama promised a $4000 tax credit for college tuition, but backpedaled when he signed a much smaller $2,500 college tax credit into law.

9. Obama called presidential "signing statements" (letters of interpretation and recommendations attached to Congressional legislation) unconstitutional... then attached a signing statement of his own to a $410 billion spending bill.

10. Obama promised a different tone in Washington D.C. and a move past bitter, partisan rhetoric. It took him less than a week as president to berate Republicans and sully the dignity of his office by picking a very public rhetorical fight with a private citizen, Rush Limbaugh.

11. In his first private meeting with Congressional Republicans, instead of "reaching across the aisle" and seeking earnest dialogue, he smugly told them that he should have his way because "I won."

12. The White House violated the custom of keeping private meetings private by leaking this comment to the press.

13. Taking a page out of the Bush Administration's playbook, Obama applied shrill, frantic, fear-mongering rhetoric to assure passage of his stimulus package.

14. Obama revealed the duplicity of his rhetoric and the arrogance of his character when he took off on a ritzy Valentine's Day vacation in Chicago for the weekend instead of signing the stimulus bill that he said needed to be passed as soon as possible to avert an irreversible economic meltdown.

15. Obama did not criticize Congress for its secrecy and closed-door committee meetings in crafting the stimulus package despite his calls for greater transparency in Washington.

16. Obama's appointment of Hillary Clinton to the office of Secretary of State was unconstitutional.
Why this isn't the problem we thought it was.

17. His movement of the United States Census out of the Department of Commerce and under the direct control of the White House was unconstitutional, politically motivated, and a dangerous, undemocratic expansion of executive power.

18. Obama's decision to continue Federal funding for religious organizations that discriminate on the basis of religion is unconstitutional and just plain unseemly for a "liberal" Democrat.

19. One promise Obama has kept is in his distribution of TARP II funds to non-financial institutions, which is contrary to the stated intention of those funds in the legislation passed by Congress, making his action illegal, unconstitutional, and an expansion of unlimited executive power.

20. Despite the buzz surrounding Obama's closing of Gitmo, indefinite detainment and torture are alive and well under Obama's administration with his chilling executive order to continue the practice of "CIA renditions" -secret abductions and transfers of prisoners to other countries where they are detained indefinitely and their interrogations are outsourced to other governments.

21. Backing "the continued imprisonment of enemy combatants in Afghanistan without trial."

22. Asking "the Supreme Court to overrule long-standing law that stops police from initiating questions unless a defendant's lawyer is present, another stark example of the White House seeking to limit rather than expand rights."

23. Limiting "the rights of prisoners to test genetic evidence used to convict them."

24. Despite claiming our environment is in a state of crisis, Obama's extravagant inauguration alone emitted over 500 million pounds of CO2.

25. His lavish inauguration also cost $170 million.

26. After saying "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times... and then just expect that every country is going to say okay," journalists discovered that Obama cranks the thermostat in the Oval Office.

27. Obama's Earth Day flights burned more than 9,000 gallons of fuel.

28. The Obama Administration ended funding for Washington D.C.'s school voucher program, while suppressing a study that showed it delivered better results at a lower cost.

29. Obama's daughters however, attend a private school in Washington D.C., enjoying the freedom of educational choice that the Obama administration has denied to poor children who live in Washington.

30. Out-of-control deficit spending.

31. Blaming Bush for America's deficits, but then increasing spending.

32. This is after saying on the campaign trail: "There is no doubt that we’ve been living beyond our means and we’re going to have to make some adjustments."

33. Made a big show of challenging his cabinet to cut a measly $100 million from the Federal budget (a .0027% cut in Federal spending).

34. Admitting that this doesn't even represent a spending cut by saying that it will free up more money for Federal spending on other things like health and education.

Edited for list being too massive.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Digital_Reality]

link   

Originally posted by grover
I hope other people find this as disgusting and loathsome as I do.

If it had been bush minor snubbed they would be calling for the bombing of Copenhagen or boycotting the Olympics...of that I have no doubt...and if liberal pundits would have been so tactless to have gloated like these idiots have they would have been outraged and called them traitors.

I already knew obama was a loser, I didn't need this to tell me that.

I am happy we won't be giving our tax dollars to the crooks in chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, grover. To be fair, that sub-culture of Republicans/conservatives that has as their motto "Obama must fail" should be happy. I mean, we have to see this from their point of view. They want Obama to fail no matter what. So, they consider losing this Olympic bid to be a "failure" on Obama's part. When Obama fails, they win!

Remember the "Damn the Country! Obama Must Fail" attitude? They don't care that having the Olympics in Chicago would have brought countless thousands of jobs to the people of this country. Damn the country. Obama has failed!
That's how they see this. And that's why they're celebrating. They see it as a personal failure on Obama's part, therefore a victory for them. .

I know... it's pretty twisted and hard to believe. But that's how they're seeing it. Let them have their celebration. They have nothing else to hold on to at this time. Their lives are full of gloom and doom because of who our president is. And this failure gives them joy.
I say they deserve it.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This is a sarcastic list right!! HAHAHAAHAHAHA!! good one..

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
He hates me

Sorry but this sounds quite paranoid. It really does.

he hates the American economy

He does? Do you realize that this statement is enormously silly?

Besides, if this dumbass just proved to the world that he can't sell his bag of tricks to the IOC, then who in hell thinks he has a chance to negotiate REASONABLY with Iran?

You really are talking about apples and oranges. Rio was better positioned that Chicago. There are limits to what persuasion skills can do, but he gave it a fair try. You can't reason with Iran until you have sanctions in place or a couple of bunker busters through the roof of their facility, and that's a different ball game.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by nunya13
I have to ask is, is it normal for a President to make a personal bid to host the Olympics in an American city?

I see Grover tried to answer your question by making it sound as if it is normal. The truthful answer to your question is no.

Obama is the first President to make a personal bid to host the olympics in an American City.
[edit on 2-10-2009 by jd140]

Well Bush did appeal to the IOC...via video link...how did that turn out??

Chirac, Bush and Putin appeal to IOC for 2012 Olympic Games
www.monstersandcritics.com...#

And then he used the Olympics in his ad campaigns...
AN AD CAMPAIGN FOR BUSH TURNS IOC MEMBERS RED!
ww.sma.../video/snoop/2268/an-ad-campaign-for-bush-turns-ioc-members-red.html

Bu hey...lets all fault our POTUS for trying....

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

He is doing a fine job?

The economy is still in the crapper even after his stimulus package and it shows no signs of getting better.

The auto makers are worse then ever, even after he pumped billions of money into the idiotic cash for clunkers program.

He has spent a huge amount of money in a very short amount of time with nothing to show for it.

I don't care how many promisese he keeps, those three right there is enough for me to be ready for the next election so we can get this guy out of there.

No sir, he has a long way before anyone can consider him to be doing a fine job.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Interesting...Please direct me to the posts where Liberals claim he is the "Messiah"? Because that seems to be a term coined by the far right in hopes of agitating the left. As you are attempting to do here...

I never said any liberals are currently claiming that obama is the messiah. I said that some here still find no fault whatsoever with obama, which is like claiming he is a messiah.

As for ATS posters seemingly being unable to cede Obama is mortal...Please go ahead and list policies, initiatives, qualities etc. about Presdient Obama that you admire or like....2 sides to that coin.

There was one thing awhile back, and I actually posted here that I agreed with obama. However, can't for the life of me remember what it was. If I think of it, I'll U2U you.

I have posted in the past about where I have disagreed with him on issues and political positions...while the right goes bonkers over fist bumps....

Please go ahead and list those to refresh us.

I never said I was including you as one of the ones that think obama is infallible. Those people know who they are ...

So perhaps some introspection is in order before you accuse anyone of lacking objectivity...

Actually, I probably do too much introspection. Ask my wife ...

[edit on 10/2/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Hmm did Bush go halfway around the world or did he spend 5 minutes via video conferance?

Ahh I see he did a video conferance. Now could you tell me what the differance is between a 5 minute video conferance and flying halfway around the world to do the same thing?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Nothing, my company uses video conferencing every day to communicate with comities in other country's.

It was a flat out irresponsible move and hopefully he learned a lesson.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I never said any liberals are currently claiming that obama is the messiah. I said that some here still find no fault whatsoever with obama, which is like claiming he is a messiah.

Cent, please refrain from broad generalization. I don't know anyone at all who thinks there is no fault with Obama, including people who tend to like the guy. If there are nutcases out there, well, there are always a few. There are probably people, a lot more numerous, who think that invading Iraq was a splendid idea. That's at least as dangerous form of lunacy.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Cent, please refrain from broad generalization. I don't know anyone at all who thinks there is no fault with Obama, including people who tend to like the guy. If there are nutcases out there, well, there are always a few. There are probably people, a lot more numerous, who think that invading Iraq was a splendid idea. That's at least as dangerous form of lunacy.

I will U2U you with a partial list ...

Line 2

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join