It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Confiscation - What would you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I agree with you.

The food aspect is something most anti-gun people cannot even fathom. If someone doesnt like the thought of owning a gun, shooting an animal and eating it seems downright barbaric to them. I deal with people like that all the time. Just wait til the food prices shoot through the roof (already happening), then the store shelves go empty. I bet these same anti gun, anti hunting people will be begging you for handouts when they see you and your family feasting on a fresh kill

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by DaMod

I agree with you.

The food aspect is something most anti-gun people cannot even fathom. If someone doesnt like the thought of owning a gun, shooting an animal and eating it seems downright barbaric to them. I deal with people like that all the time. Just wait til the food prices shoot through the roof (already happening), then the store shelves go empty. I bet these same anti gun, anti hunting people will be begging you for handouts when they see you and your family feasting on a fresh kill

I bet they will too, especially since my darling wife is an amazing cook.

Have you ever asked these people if they eat meat? If they do then you should tell them if they eat meat then they should have not only the ability but the will to be able to kill their food themselves. Buying tortured cattle from the grocery store is just as barbaric.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In the event that they decided to confiscate people's weapons, I'd assume that we would have reached a point where things are out of hand...leaving all of us like minded people to stand up and say no...we fought and died to win our freedom and if it's threatened, I would hope that people would be willing to plant their feet and say no rather than choosing a passive path. They can try...but they will not suceed if we stay true to who we are and stand together..

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
What I would not do is post what I would do on a public internet forum. Plans that might, at the time of execution, be illegal, should be held close to the vest.

co sign

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by newworld

I see his point. If they come to get them, and their guns are at the ready, you have no choice but to give them up or die.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Second Amendment is as good a cause to die for that I can think of. Without the Constitution and especially the Bill of Rights, America is just a large tract of land between two oceans.

I swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and that oath has never been rescinded

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is simple for me. I live in the country. Wrap my guns in lots of plastic, then put them in a big container, bury them deep in the woods. Then I would just deny. Of course they aren't registered so they could search away ;P

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by December_Rain

Quote:
"Well, I can understand your reasoning. I have a question though.

Right now US citizens are allowed to own guns, they always have been. Some gun owners use their fire arms for protection, while others use it to feed their families (this is no joke, I am one of these people). Ok, lets say they take our guns. What would be the motive behind removing 200 years of precedent?

What happens if we give up all our guns and right then we are in a state of martial law? Would there be anything to stop them from enslaving us? Would we loose our ability to fight back?"

First off forgive me if the for mat is wrong this is one of my first posts. As Damod and others have stated, since the inception of this great country Americans have had the right to keep and bear arms, in my eyes nowhere is this more prevalent than in knob creek ky home of the kcr machine gun shoot. if indeed martial law was instated and collection squads were sent house to house... They"re work would be cut out for them, the second amendment will not easily fade to black.
Secondly then men and women in our armed forces take an oath to not only obey orders but moreover to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. With that said our service men and women will be put in a moral dilemma their govt or their people it could be a potential mutiny and backfire horribly.
Now my personal opinion if somebody come knocking on my door they would get told whatever they needed to hear in order for them to leave, then after close collaboration with like minded individuals; they would be handled on my terms in my back yard.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
IF we had firearms, they would not be registered and IF someone was stupid enough to actually make it thru to get to the house (there are strategically placed cactus, and other nasties placed) to collect said nonexistent firearms, they would be sorely disappointed as all we would have to turn over would be a sling shot (as I am partially disabled and use the sling shot to keep wild dogs away) and paintball gun, with harness that everyone has seen us carry (noone ever comes close enough to prove or disprove this), along with our well used, sometimes needs repair, hunting rifle. Not to mention we have a reputation of being nuts anyway...

Thats my truth and I'm sticking to it.

As far as I am concerned IF "government" has come knocking on my door to collect firearms, the Constitution no longer applies and their response would be to argue your case in a court that no longer is bound by that said Right.

Casing

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'd laugh and say this was yet another ATS thread started to scare gun owners. This time it's not even based on a rumor, just a "what if?"

Who is behind them and what is their agenda?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Only a fool would trust and believe in the government... considering that the criminal element always loves gun control and would always support that which they have no intention of complying to... well... considering that the govt. is almost a crooked as the criminal element.... i have reason to think that push comes to shove you would want to have a gun near by...

also since the law enforcement is not required under any stretch of law or the imagination to come to your assistance or rescue you from a bad guy... i would keep my guns.

laws are what they are... but not one supercedes the constitution.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I would give up my guns. And offer the officer or mercinary a warm meal, and a roof over their head.

and your wife and daughter too?

[edit on 1-2-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
As an American, I will never give up my weapons. There is no alternative option.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I chose this post because It is appropriate for my style.

What would I do?

Remember these wise words:

Ever prohibition creates its bootleggers

Ill go into gun smuggling, distribution can be profitable.

after all most of the ones here would never think to start secret caches

I mean I doubt they would think of creating multiple holding companies, LLCs

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265253448&sr=1-1

use to make mass purchases as a company, say then rent storage buildings in small towns.

Nope I dont think they would!!!

Any way good luck when they do take our guns

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join