It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Confiscation - What would you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'll surrender my guns and ammo.
One bang at a time.

And I know that booby traps are illegal in my locale, but at that point, what are they going to do, desecrate my corpse? Have fun moving up the one stairway to my living area. Who saw the SAW series? 00 buck to the dome. There will be blood.

All assuming of course that I'm home when they come a knockin'. If not, no worries, they won't find me, I'll be underground.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Guns? What guns? I don't have no stinkin' guns. I don't need no stinkin' guns.

2nd line, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's the middleof the night, you and your family are asleep. You awaken to the sounds of the front and back doors being forced in, and as you stumble out of bed, you hear "Police Officers !", as well as the sounds of radios, the hustling of equipment, and notice blue and red lights flashing trough the windows. There's no doubt in your mind that its the cops.

Are you telling me that you will just go ahead, grab your shotgun/assault rifle, and step out into the hallway and do battle with the guys wearing bullet proof vests, and backed up by five or six other guys? Remember this: They will have gas masks, xeon lights, and the law, even if its wrong, backing them up. What will you have?

You would risk the lives of every member of your family, to protect some guns sitting in your closet or basement.?

Get Real Dude!!! You gonna do 'exactly" what they tell you to do. Because when your staring down the bore-hole of that H&K MP5/SD, your gonna be thinking about how much it will hurt when those projectiles slam into your face.

Your gonna be thinking that you don't want the kids or ol' lady shot because of you. -And you will fold up right then and there.

People you gotta quit living in denial of the fact that you're just fooling yourself....

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskaFranke

So you expect them to send 2 ERTs to the house? And in the middle of the night? To collect some guns?

Obviously you overestimate their strength. Or they overestimate ours.

But hey, I'm in a playful mood, let's play with your scenario:

Those 2 teams can only clear half a dozen to a dozen houses a night. Do you not think that people will hear what is going on through the grapevine that Joe's house got raided and they took all his guns/threw him in jail?

After that first night, true patriots will post shifts, armed. True patriots will take to the rooftops and windowsills and hunt the unconstitutional criminals. There won't be a street in the city that the ERTs can operate on because their helmets are not rated to stop rifle rounds. Let alone steel core rounds, which will punch right through their precious vests. And then their weapons will fall into the hands of the scavengers, so there is a whole new problem.

No, they won't come for our guns until a weapon has already killed us en masse (think chemical/bio-weapon via aerosol tanks on planes or via water supply). Then it will be come to the camp for assistance, check your guns at the gate, nobody leaves(for your safety, of course).

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
To all of the people who have implied that they would cooperate on one level or another with the authorities, I ask this:

Whose homes do you suppose will be visited first, those that will happily disarm (maybe even offer some coffee and sandwiches as long as they are there?) or the homes that are hardened, even booby trapped, and most likely will result in a firefight?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

ooh ooh *waving hand wildly*

I know this one...

It will be the pussies, er, pacifists who get violated, er, visited first.
They'll just give the rest of us cruise missiles!

Thanks for GPS tagging my front door ACORN!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'll give them my arms one bullet at a time.
Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by newworld

I disagree with everything except that tthe government is not always truthfull. Yes they are not, no government is but that does not give us reason to break the law. Many other countries like Switzerland, England. Greece, Finland, India etc their citizens also don't keep weapons like American citizens in hoardes but it does not mean their government is killling them.

The overhype most of the people creatiing is probably because they are not much educated and still cling to 1600-1800's beleif's forgetting this is 2009 and probably don't grasp how the real world works.

If weapons were all necessary then there was no need for law enformcement agencies in a country. If people could solve their own problems with the guns they would'nt have ever dialed 911.

Anarchy is and never was good for any country and what you are suggesting is anarchy.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Longtimegone

When you have something civil and intelligent to say, then say I dont need to know your family history.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I am not sure where you live, but I certainly do not live in a jungle or any place like Uganda, Sudan, Ahghanistan or Iraq etc. where such incidents may happen.

I wonder why crime rate in America is going up even now when citizens can amass weapons in comparison to country where citizens can't keep weapons such as Switzerland for eg.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Nope I dont bother about who keeps their gun and who don't, not that anyone will ask me. I am only stating my views for what I'll do and this does not include anyone else.

Ask yourself, "why does the government want my guns?". It's sure as hell not because taking away your arms is going to make your life better.

Because we nomore live in Barbaric times where every person needs to keep weapon. Nor are we living in a place full of turmoil like Uganda, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan. Over there it makes sense because there is not enough police to manage or poor govt. and economic conditions and crimes like what you say are abundant there on normal basis but in a civilised world it is not needed.

I have visited many countries, so I speak from my experience. Perhaps if some of you will ever venture out to the "real world" you would realise this is not a "stone age".

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand. I am pretty certain that more than a couple of them will at least sustain serious brain injury before they put me down.

Course how would it get to that point?

(knock, knock)

Me: Hello?

Them: Yes Mr. KNO, We are with the government and due to the national emergency situation we are required to confiscate your (insert make and model here)

Me: (laughs and shuts door.)

(knock knock)

I think it would go down hill from that point.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AlaskaFranke

Thanx!! but no matter what you say some people will live in denial all their lives. I dont blame them, it's mostly the older era people who were broughtup in different times like WW1 & WW2 and education was not good then, that's why they are so aprhensive and scared to go out and see what the real practical world is all about. Perhaps someday when they will get up from their sofa and switch off 24/7 FOX news or doomdsday TV they will search for calender and may be surprised to see we are in 2009.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by tjack

I wonder why crime rate in America is going up even now when citizens can amass weapons in comparison to country where citizens can't keep weapons such as Switzerland for eg.

Perhaps Switzerland was not your best choice for an example. "Gun politics in Switzerland are unique in Europe. The personal weapon of militia personnel is kept at home as part of the military obligations. This, in addition to liberal gun laws and strong shooting traditions, has led to a very high gun count per capita. Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world." en.wikipedia.org...

Note the interesting part about the militia personnel. Nothing like a full auto assault rifle for home defense.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisR

I'm a little bit of a Constitutional purist... at least, on this subject.

I would hold that the Founding Fathers were enlightened enough to foresee this kind of thing... which is exactly why we have the right to guns to begin with.

Cold, dead fingers, prybar... all that.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I would give up my guns. And offer the officer or mercinary a warm meal, and a roof over their head.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I am serious, because I believe in my government. If I have no reason to keep weapon I won't. If I feel my life is at risk or my family, I'll ask for police protection (main reason most gunowners keep weapon).

Wow! just wow. Never knew there were people like you left in the world. You are entitled to your own beliefs. but I on the other hand cannot think of one reason to not own a gun.

You can't be serious about relying on the police for protection? The police show up AFTER the crime has been committed. If I were you, I wouldn't tell to many in my neighborhood that you don't keep a weapon. Your just asking for trouble. There is a good chance you will be a statistic very soon. Don't you realize criminals just love people who are defenseless?

Hasn't any of the lessons of history taught you anything? Take the Rwanda genocide for example, where hundreds of thousands were crudely murdered with spears and knives. Do you think all those people would have died if they had guns to protect themselves? If you think something like that cannot happen here, you are dead wrong.

Those who have guns eat, those who don't have guns, don't eat.

IMHO, It's not the police, not your politicians, not your laws, not your wishful thinking, that will save this nation. Only the armed citizen can. The buck stops here.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
first make sure i had video camera on them recording then say what guns. all i have is airsoft bb guns no real firearms and you want to search my house without a warrant you say no way buy the way i just sent this whole conversation to you tube new york times and 8 other major news outlets

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't why these paranoid threads on guns being banned keep coming up - there is no way on earth the US gov is going to make people give up there guns - the gun lobby is way to strong - the most they will ever do is tinker around the edges, but nothing meaningful will ever happen it will be far to unpoplar and at the end of the day politicans want to get re-elected.

Also despite what some NWO conspiracy nuts think the US gov is nowhere near strong enough nor ever will be to enforce such a policy. The ownership of guns is too enshrined in the psyche of the popluation including many of those in power or in positions of public authority to be removed. On a practical front how could they enforce it as they have no real idea about the guns that are out there and many of the people who would be called on to enforce the policy actually believe in the right.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by tjack

I am not sure where you live, but I certainly do not live in a jungle or any place like Uganda, Sudan, Ahghanistan or Iraq etc. where such incidents may happen.

So you truly believe home invasion only occurs in countries such as Uganda, Afghanistan, and Iraq? Watch the evening news lately? You must live in SugarPlumFairyLand.

And where did you get the idea that Switzerland, which has one of the highest gun ownership rates per capita in the world, doesn't allow its citizens to keep weapons?

Your mind seems made up regarding this matter so I won't bother you with more food for thought.

Best of luck to you though.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by tjack]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join