It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secrets of hermetic alchemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

A crash course into the mysteries of alchemy, the ancient system of life, the universe and everything else. The origin of modern science, and a system to acheive goldness. The full film is in eight episodes, you should find the next part as soon as the one you are watching is ended.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I've looked into this a bit myself, and it's good to see it here.

It's summed up in the video when the text describes the processes of the one thing. That that which is above is like that which is below, and our goal is to transmute high spiritual principles into our all of our work, to manifest them physically, in solid matter.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
so, what is hermetic alchemy?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

It's alchemy (alchemy meaning "matter of the Black Land" or Egypt) as recorded by hermeticists. It's the transmutation of spiritual ideas/principles/subtle "substances" into solid, physical matter, or earth. Like I said in my previous post, it's carrying over the highest spiritual principles and order in the universe and imprinting it upon all of our physical world, in buildings or books or what have you, causing spirituality to be embedded into physicality.

Say you are a Hollywood director/producer, for example, and also a practicing alchemist. You might produce a film very much like "The Matrix" trilogy, which is just one big spiritual allegory. Or maybe you are an architect and design all sorts of beautiful and meaningful sacred geometry into your structures. Or a doctor or psychologist, you would be all about manifesting the divine within your patients.

Alchemists are all about manifesting any and all forms of divinity into material forms.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Transmuting the lead of ego into the gold of spirit.

Hermetic is sealed.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, Hermetic, points to Hermes, the Greek name of Toth, the Egyptian god of, well, anything mystic really, and wrote the ever elusive Papyrus of Toth, a book detailing the mechanisms of majik. People are said to die sudden deaths or dissapear while studying this book.

Like the video says in it's opening, alckemy comes from the Arabic words Al Khemet which means "from Egypt", or "from the black land".

new topics

top topics

join